Any One Know Where I Can Download The Mwo Repair Tool?

14 replies to this topic

#1 BlackWing88

• PipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 02:34 PM

can you post the location/link for it please and thank you as my game has been crashing ever 5/20 minuits

#2 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 05 November 2016 - 02:35 PM

if you have the patcher its the cog on the upper left or something like that. If you are using steam the best you can do is verify cache integrity.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 05 November 2016 - 02:35 PM.

#3 BlackWing88

• PipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 02:40 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 05 November 2016 - 02:35 PM, said:

if you have the patcher its the cog on the upper left or something like that. If you are using steam the best you can do is verify cache integrity.

huh where is the patcher.eve located? where in the file directory ?

Edited by BlackWing88, 05 November 2016 - 02:48 PM.

#4 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 05 November 2016 - 03:03 PM

View PostBlackWing88, on 05 November 2016 - 02:40 PM, said:

huh where is the patcher.eve located? where in the file directory ?

the video is for visual you just open your client and their should be a cog in the top right that will have the repair tool

#5 BlackWing88

• PipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 10:06 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 05 November 2016 - 03:03 PM, said:

the video is for visual you just open your client and their should be a cog in the top right that will have the repair tool

huh but i use stream that is why i ask im curious if i can find out where the repair/patch.exe file is located

#6 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 05 November 2016 - 11:04 PM

View PostBlackWing88, on 05 November 2016 - 10:06 PM, said:

huh but i use stream that is why i ask im curious if i can find out where the repair/patch.exe file is located

Steam Users do NOT get the Repair Tool, because they already have the Steam-based "Verify Cache Integrity" Function. If you're still having issues after that, then we need to know some things. For example, what OS do you have? How much RAM in your system? Are you currently using MWO's 32-Bit or 64-Bit Client? We won't be able to help much without any of that useful information. :huh:

~D. V. "Not exactly what you wanted to hear, I know..." Devnull

#7 BlackWing88

• PipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 11:59 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 05 November 2016 - 11:04 PM, said:

Steam Users do NOT get the Repair Tool, because they already have the Steam-based "Verify Cache Integrity" Function. If you're still having issues after that, then we need to know some things. For example, what OS do you have? How much RAM in your system? Are you currently using MWO's 32-Bit or 64-Bit Client? We won't be able to help much without any of that useful information. Posted Image

~D. V. "Not exactly what you wanted to hear, I know..." Devnull

64 BIT client 16 Gigabytes 2x8GB at 2600megahertz at 12-13-13-35 timing windows 10 pro-64bit :(need any more specs?) here is a screen cap of the error i get and it feels like it is coming from over time degradation/corruption of files. as ever fresh install it stops for about 100/200 hours of gameplay then it starts again. un/reinstall works again for another 100/200 hours of gameplay/repeat. and verify game cash from steam that i did repeatedly 100 times over literally does nothing to fix it. only un/reinstall stabilizes it for the next 100 or so hours of game play.

(picture of error https://postimg.org/image/f4y80x2n7/)

#8 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 957 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 06 November 2016 - 12:09 AM

And the error message is clearly talking about your graphics card.
So I would update/reinstall the driver, and if the error persists maybe clean and reseat the card.

Greetings

el piro

#9 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 12:26 AM

View PostBlackWing88, on 05 November 2016 - 11:59 PM, said:

<<<snip>>>

64 BIT client 16 Gigabytes 2x8GB at 2600megahertz at 12-13-13-35 timing windows 10 pro-64bit :(need any more specs?) here is a screen cap of the error i get and it feels like it is coming from over time degradation/corruption of files. as ever fresh install it stops for about 100/200 hours of gameplay then it starts again. un/reinstall works again for another 100/200 hours of gameplay/repeat. and verify game cash from steam that i did repeatedly 100 times over literally does nothing to fix it. only un/reinstall stabilizes it for the next 100 or so hours of game play.

(picture of error https://postimg.org/image/f4y80x2n7/)

If your install is currently still stable, try the Force 32-Bit Client Instructions @ http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/224380-force-32-bit-game-client-missing/page__view__findpost__p__5083378 and let us know if things break again. :huh:

Also, how long have you had your computer? Is your system physically old? If so, MWO may be causing your computer to show its' age. This is sounding more to me like your Hard Disk is in potential need of replacement, unlike what el piromaniaco is thinking with...

View Postel piromaniaco, on 06 November 2016 - 12:09 AM, said:

So I would update/reinstall the driver, and if the error persists maybe clean and reseat the card.

Greetings

el piro

...as what's being shown looks more like a symptom of a larger problem, particularly since you're getting 100 to 200 hours and then something breaks. Have any of your other games corrupted in this manner? :blink:

If all the above fails, Contact MWO Support @ http://mwomercs.com/support, if their E-Mail Addresses even work. I saw potential recent rumor that they might not, which would be very scary. :(

~D. V. "Almost feels like a Halloween-grade situation..." Devnull

#10 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 957 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 06 November 2016 - 01:29 AM

Graphics driver reinstall = max 10 minutes
Clean and reseat graphics card = max 30 minutes (if this is something new for you), always a good thing to do anyway.

