No More Faction Play Events Please

10 replies to this topic

#1 Qasdfghytr

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 11:00 AM

Please stop running faction play events until there is a better system made to get matches formed. I am sure the current system is great for organized units, but when it is a general event for everyone you really need to give some sort of reasonable way to quickly get into matches. having dozens of planet specific queues just makes the process way too long and cumbersome and then there is also the issue with waiting around 10 minutes to not have a match because there is no other team.. does that at least count as a match with the points needed for the event even?

#2 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 13 November 2016 - 11:50 AM

I don't know what to tell you. I see lots of combat all over the map. Are you dropping on populated worlds?

You only need six invasion matches over entire event. Its not hard at all. Scouting populates very quickly since the matches are over in five minutes.

Edited by Spheroid, 13 November 2016 - 11:51 AM.

#3 Insufficient Skill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 12:41 PM

redacted

Edited by Insufficient Skill, 26 February 2017 - 05:59 AM.

#4 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 13 November 2016 - 01:07 PM

@Insufficent: Seeking out brutal fights is what people should be doing. Combat pays, not running around hunting beacons. I am doing fine in my Griffin-2N.

In any case scouting mode barely affects the tactical outcome of invasion post-long tom nerf so you might as well play for personal gain.

#5 GutterBoy5

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 375 posts
  • LocationAdelaide,south australia

Posted 13 November 2016 - 09:43 PM

no...

more faction play events..this weekend was great .keep it up PGI.

more
more FW

Edited by GutterBoy5, 13 November 2016 - 10:38 PM.

#6 Insufficient Skill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 08:12 AM

redacted

Edited by Insufficient Skill, 26 February 2017 - 05:15 AM.

#7 Dreadgorth

• PipPip
  • Major General
  • Major General
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 10:32 AM

Until CW , FW or whatever they want to call this mode is totally redone I for one have no reason to want to play this game mode. NONE! Scouting is pointless and as for Invasion it is the same battle over and over. It does not matter what BS trinkets PGI offers to me I simply refuse to play this non fun game mode any more.

#8 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 14 November 2016 - 12:46 PM

View PostDreadgorth, on 14 November 2016 - 10:32 AM, said:

I for one have no reason to want to play this game mode.

FYI, With this events scouting matches and the upcoming Black Friday sale you can get two mechbays... Even if you don't like scouting it's a pretty good incentive

#9 Dreadgorth

• PipPip
  • Major General
  • Major General
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 02:40 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 14 November 2016 - 12:46 PM, said:

FYI, With this events scouting matches and the upcoming Black Friday sale you can get two mechbays... Even if you don't like scouting it's a pretty good incentive

Nope still not worth my time due to the amount of days needed to get that 300 mc. Also I really do not like CW/FW in its current format. These little attempts of PGI to get more players to play a broken game format are just an forlorn attempt on PGI's part to keep CW/FW alive till they can get around to fixing it in between releasing more broken mech packs.

#10 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 15 November 2016 - 01:44 AM

Since this is the only time when FP queues aren't a barren wasteland why not even more faction play events?
With even more distinguished goals.

Green parrot hunting event f.e. Posted Image
Or a "who let the dogs....errrr....wolfes out" event.Posted Image
Or a kill 50 Ghostbears to get your GB cockpit carpet. Could use some new pilot seating cussions too.Posted Image

Yes, ya big game avatars get your very own wack a surat event too.

Soooooo much possibilitys.
Just produce reasons to play FP at all and ppl will play it in sufficient numbers to let it be viable again.

Edited by The Basilisk, 15 November 2016 - 01:45 AM.

#11 Dex Spero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 198 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 November 2016 - 08:21 AM

I'm an IS pug pilot that started FW in September. Most of you have scraped me off the bottom of your mech's foot after you stomped our 12-pug team (sorry if I left a stain... try baking soda if your usual mech polish doesn't get it out). I honestly don't mind getting stomped. I'm learning and improving steadily because of it. Obviously PGI needs to rework FW and they are working on it so I choose to be patient about the 12 pug vs. organized team problems and am just making the best out of it.

What I don't like is repetition. I get bored easily. I'm always looking for something different. I'd say in my 2 months of FW about 90% of my games are against CJF because there are no other options (the buckets are there, I sometimes queue for them and sit for 20 minutes while watching Youtube vids, but it never really goes anywhere). If I left FW it wouldn't be because of the stomping. It would either be due to an issue I've posted about elsewhere that doesn't need rehashing on this thread, or because I'm just tired of having the same experience again and again and again.

But this past weekend was different for me. I battled all 4 clans! It was great playing against CSJ and CGB and CW! Sometimes they brought organized teams and we got stomped just like when we play CJF, but other times they were pug teams and we were able to win or at least keep things close and interesting. And when I did play against CJF during the event it was sometimes against the same organized players that have been smearing me into the map for the past 2 months (again, I don't mind), but other times we fought CJF pug teams and we actually won a few games.

[There were even times when we beat organized teams that were... ummm... how do I put this delicately... hmmm... "teams that have not yet reached godhood"! Gasp! Let's keep that a secret though Posted Image. If people believed pugs could beat teams chaos would ensue... society would collapse... ]

Having only started 2 months ago I can't even imagine the frustration levels the OP and other game vets feel regarding FW in general, towards wait times, towards scout teams that don't understand the game mode, etc. I agree with anyone above who pointed to flaws in the game modes and I really hope they get fixed soon. But for me it was the single best couple of days I've had in FW and definitely made me want to keep playing. It was the closest thing to the FW game mode I've imagined that I have experienced so far.

Until such a time as the game mode is fixed I hope they keep having FW events or do anything else they can think of to encourage FW play.

Edited: fixed spelling mistake and misnaming a clan cuz I get all 'dem dirty clanners' mixed up :)

Edited by Dex Spero, 15 November 2016 - 08:24 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users