System Meltdown @ G6/g7, Patch 1.4.85 & Hf1

Bug Report Issue

2 replies to this topic

#1 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 13 November 2016 - 03:55 AM

Hello, PGI... I don't know what you've been up to with Forest Colony. But, after Patch 1.4.85 and the HotFix, FrameRates are extremely bad on the "2200 Launch Time" version of the map. If you need some system specs, I'm on a Win7 64-Bit, 8 GB RAM, AMD FX-4300, NVidia GeForce GT 440 system. Major Areas causing FrameRate Problems and System Meltdown are primarily the G6 and G7 sections of the map. This problem affects both the 64-Bit and 32-Bit MWO Clients rather catastrophically. :(

~D. V. "Let me know if you need this formatted a bit..." Devnull

#2 Smokeyjedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 November 2016 - 06:10 AM

I'm almost 100% certain that is more from your CPU + GPU. than the map. there are some spots, I agree that bog down a system, I bet yours folds in half. non GTX nvidia card is all I have to say/ literally no memory bandwidth, no good for gaming.

#3 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 15 November 2016 - 02:34 AM

View PostSmokeyjedi, on 13 November 2016 - 06:10 AM, said:

I'm almost 100% certain that is more from your CPU + GPU. than the map. there are some spots, I agree that bog down a system, I bet yours folds in half. non GTX nvidia card is all I have to say/ literally no memory bandwidth, no good for gaming.

I would bet it is more something to do with the combination of the Lighting at the "2200" Time Of Day, the Map's Geometry, and the fact that there are too many KnockDown Tree Objects in the G6/G7 area. It only gives me issues during the Night Version of that Map. I don't get hit so hard by the Day Version. Heck, worst case? PGI might have successfully corrupted my Shader Cache somehow, forcing me to have to clear that data and rebuild it. Frankly, I hope they can just edit and fix that Map from their end, and include the Patch in an Update. I would really hate to have to suffer severe FrameRate loss from rebuilding the Shader Cache for ALL the Maps. -_-

~D. V. "I don't know what PGI did to the Night Version of Forest Colony, but it's the worst." Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users