8 replies to this topic

#1 Valtica

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 07:12 AM

I'have a question regarding omnipod.

Recently i have decided to give it a try to ride my Dire Wolf that i got from steam sales and i noticed that i cant buy the Hero Dire Wolf Omnipod. Is this mean that the pod locked untill they released it for Cbill?

If the above is true then if by chance i bought mech packs especially omnimech that has not released to Cbill Purchase that also means that i cant modify their omnipods?

Example: i bought a Linebacker Ultimate Pack, Can i freely modify their omnipod like i did now or i need to strip the mech so i can use their omnipod to another variant?

#2 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 25 November 2016 - 07:22 AM

You can only buy omnipods of mechs that are out for CB. Since heroes never come out for CB, the only way to get their pods is to buy them. The one exception is omnimechs (like the LBK now) that are in game but not out for CB. You can buy additional omnipods of the three variants in the base pack (because anyone who has LBKs has those). PGI hasn't figured out how to allow some players to buy something and not others, so it's everybody or nobody.

#3 Valtica

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 07:35 AM

View PostTercieI, on 25 November 2016 - 07:22 AM, said:

You can only buy omnipods of mechs that are out for CB. Since heroes never come out for CB, the only way to get their pods is to buy them. The one exception is omnimechs (like the LBK now) that are in game but not out for CB. You can buy additional omnipods of the three variants in the base pack (because anyone who has LBKs has those). PGI hasn't figured out how to allow some players to buy something and not others, so it's everybody or nobody.

What about the 2 other variant the one from reinforcement pack? Can it be bought too?

#4 Rekkon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 325 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 25 November 2016 - 07:55 AM

Neg, they cannot. Even people who purchased a reinforcement pack have to wait until they are released for C-bills to buy extras.

#5 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 25 November 2016 - 09:07 AM

View PostRekkon, on 25 November 2016 - 07:55 AM, said:

Neg, they cannot. Even people who purchased a reinforcement pack have to wait until they are released for C-bills to buy extras.

Thanks. That's what I was trying to explain with my last sentence, but I was thumb typing and didn't get it clear.

It would be a much better solution if owning a particular CT (such as the LBK-RL) opened up CB purchase of those pods (or with an omnimech hero, just gave you 4-6 sets), but apparently PGI is unable or unwilling to make the code work that way. It's slighlty annoying on the LBK even if you own all six, it's much worse on the HMN, and it's offensive on the VPR where the Medusa arms are simply superior and even owners of the ultimate pack have access to exactly one set.

#6 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 25 November 2016 - 11:51 AM

View PostTercieI, on 25 November 2016 - 09:07 AM, said:

it's offensive on the VPR where the Medusa arms are simply superior and even owners of the ultimate pack have access to exactly one set.

ah yes, I waited months to get my ideal setup, because I was not willing to spend on the reinforcements, but the Medusa's 3 energy arms for 6 ERSL + 4 MG from the C torsos with the reasonable speed and second to non jump capability makes the Viper about as close to the perfect "fun" Mech as I am ever likely to find (replacing the SDR-5K and SDR-5V).

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 25 November 2016 - 11:30 PM.

#7 Valtica

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 08:58 PM

View PostRekkon, on 25 November 2016 - 07:55 AM, said:

Thanks for the answer.

But damn they make it harder to setup the omnimechs by doing so, whats the point buying a omnimechs several months earlier but make it very limited to how we can set up the mechs, but again this issues only affect omnimechs because of their omnipods. Regular mechs wont have this difficulties.

#8 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 25 November 2016 - 11:44 PM

View PostEinstZecksclaw, on 25 November 2016 - 08:58 PM, said:

whats the point buying a omnimechs several months earlier but make it very limited to how we can set up the mechs, but again this issues only affect omnimechs because of their omnipods. Regular mechs wont have this difficulties.

so you can spend more money and help the development of the game.

with the nature of omnimechs if the pods were available no-one would buy the reinforcements if those pods were available unless they had excellent CTs

in the spoilers there is a mini rant/comparison of the value of the older packs compared to the current single Mech packs
Spoiler

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 25 November 2016 - 11:44 PM.

#9 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 04:32 AM

View PostEinstZecksclaw, on 25 November 2016 - 08:58 PM, said:

But damn they make it harder to setup the omnimechs by doing so, whats the point buying a omnimechs several months earlier but make it very limited to how we can set up the mechs, but again this issues only affect omnimechs because of their omnipods. Regular mechs wont have this difficulties.

Just to stress it out in case you missed, the Hero omnipods will never become available for C-Bills. They will eventually become available for MCs, but as the price of Dire Wolf Ultra violet will be 9300, you will need to buy it with real money in any case, either directly via store or indirecly by buying some MCs and coupling it with whatever MCs you've previously got and buying it ingame when it becomes available there. One could buy a cheap light hero mech with free MCs gained from events and such, but not heavy or assult, as they are just too expensive.

As for the omnipods, some may be good, but they won't make any mech superior by themselves, the main value of hero Mechs are the c-bill boost. That is what most people are paying for.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users