Trump

117 replies to this topic

#41 MarineTechs Protege

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 06:41 AM

View PostEglar, on 10 November 2016 - 05:06 AM, said:

Wait you'd rather have a president(chancellor) that throws your tax money at refugees and immigrants, after taxing 45% of your gross income. Great choise.

Well I do believe in accepting refugees so... I look at it this way. If I was one of those refugees would I want help?

View PostProf RJ Gumby, on 10 November 2016 - 02:57 AM, said:

This were the most terrible elections I have ever seen. Full of hate and bashing from both sides. Basically an insult competition.

You think Trump is the bad guy here? Think again. Check who was running the country for the last 8 years and ask yourselves how come you nation became so divided and convulted that almost everyone voted not on the basis what is gonna be good for their country, but on the basis who do they hate the most, a corrupted hate-mongering polititian or a boorish hate-mongering businessman. Who divided your great nation into 2 camps that have each other? It wasn't Trump. Who made half of your population so pissed off, disappointed and desperate to vote for a guy like Trump? It wasn't Trump. Who decided to push an elderly, unhealthy, uncharismatic, compromised politician with a history of shady connections and deeds to be the president of the "enlightened" people riding mostly on hype to make the first female US president? It wasn't Trump. Who had spin the hype for the last president that was supposed to be the man to change everything for the better, while almost nothing had changed?

Trump did not created the US the way it is now. He just did what good businessmen do - notice a demand for a product and then sold this product to the people. Did you listen to his speech after the election? There was no hate there. He didn't need it anymore. I'm quite sure we do not actually know what will he do as the president. He did not show his true colours yet. He may be terrible, he may be not bad. Time will tell.

Well said sir

#42 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 10 November 2016 - 07:03 AM

This were the most terrible elections I have ever seen. Full of hate and bashing from both sides. Basically an insult competition.

You think Trump is the bad guy here? Think again. Check who was running the country for the last 8 years and ask yourselves how come you nation became so divided and convulted that almost everyone voted not on the basis what is gonna be good for their country, but on the basis who do they hate the most, a corrupted hate-mongering polititian or a boorish hate-mongering businessman. Who divided your great nation into 2 camps that have each other? It wasn't Trump. Who made half of your population so pissed off, disappointed and desperate to vote for a guy like Trump? It wasn't Trump. Who decided to push an elderly, unhealthy, uncharismatic, compromised politician with a history of shady connections and deeds to be the president of the "enlightened" people riding mostly on hype to make the first female US president? It wasn't Trump. Who had spin the hype for the last president that was supposed to be the man to change everything for the better, while almost nothing had changed?

Trump did not created the US the way it is now. He just did what good businessmen do - notice a demand for a product and then sold this product to the people. Did you listen to his speech after the election? There was no hate there. He didn't need it anymore. I'm quite sure we do not actually know what will he do as the president. He did not show his true colours yet. He may be terrible, he may be not bad. Time will tell.

the miserabel state the US is in came with bush and those issues are still present. his dept legacy and ideas did screw up things on a long term. We will see if trump cna fix it, but with his ideas I doubt it's going to work. And sicne i am not living in the US I just hope he doesn't screw up globally, The rets is what voters deserve as they wanted that guy (or at least the plurality of them). The good thing of a democracy is you always can blame those who voted as they are responsible for the person in charge being in charge.

Wait you'd rather have a president(chancellor) that throws your tax money at refugees and immigrants, after taxing 45% of your gross income. Great choise.

USA cosnists basically nearly only of immigrants and their offsprings. immigration isn't generally bad, what always is bad is people of entirely different thnical thinking and different ideals and morality. That does not work. You could be sure if the same amount of immigrants would have come from hungray or canada or japan that never would have been a problem. But when basic concepts of living of 2 groups do not fit together then it's causing tensions and issues.

Theres nothing wrong with helping people but when those behave wrong they should just get instantly kicked out as these people do not deserve help.

Edited by Lily from animove, 10 November 2016 - 07:17 AM.

#43 Black Phoebe

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 07:45 AM

Nobody in germany pays 45% taxes of his gross income. You only pay that much for the amount of money that exeeds the threshold of 250.000 Euros for a single person or 500.000 for a married couple, for everything else you pay lower taxes. And even then it is not the gross income but the taxable income, which is usually a lot less. Of course someone who has to pay the "rich tax" would know this.

