117 replies to this topic

#81 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 04 December 2016 - 07:32 PM

The liberal agenda benefits only a narrow sliver of our population and whatever they deem "proper." It hurts everyone else. They bully, villainize and slander anyone and everyone who disagrees with their point of view. Unfortunately liberal foreign policies have lead to a rapid decline American productivity leading not only to the crash of 2008 but extended the recession that resulted from the crash for the last eight years. Our country has never recovered.

The Clinton administration gave our country away to China and the rest of the world, through support of the United Nations, the World Trade Organization and NAFTA. Their repeal of Glass-Steagall, approval of the Fair Housing Act and subsequent policies forcing lending to less capable prospects, plus the lifting of derivatives embargoes within financial institutions crushed our nation when the bottom fell out in 2008.

HOWEVER... I am fair in also recognizing that Trickle Down Economics is a sham and a lie. The Republican economic policies that began in the 1980s have perpetuated a horrific lie that by reducing taxes on the rich, the poor will benefit. This has not been the case. Since the mid-1980s, wages have actually declined year after year while the upper 5% have seen huge wage increases and massive gains in their share of global wealth.

BOTH parties are at fault. Both are harmful. There is very little that is good about either agendas. They are wrong and both the Republican and Democrat parties serve a select segment of our population--a small, extraordinarily tiny portion known as the "plutocracy" or "oligarchy," the shadow class who are calling the shots, aggregating all the wealth and power for their own gain, while playing off the lie that the poor are harming the middle class.

But make no mistake, the liberal lie is just that--a lie. Their narrow-minded political correctness harms the vast majority of American citizens with their oppressive tactics and intolerance for moral and conservative American citizens.

The liberal machine owns 90% of the airwaves. Conservatives have but a sliver of less than 10% to get their message out. Than heavens for underground media. At least we have a way to hear the truth the mainstream media would rather bury--because these messages harm the plutocratic stranglehold that has been choking the life out of all off us for decades.

Edited by Mister Blastman, 04 December 2016 - 07:33 PM.

#82 Yiryi-Sa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 169 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 07:51 PM

View PostMister Blastman, on 04 December 2016 - 07:32 PM, said:

The liberal agenda benefits only a narrow sliver of our population and whatever they deem "proper." It hurts everyone else. They bully, villainize and slander anyone and everyone who disagrees with their point of view. Unfortunately liberal foreign policies have lead to a rapid decline American productivity leading not only to the crash of 2008 but extended the recession that resulted from the crash for the last eight years. Our country has never recovered.

The Clinton administration gave our country away to China and the rest of the world, through support of the United Nations, the World Trade Organization and NAFTA. Their repeal of Glass-Steagall, approval of the Fair Housing Act and subsequent policies forcing lending to less capable prospects, plus the lifting of derivatives embargoes within financial institutions crushed our nation when the bottom fell out in 2008.

HOWEVER... I am fair in also recognizing that Trickle Down Economics is a sham and a lie. The Republican economic policies that began in the 1980s have perpetuated a horrific lie that by reducing taxes on the rich, the poor will benefit. This has not been the case. Since the mid-1980s, wages have actually declined year after year while the upper 5% have seen huge wage increases and massive gains in their share of global wealth.

BOTH parties are at fault. Both are harmful. There is very little that is good about either agendas. They are wrong and both the Republican and Democrat parties serve a select segment of our population--a small, extraordinarily tiny portion known as the "plutocracy" or "oligarchy," the shadow class who are calling the shots, aggregating all the wealth and power for their own gain, while playing off the lie that the poor are harming the middle class.

But make no mistake, the liberal lie is just that--a lie. Their narrow-minded political correctness harms the vast majority of American citizens with their oppressive tactics and intolerance for moral and conservative American citizens.

The liberal machine owns 90% of the airwaves. Conservatives have but a sliver of less than 10% to get their message out. Than heavens for underground media. At least we have a way to hear the truth the mainstream media would rather bury--because these messages harm the plutocratic stranglehold that has been choking the life out of all off us for decades.

