Looking For A Group In The Near Future

8 replies to this topic

#1 Will84

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 06:07 PM

Hello to everyone/anyone that reads this Posted Image

So I am going to be in the process of looking for a Davion group to join, I am not new to the MW games i have been playing them since MechWarrior 1 days wayyyy back in the 90's when they used to be bad graphics and "block mechs" lol then i stopped playing after MW3. And I started playing last Dec-March and have some experience playing this.

So a little about myself and why I choose Davion.

As I said I started playing last December, and stopped in march of this year, due to the fact my computer isn't the best for it which is another reason why I am looking for a group in the near future.

I looked at my stats from dec-march and I must say they are not the best 22 kills/159 times died, ya not what people are looking for in someone new but that's on a laptop that would freeze during game play which led up to all the deaths, but if I had a computer that could actually handle the game my kills would be a lot more then my deaths.

I am a Marauder type pilot, and I have a Centurion, and Black Knight in my stable, but I plan on getting at least 1 of each type to mix it up, but mostly into heavy's.

I am planning on buying a new computer by January, and when I start playing again im in western Canada on mountain time, but also I do shift work fire fighting and I do schooling for voice acting also, so my times i can play will be any chance i have time off and for sure up for role play type stuff also with the voice acting background.

So if any Davion groups are looking for someone new in the new year I hope to hear back from you.

#2 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 28 November 2016 - 06:31 PM

HHoD would probably be a good starting point as you look at Davion Units. Before you commit to any, though, I would recommend hopping on the Davion TS hub and getting to know some of the players.

TS: TS50.bargainvoice.com:7345
No Password

#3 Will84

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 07:07 PM

I will for sure, but in no rush at the moment, I still have this laptop im using and had the game taken off since it was choppy to play for me, once I get the new computer then ill buy the headset also. but for the moment just reaching out and meeting new people in the MWO community :)

#4 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 28 November 2016 - 07:11 PM

Then check out the Davion hub for sure... open to all Davrats and lovers of space Arbys... ;)

#5 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 12:15 PM

Just make sure your hair is perfect. Davions cannot abide poor hygiene.

#6 St0neFire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 192 posts
  • LocationWest Coast, US

Posted 30 November 2016 - 04:28 PM

And we drink Pina Coladas at Trader Vic's too :P

Agree with MovingTarget, TS hub is the best place to drop and chat with fellow Davions

#7 Will84

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:07 AM

thanks again MovinTarget, and that space arby's sounds delicious, what do you recommend? lol

as for my hair, It has a mind of it's own and I let it do it's own thing Posted Image

save a few of them Pina Coladas for me after the new year when I get my new computer Posted Image

and I was also wondering if anyone reads this if they use joysticks in the game, does it make it more fun to play or is it better with just the keyboard and mouse?

the joystick system im looking at is the Mad Catz Saitek X52 Flight Control System or the pro edition also. and im also wondering what a good headset would be.

Edited by Will84, 05 December 2016 - 12:42 PM.

#8 St0neFire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 192 posts
  • LocationWest Coast, US

Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:07 PM

Hey Will84,

I use a TM Hotas Warthog but have not found a satisfactory feel for joystick use, the mouse is just more precise so I use the throttle for forward and reverse and analog 4 way for turning L&R .... other functions are assigned to the throttle keys switches etc ... I also have a programmable mouse so some functions on that also but for up/down. left/right torso movement mainly...The x52 would be good if you maybe want to play other flight / space oriented games also ... most headsets are fine just look for one on sale and read the reviews for comfort etc .... get one with at least stereo sound ... i got one that was a Fatality by Creative labs on sale for maybe 10-15 dollars and it works just fine... sometimes when i don't feel like wearing a headset i just use my speakers and a microphone ... that works also ...

good luck!

Edited by St0neFire, 05 December 2016 - 08:11 PM.

#9 Will84

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:31 PM

hey there St0nefire

thanks for the info I will be checking into those, I wont be starting up till new years anyway, need to get a new laptop or tower, the one I have now barely supports MWO, its good for just walking around but as soon as the fight starts my laptop would get choppy and freeze then next thing I know im dead and playing like that for 3 months kinda kills the mood so I stopped playing, plus work gets busy from spring to fall with forest and city fire fighting and just finished courses for voice acting so another reason for a new computer also.

thanks again for the info.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users