Germany, like every other democratic country, wastes a lot of money for stupid and unnecessary things, but helping those poor people ain't one of them. This actually one of the few reasons why i'm proud to be a german. Not because of something someone else did in the past, but because of something i'm actually part of.

Edited by Black Phoebe, 10 November 2016 - 07:47 AM.

#44 Eglar

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 921 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 November 2016 - 08:02 AM

View PostBlack Phoebe, on 10 November 2016 - 07:45 AM, said:

Nobody in germany pays 45% taxes of his gross income. You only pay that much for the amount of money that exeeds the threshold of 250.000 Euros for a single person or 500.000 for a married couple, for everything else you pay lower taxes. And even then it is not the gross income but the taxable income, which is usually a lot less. Of course someone who has to pay the "rich tax" would know this.

Germany, like every other democratic country, wastes a lot of money for stupid and unnecessary things, but helping those poor people ain't one of them. This actually one of the few reasons why i'm proud to be a german. Not because of something someone else did in the past, but because of something i'm actually part of.

Posted Image

go figure. (it is just a sample and noones actual income)

View PostLily from animove, on 10 November 2016 - 07:03 AM, said:

USA cosnists basically nearly only of immigrants and their offsprings. immigration isn't generally bad, what always is bad is people of entirely different thnical thinking and different ideals and morality. That does not work. You could be sure if the same amount of immigrants would have come from hungray or canada or japan that never would have been a problem. But when basic concepts of living of 2 groups do not fit together then it's causing tensions and issues.

Theres nothing wrong with helping people but when those behave wrong they should just get instantly kicked out as these people do not deserve help.

There is a difference between capable immigrants and refugees. Canada for instance grants immigrants that bring a certain amount of money to their country(e.g. mostly chinese people) immigration rights. Also, people with a certain academic degree (afaik Masters and above). Because those are the kind of immigrants that can contribute to a society,

If you however take in people regardless of their degree, expertise or wealth you just have to feed those people.

At the same time we germans complain about stuff like not having enough retirement funds. Raising the retirement age up to 65. Right, maybe we should first help ourselves before helping others.

Edited by Eglar, 10 November 2016 - 08:21 AM.

#45 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 10 November 2016 - 08:09 AM

If any want to move from the states, you are welcome to us in the north. Its pretty good here in Norway and sure I bet its totally fine in Sweden, Iceland, Demark and Finland too Posted Image We do have some odd/ backstabbing politics and politicians. But they are like twice, thricemore sane than yours, judging from what I've seen of the US ones (besides Bernie Sanders)

A second thought... read about our political parties first, so you get an idea *cough* Just make sure no fundamentalists, scientologists and such horrors follows you. Enough with what little of devious, undermining nutjob sects we got alredy.

Also we got a big vodka bear as neigbhour to the east, friendly native sami people across our borders into Finland and close to true norsespeaking viking cousins in the north-west! Posted Image

Edited by Tordin, 10 November 2016 - 08:11 AM.

#46 Black Phoebe

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 08:24 AM

View PostEglar, on 10 November 2016 - 08:02 AM, said:

go figure. (it is just a sample and noones actual income)

Your taxable income is usually much lower than your gross income, especially if you earn enough money to qualify for the rich tax, because that means, that you have enough money to pay for good tax consultant.

In your example you would pay something around 30% taxes of your taxable income, not 45% of your gross income. Social security contributions are no taxes and are not "thrown at refugees", they are used for your own personal social security.

Edited by Black Phoebe, 10 November 2016 - 08:27 AM.

#47 Eglar

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 921 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 November 2016 - 08:43 AM

View PostBlack Phoebe, on 10 November 2016 - 08:24 AM, said:

Your taxable income is usually much lower than your gross income, especially if you earn enough money to qualify for the rich tax, because that means, that you have enough money to pay for good tax consultant.

In your example you would pay something around 30% taxes of your taxable income, not 45% of your gross income. Social security contributions are no taxes and are not "thrown at refugees", they are used for your own personal social security.