That's at least what I would do before thinking about a new hdd (and backup/restore or reinstall etc)

When I had this error on my old computer frequently, it was cured by a new graphics card btw. Well, it needed a new card anyway to play MWO at a decent frame rate.

#11 BlackWing88

• PipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 02:30 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 06 November 2016 - 12:26 AM, said:

If your install is currently still stable, try the Force 32-Bit Client Instructions @ http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/224380-force-32-bit-game-client-missing/page__view__findpost__p__5083378 and let us know if things break again. Posted Image

Also, how long have you had your computer? Is your system physically old? If so, MWO may be causing your computer to show its' age. This is sounding more to me like your Hard Disk is in potential need of replacement, unlike what el piromaniaco is thinking with...

...as what's being shown looks more like a symptom of a larger problem, particularly since you're getting 100 to 200 hours and then something breaks. Have any of your other games corrupted in this manner? Posted Image

If all the above fails, Contact MWO Support @ http://mwomercs.com/support, if their E-Mail Addresses even work. I saw potential recent rumor that they might not, which would be very scary. Posted Image

~D. V. "Almost feels like a Halloween-grade situation..." Devnull

MY computer is top of the line only two years old / i have the game on a HDD 1tb 64mb cash WD black hard drive is only 2 years old(so if it is my hard drive then their has been some kind of softfailure that should not of happened to a 2 year old HDD )/ os on a Samsung SSD 248GB PRO/ video card Evga GEFORCE GTX 980 KINGPIN / i have a i7 4770K / A EVGA Z87 FTW mother board / a evga acx cpu cooler/cooler master HAF ADV932

and no other games i play have corrupted in such a manner and my os is stable

View Postel piromaniaco, on 06 November 2016 - 12:09 AM, said:

Greetings

el piro

newest drivers installed video card is so clean you can eat off it

View Postel piromaniaco, on 06 November 2016 - 01:29 AM, said:

Graphics driver reinstall = max 10 minutes
Clean and reseat graphics card = max 30 minutes (if this is something new for you), always a good thing to do anyway.

That's at least what I would do before thinking about a new hdd (and backup/restore or reinstall etc)

When I had this error on my old computer frequently, it was cured by a new graphics card btw. Well, it needed a new card anyway to play MWO at a decent frame rate.

i did a fresh install of the drivers when i reinstalled the new ones and video card is clean and trying to reseat it will take atleast 4 hours due to space restrictions and the pure size of the kingpin cards hhd is all ready new

Edited by BlackWing88, 06 November 2016 - 02:32 AM.

#12 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 03:30 AM

BlackWing88, have you tried the 32-Bit Client, per the instruction link which I provided above? If not, please give it a shot and let me know if you end up having any further issues with MWO tearing itself apart again. :mellow:

If it still does, Contacting MWO Support may be the only remaining option. I'll let you know if I happen to think of anything else, though. :(

~D. V. "Not many things left to try..." Devnull

#13 BlackWing88

• PipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 04:50 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 06 November 2016 - 03:30 AM, said:

BlackWing88, have you tried the 32-Bit Client, per the instruction link which I provided above? If not, please give it a shot and let me know if you end up having any further issues with MWO tearing itself apart again. Posted Image

If it still does, Contacting MWO Support may be the only remaining option. I'll let you know if I happen to think of anything else, though. Posted Image

thank you so much i will try the 32bit client if it starts up with constant crashes ever 10 minutes or ever 2 matches but for now it is stable + i wish to try the 32bit with a fresh install of MWO so to see if that fixes it as i have been allready useing the 64 bit client so next intall i will use 32bit for not soiled results of me already using the 64 bit client with this install also thank you so much for helping me with the technical issues it means the world to me =-D as the crashing is extreamly annoying

#14 BlackWing88

• PipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 09:33 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 06 November 2016 - 03:30 AM, said:

BlackWing88, have you tried the 32-Bit Client, per the instruction link which I provided above? If not, please give it a shot and let me know if you end up having any further issues with MWO tearing itself apart again. Posted Image

If it still does, Contacting MWO Support may be the only remaining option. I'll let you know if I happen to think of anything else, though. Posted Image

ran 32bit did nothing at to fix it

#15 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 03:42 AM

View PostBlackWing88, on 14 November 2016 - 09:33 PM, said:

ran 32bit did nothing at to fix it

Okay... Thanks for at least trying. :)

By the way, I did think of one other thing. At some point, I could swear I remember hearing of someone who found out that their defragmenter, some kind of disk cleanup, or some other always-active type of disk utility was ending up with MWO being damaged until they disabled it. Do you have anything like that running on your computer? :huh:

However, I wouldn't suggest disabling any AntiVirus/FireWall that you may have running, because knocking those out would make your computer unsafe. :mellow:

~D. V. "Just trying to catch the rare possibility..." Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users