Disable 64 Bit?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 29 November 2016 - 02:45 PM

Anyone know how to force MWO to do 32 bit on a 64 bit system?

The 64 sys client has had issues where mechs disappear at certain ranges for me on diff processors and different NVidia GPUs with SLI or on one card. I have to adjust my system down to the lowest resolution on a three monitor setup, switch to dx9 and run only in 32 bit.

The original patch would allow for the permi selection of 32/64. That is gone now. I have been running like this for awhile but now it getting to me again seeing mechs "blink" with a vector red triangle still over the "ghost" mech. It only does it when the mechs starts to get 400m plus away and goes away with zoom engaged. HELP!!

CC: OutreachHPGSearched MWO/OutreachHPG

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 29 November 2016 - 06:18 PM

https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__5081152

https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__5083378

Have you done a reinstall? Are you using a user.cfg and if so what info is in it?

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 29 November 2016 - 06:20 PM.

#3 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 29 November 2016 - 07:07 PM

Its my triple screen setup that is doing it. Once I disable surround spanning it stops doing it. I had an SLI setup before with two GTX 460 NVidia cards and thought maybe going to the 970 months ago it would be resolved. Evidently MWO doesn't fully support triple screen support beyond the basic settings of dx9, 32bit and minimum resolutions. Which I can't even run 32 bit without it crashing once it launches on the planet in CW. So back to the triple monitors with no spanning and MWO running on primary.

#4 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 06 December 2016 - 03:50 PM

I would like to see the 32 bit choice, for those of us who use older computers.

#5 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:53 PM

It use to be where we could use either version on the launcher but they removed it a long time ago. You can still access the 32 bit version by going to your MWO Main folder in the Bin32 folder.

#6 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 08:23 AM

Hey Wing O.
32 bit is there but evidently causes 64 bit systems to crash when running in Faction Play. It happens right when you load the map for the game. Anyone else got a 64 bit system running the 32 bit client?

The crash reports were sent to PGI way back. I need to setup a fraps for by triple screen setup but just haven't found the time.
I would have to edit it to show the enemy mechs disappearing from mid to long range. What was funny is that the mech would disappear but the red triangle wouldn't.

#7 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 07 December 2016 - 04:33 PM

View PostDeathshade, on 07 December 2016 - 08:23 AM, said:

Hey Wing O.
32 bit is there but evidently causes 64 bit systems to crash when running in Faction Play. It happens right when you load the map for the game. Anyone else got a 64 bit system running the 32 bit client?

The crash reports were sent to PGI way back. I need to setup a fraps for by triple screen setup but just haven't found the time.
I would have to edit it to show the enemy mechs disappearing from mid to long range. What was funny is that the mech would disappear but the red triangle wouldn't.

I'm on 'Win 7, 64-bit' here... I've been running the 32-bit MWO Client, and have less crashes than when I'm trying to actually run the 64-bit MWO Client... I've only got 8 GB of RAM, only about 2.5 GB usable toward MWO at any time, which seems the source of all my crashes with 64-bit... I would have to say everyone's mileage will vary as to which MWO Client works best, but I did find the 32-bit MWO Client seems to work swimmingly with the 64-bit TeamSpeak Client... :huh:

~D. V. "That's my mileage, just for reference..." Devnull

#8 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 06:37 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 07 December 2016 - 04:33 PM, said:

I'm on 'Win 7, 64-bit' here... I've been running the 32-bit MWO Client, and have less crashes than when I'm trying to actually run the 64-bit MWO Client... I've only got 8 GB of RAM, only about 2.5 GB usable toward MWO at any time, which seems the source of all my crashes with 64-bit... I would have to say everyone's mileage will vary as to which MWO Client works best, but I did find the 32-bit MWO Client seems to work swimmingly with the 64-bit TeamSpeak Client... :huh:

~D. V. "That's my mileage, just for reference..." Devnull

I believe it only happens on triple screen systems. How many monitors are you running on your system? Are you using the MWOClient.exe listed below with or without the -nopatch flag?

Standalone
Target: "F:\Games\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Bin32\MWOClient.exe" -nopatch
Start in: "F:\Games\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Bin32"

Steam Version
Target: "F:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\MechWarrior Online\Bin32\MWOClient.exe" -nopatch
Start In: "F:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\MechWarrior Online\Bin32"
Make sure to fully patch the game first.

Edited by Deathshade, 07 December 2016 - 06:38 PM.

#9 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 08 December 2016 - 03:01 PM

View PostDeathshade, on 07 December 2016 - 06:37 PM, said:

<<<snip>>>

I believe it only happens on triple screen systems. How many monitors are you running on your system? Are you using the MWOClient.exe listed below with or without the -nopatch flag?

Two monitors, but I'll admit I'm only running MWO in full screen on the primary. And I'm launching the 32-bit Client with a desktop shortcut that's using the "flowthru" (pretty much equivalent to "-nopatch", it still enables the game to run) parameter. The point, however, is that if you're at a lack of RAM, or have a weird system, the 32-bit Client can bail you out of a lot of crap. :)

~D. V. "Your curiosity, answered." Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users