Linebacker Question (Did I Miss Something?)

4 replies to this topic

#1 Gwydion Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 344 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 04:12 PM

Hey folks. This may be a silly question, but it honestly caught me off guard a bit.

Did the Linebacker not get 'patched in' correctly..... or is it intended that sections of it have less armor than the 'counterpart' section? (ie, One ST has a max armor of 70, while the other only has 60 as MAX.. or one arm has 30 as Max while the other has 48?)

I went threw the other clan mech's i have, and i cant find a single other mech like this (even the Ebon Jab with all of its variously different Omnipods.). Is this some odd quirk of the Linebacker? that i didnt know about? or is there something wrong with the way this mech patched into live?

Honestly just currious.

#2 process

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 04:18 PM

The posted quirks seem to show such asymmetries.

Posted Image

#3 Gwydion Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 344 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 04:28 PM

Hmmm maybe its because hardly any of the Clan mech's have "Armor bonuses" to them... most are just structure bonuses. The only other clan mech i have that has an 'armor bonus' to it is the Shadow Cat.. and i didnt evne notice the armor difference then.

Guess its just something i havnt noticed till now :)

#4 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 17 November 2016 - 09:07 AM

Yep the in-game mechlab displays armor bonuses (but not structure HP). You'll notice any of those elevated components will still have armor even if you strip all the armor off.

#5 Arianrhod

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 106 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 08:22 PM

The asymmetric armor bonus distribution is probably PGI's attempt at balancing omnipods. With Clan mechs, PGI has historically assigned more beneficial quirks to omnipods lacking in hardpoints. For example, certain Summoner and Adder pods with no hardpoint or limited hardpoints will have structure or armor bonuses not seen on other omnipods of the same component or even on the opposite component, such as the ST or arm (at least before the most recent patch).

tl;dr yes, it's intentional.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users