I should post citations, too... but 90%? "Liberal lie?" I understand you're frustrated; however, combatting reality won't help the issue. There is no "liberal" machine unless you can define how it's liberal, rather than just economic:

http://www.businessi...-america-2012-6

I'm involved in the DNC in indirect ways; it's not a very well oiled "machine." HRC's ground game this election cycle was extremely slow after a tough primary.

There is no political correctness coming out of the DNC; sure, they're in the state levels (like in the district of the University I attend).

#83 naterist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 04 December 2016 - 07:59 PM

View PostMister Blastman, on 25 November 2016 - 07:58 PM, said:

The people in Los Angeles and New York are in no way superior at all to humble folks living in Arkansas, Dakota, Montana, Alabama or anywhere else in the middle united states. The reason Hillary lost is because people forgot that. They forgot that the rest of the country doesn't have to nor want to act the way a few populous cities in America try to force upon everyone else.

remember that after he takes office and let me know how it works out. keep in mind hes inheriting a solid economy, and things are pretty stable all around. tell me if that changes for everyone.

#84 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 11:52 PM

View Postnaterist, on 04 December 2016 - 07:59 PM, said:

remember that after he takes office and let me know how it works out. keep in mind hes inheriting a solid economy, and things are pretty stable all around. tell me if that changes for everyone.

He is inheriting an economy that is in shambles. I can point out countless 10k annual reports and quarterlies from Fortune 500 companies over the last several years, all with declining revenues. Our economy has never recovered. Stop believing the bogus White House press releases and media propaganda.

#85 Yiryi-Sa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 169 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 04:50 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 04 December 2016 - 11:52 PM, said:

I can point out countless 10k annual reports and quarterlies from Fortune 500 companies over the last several years, all with declining revenues. .

No, you can't. The Fortune 500 website has been listing all-time revenues since 2015 (and steady revenues prior to 2015 with a few exceptions).

Source: http://beta.fortune....00landing-zone1

Edited by Yiryi-Sa, 05 December 2016 - 04:51 AM.

#86 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 05:20 PM

View PostYiryi-Sa, on 05 December 2016 - 04:50 AM, said:

No, you can't. The Fortune 500 website has been listing all-time revenues since 2015 (and steady revenues prior to 2015 with a few exceptions).

Source: http://beta.fortune....00landing-zone1

Umm, I'm a professional investor and manage other people's money for a living (my primary career). I have access to tools and resources you can only dream of. Economics is my life.

Nice try. Have a nice day!

Edited by Mister Blastman, 05 December 2016 - 05:20 PM.

#87 Atlai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts
  • Locationfrom the East of the South end of the North

Posted 05 December 2016 - 05:40 PM

View PostMister Blastman, on 05 December 2016 - 05:20 PM, said:

Umm, I'm a professional investor and manage other people's money for a living (my primary career). I have access to tools and resources you can only dream of. Economics is my life.

Nice try. Have a nice day!

Personal anecdotes make very poor evidence.

I don't care to pick a side in this, but just thought I would throw that out there. Especially since the other guy was kind enough to link actual facts.

#88 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 05:48 PM

View PostMason West, on 05 December 2016 - 05:40 PM, said:

Personal anecdotes make very poor evidence.

I don't care to pick a side in this, but just thought I would throw that out there. Especially since the other guy was kind enough to link actual facts.

Not anecdotes--facts. But I have no time to list them all. What I have read is far to voluminous to post. The best way to grasp it is to begin reading... everything.

But in the end, what I say is an opinion. It is my opinion. And I like my opinion, a lot. I worked hard to come to my conclusions. You're welcome to agree, disagree, like or hate it. It is what it is.

With that, I'm off to continue my second job.

Since pictures are worth a thousand words, I'll leave this to savor...

Posted Image

And lastly, this is real danger:

https://ca.news.yaho...8--finance.html

Orwellian 451 stuff right there.

Edited by Mister Blastman, 05 December 2016 - 05:49 PM.

#89 Brew E

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 467 posts
  • LocationUnknown

Posted 05 December 2016 - 07:37 PM

View PostBlack Phoebe, on 14 November 2016 - 02:52 AM, said:

Trump got less votes than Clinton. In most western democracies Clinton would become president, not Trump. A 200 year old system made him president, not the will of "the people". They actually voted against him. You can argue, that the electoral college still serve a purpose, but getting elected by a minority is not exactly winning by a landslide.

