Help Me Pick A Hero Mech (From 4 Options)

7 replies to this topic

#1 Tigven

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 01:03 PM

Hello,
with the current Hero mech sale,
I would like to spend my accumulated MC on a Hero mech with good performance.

I would like to buy ONE and only one Hero mech for several reasons*.

Please help me pick one of the following** mechs, by providing a review or a build of the mech:
** - (you can recommend another heavy/assault Hero if you have REALLY good ones tested)

Notes:
Before recommending something like Black Widow, please keep in mind the possible future dakka-mega-nerf (1 damage == 1 heat on PTS)).
I am considering the following hero mechs, because I already have 3 variants of these chassis mastered.
  • KODIAK: KDK-SB - "SPRIT BEAR" 3750 MC
I very much liked the KDK-3 dakka (no surprise here; I hear it used to be even better initially, just wow...).

I really like the versatile KDK-4, now probably the best one after KDK-3 nerfs.
I understand SB is best for brawling, which I dislike to some degree, having played so many brawlers in the past, ALWAYS ( Posted Image ) dropping on Polar Highlands.

• JAGERMECH HERO: JM6-FB "FIREBRAND" 2437 MC
I liked Jagermechs to a degree. The now nerfed -30% UAC jam chance one was really good (triple UAC5).

• ORION HERO: ON1- "PROTECTOR" 2812 MC
I really like the -25% missile cooldown brawler, spams missiles with incredible rates, had some very nice results on it.

• GRIFFIN HERO: GRF-1E - "SPARKY" 2062 MC
The 3M one is very tanky for a medium, makes a really decent brawler. I understand this one makes a nice laserboat, but I would prefer a heavy/assault for more tonnage.

Thank you in advance!

* of which the following one is most important: if I am ever going to be farming C-Bills, I can use only one good Hero mech (the recent Hero rewards suffice as backup Heros, should I be the first to be killed in a match)

Edited by Tigven, 29 November 2016 - 01:08 PM.

#2 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 29 November 2016 - 01:15 PM

Sparky. It's a very solid and flexible (so meta proof) hero. It would be my recommendation to any player who wanted just one hero.

#3 Bloodwitch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 01:27 PM

Sparky for Laservomit/ppc or firebrandt for mixed loadouts.
2 UAC5 + 6ML is a solid config for the FB, can also run 2large+ac5 (highmounted)
I've bought both, did not regret both either.

#4 Tigven

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 10:27 AM

Thanks for the advice! When I have enough MC to purchase another Hero mech, it will likely be Sparky.

However, because was a bit over-saturated on medium "30% Cbills bonus" mechs (just got a 3rd one),
I got the KODIAK: KDK-SB - "SPRIT BEAR" for 3750 MC

I hope this was not a very wrong choice, time will tell.

#5 NameNotAvailable

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 82 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 01:32 PM

For what it's worth, I bought the Spirit Bear on release, it was my favourite mech by far until the recent nerf.

It's still fun, but the mobility nerf has hit it significantly harder than the other kodiaks, because it needs to get in close, and thus twisting is far more important. Plus the single ballistic mount feels the Jam nerf much more than the KDK3 does.

I'll be interested to hear what you think of it from a fresh perspective though

#6 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 01:18 AM

View PostNameNotAvailable, on 30 November 2016 - 01:32 PM, said:

For what it's worth, I bought the Spirit Bear on release, it was my favourite mech by far until the recent nerf.

It's still fun, but the mobility nerf has hit it significantly harder than the other kodiaks, because it needs to get in close, and thus twisting is far more important. Plus the single ballistic mount feels the Jam nerf much more than the KDK3 does.

I'll be interested to hear what you think of it from a fresh perspective though

I had the same experience as I've been running LB20X/SRM. It got hit badly as its ability to spread damage noticeably worsened. Still a lot of firepower at point blank range but....

#7 Beaching Betty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 710 posts
  • Location-

Posted 16 December 2016 - 09:01 AM

FIREBRAND!

Ive been using him since last year or was it last 2 years (I forgot)

I kept on changing my build but now, Im stuck with:

2x PPC
4x ML

Just a normal build but its still is fun poking with the PPC, you can also build him with maybe 4LPL or maybe 4ML and 2LL, you just have to try different build and see which one you like the most..

Regarding the other heroes, Ive never tried them so I have no opinion on how good they can be

#8 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:01 PM

The Jagermech. Yeah broad frontprofile and whatever. But high mounts, decent speed and good options for loadouts regarding ballistics and energy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users