Good Gaming Mouse W/macro?

23 replies to this topic

#1 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 03:03 PM

anyone see a good one on sale at perhaps newegg? I never had a gaming mouse before,, like one of those fancy 5 button ones that have macros you can set up.. anyone know of a good one for a good price?

#2 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 29 November 2016 - 03:08 PM

The biggest issue is going to be ergonomics, which are totally subjective.
That said, for the money and features I like logitech

#3 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 29 November 2016 - 09:56 PM

Macros are completely unnecessary in this game. Five plus button gaming mouse is a good investment though.

#4 p4r4g0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 29 November 2016 - 10:14 PM

Get something with toggeable dpi on the fly so you can switch when necessary.

If you rage and slam your mouse on the table, get something robust. Otherwise, you will be buying a lot of expensive mice.

#5 Akhri Mala

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 188 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 29 November 2016 - 10:55 PM

I paid $8 for a cheap 4 button gaming mouse with 3 sensitivity settings.

I was surprised at how much return on investment I got - I knew i needed at least 3 buttons, but I didn't expect to like being able to lower sensitivity so much.

#6 G4LV4TR0N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 907 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 12:24 AM

Instead of getting mouse with switchable DPI ask PGI to make sensitivity adjustable with single button.

#7 Michael Knell

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 85 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 02:34 AM

View PostAkhri Mala, on 29 November 2016 - 10:55 PM, said:

I paid $8 for a cheap 4 button gaming mouse with 3 sensitivity settings.

I was surprised at how much return on investment I got - I knew i needed at least 3 buttons, but I didn't expect to like being able to lower sensitivity so much.

Can you write which model and maker is the mouse you bought? Or PM me the details. Thank you in advance.

#8 PocketAces

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 175 posts
  • LocationEverywhere yet nowhere

Posted 30 November 2016 - 02:57 AM

Logitech G300, which I think is great, 9 buttons!

I have 4 weapon groups and some other fancy things on the other buttons, and as I can switch modes, up to 3 I can have pre-configured buttons depending on the mechs I am piloting.

#9 Akhri Mala

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 188 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 30 November 2016 - 03:01 AM

View PostMichael Knell, on 30 November 2016 - 02:34 AM, said:

Can you write which model and maker is the mouse you bought? Or PM me the details. Thank you in advance.

https://www.amazon.c...uct_top?ie=UTF8

It was $8 when I purchased it, but it currently says unavailable.

Its not really 7 button. There are 7 physical buttons, but they are counting the dpi switch and some other nonconfigureable ones also.

#10 Nerokar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 179 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 03:15 AM

Its not cheap, but has MANY Keys. It supports macros and hassuperb ergonomics (for me):

http://tinyurl.com/z3rmhlr -->g700s

EDIT: Links do not work for me ATM :-/

Edited by Nerokar, 30 November 2016 - 03:20 AM.

#11 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 06:28 PM

View PostSpheroid, on 29 November 2016 - 09:56 PM, said:

Macros are completely unnecessary in this game. Five plus button gaming mouse is a good investment though.

well i always hear about people talking about them for a Gauss rifle, and thought if i was going to invest in a new mouse, maybe it should have that option. But maybe a future game would have something i'd like to use it on.. But then again in my 40+ years of gaming i never used a macro outside of one game.. Starwars galaxies, only the greatest sandbox ever made!!! :)

View Postp4r4g0n, on 29 November 2016 - 10:14 PM, said:

Get something with toggeable dpi on the fly so you can switch when necessary.

Thank you, I never even knew that was a thing lol, i will keep that in mind.. sounds highly usefull, especially if we can set it to the level we want. Would make it much easier than going into mouse settings every time i play this game in a light..

View PostBoogie138, on 29 November 2016 - 03:08 PM, said:

The biggest issue is going to be ergonomics, which are totally subjective.
That said, for the money and features I like logitech

Thanks, and yea,.. i know.. I was kinda thinking about something that maybe had a thumb button and one on the right side basically a mouse with buttons on the side where you would typically hold the mouse.. I use a 3 button Logitech.. I've basically used the same mouse for as long as i can recall.. 8+ years at least. I switched from a ball mouse to optical and it was the last mouse i bought. So at least i know they are rock solid.. :)

I do hear that a ball mouse is or was better in the past,.. not sure about now though..

