#1 Jugger Grimrod

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General III
  • General III
  • 263 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAddicks, Fed Suns

Posted 05 November 2016 - 03:55 AM

Even with the speed and ECM, I doubt the Assassin will be 'tanky' enough for the 4-Medium brawls that Scouting has devolved to. Too bad...

Still, it looks to be good for what is was designed for - scouting the enemy and relaying info to allies in FP and QP. Armed w a good sniping weapon, it looks to be a fun little backstabber!

#2 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 05 November 2016 - 04:52 AM

View PostJugger Grimrod, on 05 November 2016 - 03:55 AM, said:

Even with the speed and ECM, I doubt the Assassin will be 'tanky' enough for the 4-Medium brawls that Scouting has devolved to. Too bad...

Still, it looks to be good for what is was designed for - scouting the enemy and relaying info to allies in FP and QP. Armed w a good sniping weapon, it looks to be a fun little backstabber!

I use to have some great success in Scout mode with my X-5. While I recon and get intel, my lancemates (all in 55 brawlers) will stick together and destroy any opposition (my speed allows me to return in time for helping the fight).

Assassin can do the same job, and probably better.

#3 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 05 November 2016 - 05:25 AM

40 ton platforms can work in Scouting. I mean, the last two nights I experimented with 3x Viper scout teams. We won 95% of the games we managed to get in on.

The problem at 40 tons is mechs start to get flimsy enough that both IS AC20 and larger Clan SSRM batteries become significant threats to them. Like.. significant enough that if they have more than one or two of them, you're just better off avoiding conflict if you're the attacker.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 05 November 2016 - 05:28 AM.

#4 Kurbeks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 337 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 06:24 AM

It's just Humanoid Oxide with Jumpjets (best variant). Can get free back shots and roll over nubs. Vs something better and organised will die from 2-3 streak waves.

#5 Stormie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 279 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 06 November 2016 - 06:28 AM

Dependent on the quirks, chucking in an engine capable of doing 140ish (ie not max engine) and 2 ERLL, should be able to kite and leg the other team, especially if they bring only crows, novas and hunchies like usual. Can do this with a cicada/ice ferret already and its quite effective.

Probably the safest way to Pug scouting and ensure wins actually.

Edited by Stormie, 06 November 2016 - 06:30 AM.

#6 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 09:50 PM

Gather Intel, yes it can work.
Protect Intel, no.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users