You also do not have to be a member of "the left" to call a Trump a racist, fascist or sexist, you just have to listen to his speeches. He did a very good job to make himself a member of those groups.

Well, we live in interesting, post-factual times. Lets see how much of his promises Trump is able to keep and how much damage this will cause all over the world, including the United States. He already removed several points from his to-do list, if i'm not mistaken. So there is maybe some hope that he will just be another mediocre president.

Let me school you a bit about the Electoral vote as opposed to the Pop vote. Our Founding Fathers did not want one or two states deciding for the entire country. So I came across this interesting fact sheet on our countries Electoral College and why the Founding Fathers of our nation set up our voting system to be a representative republic. The below facts state EXCATLY why the founding Fathers wanted each state to have a say in our elections as opposed just to a few Mega City locations. This also refutes all the little crybabies out there that want us to go to a popular vote instead of the Electoral College. Please read I could not have found a better example of this.

There are 3,141 counties in the United States.

Trump won 3,084 of them.
Clinton won 57.

There are 62 counties in New York State.

Trump won 46 of them.
Clinton won 16.

Clinton won the popular vote by approx. 2 million votes.

In the 5 counties that encompass NYC, (Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Richmond & Queens) Clinton received well over 2 million more votes than Trump. (Clinton only won 4 of these counties; Trump won Richmond)

Therefore these 5 counties alone, more than accounted for Clinton winning the popular vote of the entire country.

These 5 counties comprise 319 square miles.
The United States is comprised of 3, 797,000 square miles.

When you have a country that encompasses almost 4 million square miles of territory, it would be ludicrous to even suggest that the vote of those who inhabit a mere 319 square miles should dictate the outcome of a national election.

Large, densely populated Democrat cities (NYC, Chicago, LA, etc) don’t and shouldn’t speak for the rest of our country.

And this is why we have the Electoral College instead of Popular Vote!!

Edited by Darin Brewer, 05 December 2016 - 07:38 PM.

#90 Black Phoebe

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 06:01 AM

That's somewhat cute. I actually understand how the Electoral College works, we learn it in our history classes in school (not in the political classes, which we have as well).

My point was, that the majority of the us americans voted against him. Getting voted by a minority means, that he does not represent "the will of the people" or that he "won by a landslide", because most americans don't want him to be president. He just represents the will of a minority, which is lucky enough to live in a place where their votes count more.

There have been some fundamental changes to the voting system before, like black (men) sufferage and finally woman sufferage, so it is safe to say, that the founding fathers were wrong on a few things. Popular voting, where all voters are equal, works pretty well in a lot of countries with a similar distribution of population, so the electoral college seems to be outdated or at least in need of a workover. Just because something works, does not mean that is isn't a better and fairer way to solve things. But that is my personal opinion and has only remotely to do with the terms "will of the people" and "winnig by a landslide".

Edit: Reading the post i answered to may also help to understand what i was trying to say. Especially the part about racism/sexism and being a leftist or not.

Edited by Black Phoebe, 06 December 2016 - 07:06 AM.

#91 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 07:25 AM

View PostBlack Phoebe, on 06 December 2016 - 06:01 AM, said:

That's somewhat cute. I actually understand how the Electoral College works, we learn it in our history classes in school (not in the political classes, which we have as well).

My point was, that the majority of the us americans voted against him.

No, the majority did not. A small section of our nation, concentrated in a few distinct zip codes voted against him, while the rest of us were sick and tired of being forced against our will to participate in the liberal experiment. And besides, if you subtract all the fake and illegal votes from the total, Hillary lost the overall majority, too.

Both candidates stunk. We lost either way. But Hillary more closely represented the corrupt plutocratic machine that's been draining the life and soul out of Americans for the last three decades and that is what the people voted against. The people are fed up with being fed lies and used by the ultra rich as pawns. Now, Trump is ultra rich himself, but, as we observed by watching the mainstream media, the plutocracy was viciously opposed to allowing him to win. This is the number one reason we see the media conjuring up this scapegoat they call "fake news" now--they can't afford to let the truth get out, and now that it has, they are panicking and trying to cover it up before it is too late.

