Primitive Battlemechs In A 4Th Sw Era Campign

3 replies to this topic

#1 Ronin Six

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 11:31 AM

I am currently Running a AtB Campaign in MekHQ in the 3030-3049 setting, with a twist.

I am running Primitive Battlemechs as my starter units. I have 1light.1medium and 1 heavy lance withe the following.

4 Firebee -1S(firebee 1E retrofit replacing one ton or SRM 2 ammo and a SRM 2 with two medium lasers)
4 Kyudo(primitive cannon variant)
2 ThunderBolt's(Primitve cannon Variant)
2 Bellerophon's

Anyone got tips on how to use primitve battlemechs in battle inside a campaign(excluding selling/scrapping them).

If you guys want to you can take a Primitve battlemech challenge Play throught the third and fourth Succession Wars with only Primitive Battlemechs(2400 era/AoW).

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,785 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 12:03 PM

View PostRonin Six, on 26 November 2016 - 11:31 AM, said:

I am currently Running a AtB Campaign in MekHQ in the 3030-3049 setting, with a twist.

I am running Primitive Battlemechs as my starter units. I have 1light.1medium and 1 heavy lance withe the following.

4 Firebee -1S(firebee 1E retrofit replacing one ton or SRM 2 ammo and a SRM 2 with two medium lasers)
4 Kyudo(primitive cannon variant)
2 ThunderBolt's(Primitve cannon Variant)
2 Bellerophon's

Anyone got tips on how to use primitve battlemechs in battle inside a campaign(excluding selling/scrapping them).

If you guys want to you can take a Primitve battlemech challenge Play throught the third and fourth Succession Wars with only Primitive Battlemechs(2400 era/AoW).

That's not good. Primitive 'Mechs - such as those mentioned above - were phased out centuries ago.

Keep those lances together in a formation during combat. Use your Firebees to protect your T-Bolts and Bellerophons against faster enemy units.

Use hit-and-run tactics with your Kyudos, never try to slug it out.

Depending on your resupply situation, fire often to empty ammo bins of your 'Mechs.

If you can, try to protect that pair of Thunderbolts. They are your best units.

#3 Ronin Six

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 04:25 AM

Thanks Martian I'll Keep this in mind

#4 SnagaDance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 29 November 2016 - 01:49 AM

A bit similar to what I did. I started a friend getting into BattleTech with a campaign where he found himself a lance of old BattleMechs in a forgotten bunker hangar (similar to current spread out fighter hangars on military bases) that survived the nukes way back when Amaris made his coup.

1 Firebee, a Hermes and 1 Toro (which are really 3025 tech but they had gone extinct in the meantime) and a primitive Dervish. There were also loads of crates with goods (weapons, armor, ammo) but when the ancient self destruct was tripped he made the smart decision (seeing he was new to the game) to take that single Standard Engine that was there but for which he needed more hands to carry (compared to the other stuff).
That engine was the replacement scheduled for that Dervish his Primitive Engine. Helping the government against a serious pirate raid got him the replacement job for free (well, he did have to donate the old engine) by the Brigadier mech Company (this all took place on Oliver, at that moment in Free Worlds League space).

So primitive tech was quickly abandoned but he still has the Firebee and Hermes. The Toro was exchanged for a brand new Griffin with Brigadier Company who hope to reverse engineer the Toro for production (spoiler: it gets destroyed in a desperate defense during the 4th Succesion War, don't want to go too far from the regular timeline).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users