Lol thats a joke, right? most of my so called social insurance goes into the state budget. In case i live till 100 and go into retirement at 65 i would get far less than what ive paid in. So where did my money go? Feeding the previous generations? I could live with that but unfortunately the government is not very transparent in that regard, right? But i'm still forced to pay that. Not naming it tax is just a formality

As for my health insurance: I am paying a private Health insurance and still have to pay 200 EUR a month. As for Solidaritaetszuschlag - What the actual *** - it's 2016.

U,S, Tax in comparison:
Posted Image

As for income and salaries:
Posted Image

I took microsoft because the IT industry is very extreme, you might also check google or SAP, a german company. As an mechanical Engineer, the difference is not that big but I still earn less than someone in the same position as me working in the U.S.

So yea, GLHF, moving out of the US and comming to Germany.

#48 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 09:39 AM

View PostBlack Phoebe, on 10 November 2016 - 08:24 AM, said:

see thats NOT the case, the generation contract is that those who pay the social security NOW do that to pay the ones receiving it now. And ontop this si not an exclusive bucket, the gouvernment just takes money from wherever money is if any other bucket needs money. Thats why it is so screwed up. There are many so called buckets, like the ones for fuel, which is said to be used for road infrastructure, but in reality thats all not true, its a mess where one takes from wherever money is and gives it wherever money is needed.

Edited by Lily from animove, 10 November 2016 - 09:40 AM.

#49 Black Phoebe

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 10:20 AM

I know what the generation contract is. But that does not change the fact that you pay now to get a pension later. Also social security contributions include not only your pension insurance, it also includes health insurance, unemployment insurance and all those stuff. And those things are not part of the generation contract. You pay now to get money when you need it, so it is indeed for your own safety. Taxes on the other hand is money that the government is using for public needs.

They may shift the money around a bit, but in the end your health insurance will pay for your doctor, you will get money when you are unemployed and you will get a pension when you are qualify for it.

#50 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 10:45 AM

Posted Image

#51 Vanguard319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 November 2016 - 12:38 AM

Well said, I think a lot of people also proved to be smarter than the democrats realized. Whenever you watched the news, it was hard not to see how much of a leftist slant there was. Trump said some controversial things, sure, but what about the monumental scandals involving Hillary? The MSM either glossed over them like they didn't matter, or outright ignored it, but if you went to WikiLeaks, and you read those more damning Emails, there was no way an unbiased media could just ignore them. Then you had the violence against trump supporters like Denise Scott. The left called Trump a racist and a fascist, but it wasn't his supporters acting like brown shirts on video.

Whether it was these, being fed up with the establishment, or they were just sick of being lied to. The people made their vote, Trump won by a landslide against all odds, and time will tell how well people voted. I must confess however, that watching the left's smugness get utterly destroyed when it became apparent who won was very satisfying.

Edited by Vanguard319, 14 November 2016 - 12:39 AM.

#52 Black Phoebe

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 02:52 AM

View PostVanguard319, on 14 November 2016 - 12:38 AM, said:

The people made their vote, Trump won by a landslide against all odds, and time will tell how well people voted.

Trump got less votes than Clinton. In most western democracies Clinton would become president, not Trump. A 200 year old system made him president, not the will of "the people". They actually voted against him. You can argue, that the electoral college still serve a purpose, but getting elected by a minority is not exactly winning by a landslide.

You also do not have to be a member of "the left" to call a Trump a racist, fascist or sexist, you just have to listen to his speeches. He did a very good job to make himself a member of those groups.

Well, we live in interesting, post-factual times. Lets see how much of his promises Trump is able to keep and how much damage this will cause all over the world, including the United States. He already removed several points from his to-do list, if i'm not mistaken. So there is maybe some hope that he will just be another mediocre president.

#53 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 15 November 2016 - 04:57 PM

View PostBlack Phoebe, on 14 November 2016 - 02:52 AM, said:

Trump got less votes than Clinton. In most western democracies Clinton would become president, not Trump. A 200 year old system made him president, not the will of "the people". They actually voted against him. You can argue, that the electoral college still serve a purpose, but getting elected by a minority is not exactly winning by a landslide.

