Can Gauss Ammo Slot Filling Decrease Probability Of Crits?

7 replies to this topic

#1 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:01 PM

Posted Image

#2 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:24 PM

Doesn't make much of a difference in the CT, all you gain is 2 slots, or from 22 to 24 possible Crit slots.
Potential to save some heatsinks, but I'd say not worth it.

Arms...well, can you spend the 2 tons in better ways? Like a STD engine? The half ton in the leg does absolutely nothing, as there's nothing meaningful to Crit Pad.

What they do isn't decrease the chance of Crits, but decease the chance of Crits to destroy a specific item. Let's take the arms as an example.

12 slots with the ammo, and without, 10 Crit-able slots.
So, without the ammo, a PPC/AC10/20/Gauss/etc... has a 2/10 chance to destroy a laser, or 20% chance.
With the ammo, that goes to a 2/12 chance, or ~17% chance

Is that 3% chance worth it?

...seriously, please drop that XL, CC, BAP and the ammo. Go with Endo and grab an STD.
plz

Edited by Mcgral18, 09 November 2016 - 10:25 PM.

#3 Chuck Jager

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:35 PM

Should I point out another sniper assault or just start on another breathing hole in the rear ward area of this pilot.

#4 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:46 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 09 November 2016 - 08:24 PM, said:

Doesn't make much of a difference in the CT, all you gain is 2 slots, or from 22 to 24 possible Crit slots.
Potential to save some heatsinks, but I'd say not worth it.

Arms...well, can you spend the 2 tons in better ways? Like a STD engine? The half ton in the leg does absolutely nothing, as there's nothing meaningful to Crit Pad.

What they do isn't decrease the chance of Crits, but decease the chance of Crits to destroy a specific item. Let's take the arms as an example.

12 slots with the ammo, and without, 10 Crit-able slots.
So, without the ammo, a PPC/AC10/20/Gauss/etc... has a 2/10 chance to destroy a laser, or 20% chance.
With the ammo, that goes to a 2/12 chance, or ~17% chance

Is that 3% chance worth it?

...seriously, please drop that XL, CC, BAP and the ammo. Go with Endo and grab an STD.
plz

I'm not certain if the gauss ammo in the CT critted before I lost heat sinks but there have been a few times when I heard the "gauss ammo destroyed" message with a cored CT before I died.

Flipping a coin 10 times, it isn't likely to be 5 heads and 5 tails. Probability outcomes are curves rather than flat lines. On paper it might look like a 17% probability down from 20%. In the real world its likely to be much higher or lower. Especially with computers and random number generators which might be defind in terms of being difficult to produce truly random behavior from deterministic state based systems.

Maybe I just suck at this game, but it seems like I need BAP/CAP on some maps to spot UAV's like crimson strait during the daytime. The white colored sky blends with UAV's too easily. Then there are team mates who would never ever shoot down a UAV unless you lock onto it. Anyways I don't care if I use crap builds these days. Whatever stupid thing I do, it will almost never manage to eclipse the decisions made by my team if we happen to lose.

View PostChuck Jager, on 09 November 2016 - 10:35 PM, said:

Should I point out another sniper assault or just start on another breathing hole in the rear ward area of this pilot.

There's nothing wrong with sniper assaults, bro. The only people who have taken offense to having me on my team with ER LL atlas builds are typically people who only managed to do 50-100 damage on the end of game screen. Alpine, frozen city, polar highlands are all assault sniper viable maps.

And if my team loses its almost always because people decided to nascar or made some other terrible decision rather than something I did.

Edited by I Zeratul I, 09 November 2016 - 10:50 PM.

#5 Random Carnage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 946 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 09 November 2016 - 11:16 PM

Oh dear. Dodgy math combined with dodgy logic combined with being defensive about rationalizing a dodgy build.

This is going to end well.

I think I'll skip this one - after obligatory post count +1 Posted Image

Dear OP, meet Mcgral18 - the one person on the planet you don't want to get into a statistical pissing match with.

As you were.

[EDIT] For the sake of being constructive, I consider my KDK-SB meeting your build - and if you're within effective range of your IS ERLL's then I can close on you in a heartbeat.

Dbl tap 110 dam into RT and twist away -1 one thousand, 2 one thousand - twist back - 3 one thousand, Dbl Tap 110 dam into RT again = you dead. Enjoy spectating.

OR - in scenario 2, replace the above with virtually any gunned up light who isn't a complete f*cking ret*rd and show your back to them for about 2 seconds = same result.

Edited by Random Carnage, 09 November 2016 - 11:36 PM.

#6 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 11:43 PM

I feel like you'd be better off ditching the ammo, the command console, and a heat sink, accepting a speed reduction and switching to Endo+Standard. Any 'crit rescues' the Gauss ammo gives you is almost definitely going to pale iin comparison to being able to survive being blown in half.

EDIT: Also, do you really need a BAP? I try to jam them in as many builds as I can as well, but it doesn't seem like it's doing you any good if you're humping hills 800 meters back.

Edited by Bombast, 09 November 2016 - 11:45 PM.

#7 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 11:51 PM

View PostBombast, on 09 November 2016 - 11:43 PM, said:

I feel like you'd be better off ditching the ammo, the command console, and a heat sink, accepting a speed reduction and switching to Endo+Standard. Any 'crit rescues' the Gauss ammo gives you is almost definitely going to pale iin comparison to being able to survive being blown in half.

EDIT: Also, do you really need a BAP? I try to jam them in as many builds as I can as well, but it doesn't seem like it's doing you any good if you're humping hills 800 meters back.

Well, he probably has BAP to complement the CC, Adv. Sensor Range and Target Info Gathering but he should be throwing that on a DDC if he wants to do it "right."

#8 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 12:17 AM

View PostI Zeratul I, on 09 November 2016 - 10:46 PM, said:

There's nothing wrong with sniper assaults, bro. The only people who have taken offense to having me on my team with ER LL atlas builds are typically people who only managed to do 50-100 damage on the end of game screen. Alpine, frozen city, polar highlands are all assault sniper viable maps.

And if my team loses its almost always because people decided to nascar or made some other terrible decision rather than something I did.

I'm offended by a 6 ER LL, xl engine atlas aswell. And i usually deal a bit more than 100 damage on the end game screen.

The atlas is a terrible mech for sniping to begin with. The low slung arms are a no go for sniping in general. You are forced to expose your whole mech with those gorilla arms. If you want to "snipe" in an assault mech, both the Stalker and the BM are way better choices than an atlas.

But i like how you listed maps that are "all" assault sniper viable maps, and ended up with a grand total of 3 maps, that are ~ the most hated maps nowadays.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users