No replies to this topic

#1 naterist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 11 November 2016 - 11:34 PM

Im thinking a component destruction challange might help make events less of an lrm fest, if added too events. In addition, putting an emphasis on trying to destroy components through events will highlight the unique, 8 different heath "bars" per player that new players need to learn to understand to get through that steep learning curve. Idk, i think itll be a good thing for new players who might not quite get the concept to have a reason to learn and practice all the things required to destroy a component; targeting, looking were to shoot, and building mechs that are capable of being effective in game. And it discurages the gattling lrm playstyle that drives everyone nuts (myself included).

I say this because i have a friend who sees his damage go up using lrms, so he only plays lrms, then he got bored and stopped playing. I tried to explain to him that higher damage with lrms doesnt equal effective damage, but he didnt get it, and honostly, it took me a while to learn that concept myself. So hopefully this proposed event challange would help to quicken and highlight the development of that skill, so newbies can get through that learning curve faster. And itll make kmdd events into something not lrm spamfests.

Thoughts, comments, concerns? This idea was just an instant epiphany moment that i just had. I probably missed something.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users