Connection Error

6 replies to this topic

#1 Frosty Bits

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 37 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 November 2016 - 05:27 AM

I last played earlier in the week and have had zero problems with mwo but today on my day off I just cannot get into a game.

I can log into the game fine and pick and choose my mechs from the mech bay ok but when it comes to getting into a game it breaks ands sends me back to the mech bay.

When I press play it starts to search.. then finds a game and I can choose the map and style of play fine but when its starts to load the game it sends me back to the mech bay with pop up saying connection error..disconnected from game server. Then when I try to relog back into the game it sends me straight back to the mech bay.

If I wait a little to try again with a different mech I have a penalty for leaving the game early and have to wait it out but then the same happens again lol.

Yes ive tried the repair but it finds nothing and the same happens again. I'm from the UK my ISP is btinternet and everything else is working fine as far as I can tell.

Any ideas on how to sort this or is anbody else having issues today ?

thanks

edit : as of 1 hour ago my issue has sorted itself out by itself and I can now log into a game

Edited by Frosty Bits, 18 November 2016 - 10:23 AM.

#2 Error650

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 06:51 AM

I cannot even connect it just says servers updating. Sky broadband, UK also.

#3 riffraff777

• PipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 20 posts
  • LocationOxford, AL, USA

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:32 PM

I'm also having problems since the last patch. I'm constantly getting dropped, from lab, from proving grounds and from games. The problem I'm having with the games is sometimes I can't rejoin because it will not allow me to log back in to the PGI servers until the game has ended. Then I get a penalty. Yet I'm sitting there with 2-way VOIP with my team and a crashed client. That makes no sense to me. =/

#4 Mykl Cobalt

• Pip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 03:02 PM

Hello all, anyone having the following issue at login:

“A network error occurred. Please check your internet connection”

Connection is working fine, connects to MWO website and even other game clients fine...are there any workarounds or fixes for this issue...i see where it has occured before, but do not see where a solution was provided. Is this a configuration issue? ISP? or Server side issue?

Any assistance fixing this would be great...so I can get back to smahing mechs...but more often, BEING smashed out on the battlefield,

v/r
Mykl

#5 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:03 PM

ISP, one of the router management systems (nodes your traffic routes through), etc. If it was server side most players would be affected.

This thread can shed some light on what other players have encountered.

https://mwomercs.com...on/page__st__80

A "workaround" done by some players were to play using VPN, which can reroute the traffic around the issue points. Generally though the player will see a higher ping without the disconnect issues.

#6 Mykl Cobalt

• Pip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 09:56 PM

@ TC

Thanks for the post and thread, much appreciated,

I put a "trouble' ticket in and PGI got back to me pretty quick...i supplied the requested ping and trace route reports and some logs, lets see what they get back to me with...thankfully I'm on the road...so I'll chalk this up to the hotels ISP provider and possible issues there...but all else (all things internet anyway) is working fine. I suppose I'll just have to wait til i return home to get back in the game!

kind regards,
Mykl

#7 Jester87

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 06:58 PM

I cannot log on period. I am met constantly with an error code 61. Does anyone know what an error code 61.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users