No, he did not. Trump likely got more of the popular vote than Clinton after you subtract all the dead and bussed double/triple/multiple voters that the DNC and Clinton's campaign paid for. Project Veritas and Wikileaks have already extensively covered this issue if you desire proof.

Edited by Mister Blastman, 15 November 2016 - 04:57 PM.

#54 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 15 November 2016 - 09:36 PM

View PostMister Blastman, on 15 November 2016 - 04:57 PM, said:

No, he did not. Trump likely got more of the popular vote than Clinton after you subtract all the dead and bussed double/triple/multiple voters that the DNC and Clinton's campaign paid for. Project Veritas and Wikileaks have already extensively covered this issue if you desire proof.

political operative groups with the primary goal having total deniability and never having their operations traced back to HRC herself (even though the Donald Duck suits were her idea)

Edited by Kin3ticX, 15 November 2016 - 09:58 PM.

#55 Pugsley

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 111 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 02:21 PM

Can we take a moment to think about the REAL losers of this election?

With everything thag has been happening the last week, the simple fact is that the salt industry in the US is going to completely collapse. I mean, who is going to pay money for something that is pilling up so much it's closing down roads? I mean, if I need any, all I need to do is turn on my computer and the stuff just starts pouring out. I don't even need to look for it, just hopping on TS or trying to play stompy robots without ending up with buckets of the stuff. My keyboard is ruined, my mouse is a gritty mess, the stuff gets everywhere. And soon another blue collar industry is going to be lost thanks to the spread of the internet.

#56 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 02:43 PM

View PostPugsley, on 16 November 2016 - 02:21 PM, said:

With everything thag has been happening the last week, the simple fact is that the salt industry in the US is going to completely collapse. I mean, who is going to pay money for something that is pilling up so much it's closing down roads? I mean, if I need any, all I need to do is turn on my computer and the stuff just starts pouring out. I don't even need to look for it, just hopping on TS or trying to play stompy robots without ending up with buckets of the stuff. My keyboard is ruined, my mouse is a gritty mess, the stuff gets everywhere. And soon another blue collar industry is going to be lost thanks to the spread of the internet.

dude salt is a natural resource, think about it, theres salt in so many products, evertyhign gonna get cheaper because of this, this makes the salt industry boom. you an sell salt cheap around the globe and even compete with asian prices. The onyl salt industries that collapse are those outside us.

#57 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 16 November 2016 - 04:56 PM

View PostPugsley, on 16 November 2016 - 02:21 PM, said:

I got some of that USDA certified angus grade salt

Posted Image

The most important thing to know about internet salt is that it works similarly to homeopathy. Likes cure likes. So this much salt actually gives you good blood pressure.

#58 Pugsley

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 111 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 06:05 PM

Well I hear laughter is good for you, and I've laughed so hard I've brought myself to tears just about every other day since the morning of the 9th. The schadenfreude is real.

#59 A Baoa Qu

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 06:55 PM

The People of United States did not choose Trump for their president, the people gave about two million votes more to Hillary Clinton. She won the second most presidential votes in the history of the United States, losing only to Barack Obama.

So she was elected to be the president by the people, but an inner circle elite gang known as Electoral College used their right to ignore democracy and chose Trump instead. Their motives could be anything really, we don't know and never will. Could have been that they chose Trump simply because they rather wanted anyone else than a woman as president, could have been they wanted a less aggressive foreign policy(Trump has said he wants to let the Russians be and take what they want, much like {Godwin's Law} was being appeased at first by letting him keep the conquered areas {Godwin's Law} Germany had illegally seized) or they could have just as well been bribed/coerced. Such things are a LOT more likely to happen among people in public offices than to an enormous amount of civilians.

I am not claiming that any of these things happened of course as we can't know for sure, but the fact remains that this Electoral College is a weakness in the democratic system of the United States. Either they follow the popular vote as is customary, in which case they really serve no function at all, or they work as a tool against democracy like they now did in the 2016 presidential vote.

#60 Pugsley

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 111 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 06:59 PM

Uhhh, the Electoral College hasn't even cast thier votes yet, the do that in December.

So the fact that you have no idea what you're talking about kind of kills your credibility. Plus you're a nutjob.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users