#12 Lucius Dominus

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 07:50 PM

NAOS 7000 by MIONIX. most comfortable mouse ever imo - Good software. (I own multiple of these)

Cougar 700M - well built unlike the previous RAT 7. Decent software. (I just bought this one b/c I loved the RAT7.) a bit small to middle to bigger hands.

#13 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,655 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 30 November 2016 - 08:00 PM

Go to a brick and mortar store, Best Buy, etc to get hands on with some of the mice.

#14 xengk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 30 November 2016 - 08:16 PM

Currently using an Armageddon Alien G9X.
http://www.ocdrift.c...x-gaming-mouse/

7 programmable buttons
Have cpi switch on the fly.
adjustable weights to suit your wrist strength

#15 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 07:04 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 30 November 2016 - 08:00 PM, said:

Go to a brick and mortar store, Best Buy, etc to get hands on with some of the mice.

You know, sometimes it takes someone to state the obvious to realize what a great idea that is! I haven't shopped for a computer part at a store in 15+ years... didn't even know best buy sold that sorta stuff so thanks!!!

#16 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 02 December 2016 - 07:37 PM

I use the LOGITECH G502 , enough buttons for everything

not sure how much you're willing to spend. 5 buttons is enough, but more makes it easier, I have 4-5 weapon groups, and having 11 buttons to choose from makes it easy. still leaves me buttons for TS and another for in-game VOIP, so I can keep conversations separate. and another for Zoom Posted Image
no hand lifting from the keyboard, except for counter ECM, and really still have a button on the mouse for that , if I choose to

ETA: forgot to mention, Newegg lost my mice, so they returned my $, and ended up buying at Best Buy, and they were cheaper there too Posted Image , both had sale at the time for the mouse

Edited by Xaat Xuun, 02 December 2016 - 07:40 PM.

#17 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,593 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 02 December 2016 - 07:59 PM

I recently bought a Zalman ZM-GM4 in an attempt to find an adjustable mouse that fit my huge palm. Don't buy it, the thumb buttons are sluggish. I'll be going back to my Logitech G500; essentially any Logitech gaming mouse should suit your needs. I've used Logitech peripherals for years, and I've never been sorry.

#18 DemonicDonut

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 79 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 02 December 2016 - 09:42 PM

I've had a Logitech G400 for 4 or 5 years. No problems, has adjustable dpi, comfortable (subjective) and has plenty of buttons for me. Currently ~$60 on newegg.com

Also, macros can be fun but are, as Spheroid stated, unnecessary.

#19 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,655 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:53 PM

View PostJC Daxion, on 02 December 2016 - 07:04 PM, said:

You know, sometimes it takes someone to state the obvious to realize what a great idea that is! I haven't shopped for a computer part at a store in 15+ years... didn't even know best buy sold that sorta stuff so thanks!!!

They do, and it sure does not hurt. And if you find one that feels comfortable in your hands with the available buttons, then you can do some research on it and price it around, especially if the mouse is more than $20+ price range.

#20 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 01:16 AM

View PostDemonicDonut, on 02 December 2016 - 09:42 PM, said:

I've had a Logitech G400 for 4 or 5 years. No problems, has adjustable dpi, comfortable (subjective) and has plenty of buttons for me. Currently ~$60 on newegg.com

Also, macros can be fun but are, as Spheroid stated, unnecessary.

Yes, i've had friends recommend that one before actually. But as for the macro, i was just thinking about a gauss, because that darn charge up thing gives me fits.. I can't tell you how often i miss the window on that damn thing,, or it goes to long and i misfire.

View PostTarl Cabot, on 02 December 2016 - 10:53 PM, said:

They do, and it sure does not hurt. And if you find one that feels comfortable in your hands with the available buttons, then you can do some research on it and price it around, especially if the mouse is more than $20+ price range.

yea, i hear ya.. after using the same mouse for around a decade (i think i did buy a second one though or extra or something, or i know, i switched to a wireless that's it, but still it has been a very long time..) i think i should make sure it is something that i feel comfortable with Posted Image

Edited by JC Daxion, 03 December 2016 - 01:18 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users