The populists won in Britain. They won in Italy over the weekend. Germany and France might be next. The grand liberal social experiment is in jeopardy because people are tired of being dictated to through Orwellian tactics. It isn't freedom and diversity when any view that doesn't agree with the "chosen" ideology is suppressed.

#92 Black Phoebe

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:05 AM

He lost the popular vote, so the majority of the population voted against him. Where this people live does not matter (for the popular vote). Unless you say that the people who live in this "small section" have no right to call themselves citizens of the United States of America.

Edit:

View PostMister Blastman, on 06 December 2016 - 07:25 AM, said:

Both candidates stunk. We lost either way.

We agree at least here. The USA have already survived a few bad presidents and Clinton at least would have been predictable. Trump never had a political office, so he is a Wildcard with absolutly no political experience. He will be a mediocre president at best and catastrophic at worst. However, with all the racial unrests in the recent time, even considering a guy like Jeff Sessions for the office of Attorney General seems to be a very bad omen for the future. Not saying in any way, that Pence or Bannon are decent choices for Vice President or Chief Political Strategist, at least not if you want to heal the wounds that this election has caused.

Edited by Black Phoebe, 06 December 2016 - 08:39 AM.

#93 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:51 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 06 December 2016 - 07:25 AM, said:

And besides, if you subtract all the fake and illegal votes from the total, Hillary lost the overall majority, too.

/eyeroll

#94 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:57 AM

View PostHeffay, on 06 December 2016 - 10:51 AM, said:

/eyeroll

Roll your eyes all you want, but it is true. She lost. And now everyone must deal with it.

#95 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:07 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 06 December 2016 - 10:57 AM, said:

Roll your eyes all you want, but it is true. She lost. And now everyone must deal with it.

I'm rolling my eyes at the implication that Trump won the popular vote due to fraudulent votes. Which you either believe there were millions of fraudulent votes, or you're carefully couching your phrasing in "majority" to make it sound like HRC got fewer votes than Trump.

So which is it? Millions of fraudulent votes, or intentionally being misleading by using the term "majority"? Are you dumb or a liar?

#96 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:23 AM

View PostHeffay, on 06 December 2016 - 11:07 AM, said:

I'm rolling my eyes at the implication that Trump won the popular vote due to fraudulent votes. Which you either believe there were millions of fraudulent votes, or you're carefully couching your phrasing in "majority" to make it sound like HRC got fewer votes than Trump.

So which is it? Millions of fraudulent votes, or intentionally being misleading by using the term "majority"? Are you dumb or a liar?

Personal attacks are against the code of conduct.

With that said, depending on your source of news, it has been widely reported that a fairly large portion of the popular vote was padded with illegal votes. What kind of illegal votes? Possibly duplicates, illegal immigrants, dead voters--who knows?

But it has been reported and is free for anyone to read about.

#97 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:31 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 06 December 2016 - 11:23 AM, said:

With that said, depending on your source of news, it has been widely reported that a fairly large portion of the popular vote was padded with illegal votes. What kind of illegal votes? Possibly duplicates, illegal immigrants, dead voters--who knows?

No, it hasn't. The only fraud is the lies of the election being rigged. The vote was solid. Trump won the electoral college, and Hillary won the popular vote by almost 3 million.

But thank you for confirming my thoughts. "Widely reported"... lol...

#98 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:43 AM

View PostHeffay, on 06 December 2016 - 11:31 AM, said:

No, it hasn't. The only fraud is the lies of the election being rigged. The vote was solid. Trump won the electoral college, and Hillary won the popular vote by almost 3 million.

But thank you for confirming my thoughts. "Widely reported"... lol...

What news do you believe? ABC, CNN, NBC, CBS, FOX? Do you trust those outlets?

#99 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:46 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 06 December 2016 - 11:43 AM, said:

What news do you believe? ABC, CNN, NBC, CBS, FOX? Do you trust those outlets?

/eyeroll

#100 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:49 AM

View PostHeffay, on 06 December 2016 - 11:46 AM, said:

/eyeroll

I'm trying to have a constructive conversation here. Do you or do you not trust those outlets?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users