Network Error Occurred

2 replies to this topic

#1 TELEFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 06:10 PM

I installed a new Z170 motherboard and an i5 6600k into my computer and did a clean Windows 7 install. In order to expedite getting my machine back to where it was, I just copied and pasted all my MWO files, minus the user settings, to a new Piranha Games folder I created. So my install is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online.

This worked fine on my wife's laptop, where I was able to get on there quick Wednesday morning to take advantage of the 'mech bay sale. However, while the patcher and client run, I cannot connect to MWO at all.

I made sure that both 32 and 64-bit clients were excluded from Windows Firewall, and everything is being run as an administrator. I flushed my DNS, have my DNS going to Google, and rebooted my router. Still no dice.

I also ran the MWO repair tool but that didn't fix anything either.

Is it normal to not have an omicron.log generated after a failed login attempt?

Any advice?

Edited by TELEFORCE, 01 December 2016 - 06:11 PM.

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 01 December 2016 - 07:35 PM

Was your OS fully patched? Installed the C++ 2010 64/32 bit programs, directx 9c and dotNet4?

Copy the folder to a new location, ie c:\\games\Mechwarrior Online. Since Vista OS Windows handles programs located in Program Files folders differently by copying them to a "virtual" location. And any updates are generally copied to the virtual folder.

C:\Users\User_name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\ MyApp folder

https://windyweather...a-virtual-store

The omicron.log would be located in the Saved Games\Mechwarrior Online folder, provided the game had created the folder.

To bypass issues with games, especially online games that are constantly being updated, I no longer use the default installation location in the Program Files or Program Files(x86) locations.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 01 December 2016 - 07:36 PM.

#3 TELEFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 02:25 AM

Unfortunately my OS hasn't been fully patched. Windows Update doesn't seem to want to find any updates for some reason. The progress bar just keeps cycling.

I did manage to get the game working, though! I ran the uninstaller and uninstalled the copy from Program Files (x86), and copied my install from my backup hard drive to C:\Games. I ran the installer again, then the repair tool. Then I ran MWO and it connected!

The only thing that's bugging me now is that for some reason, there's a huge lag between hitting the "Log in" button on the splash screen and actually trying to connect. Never had that problem with my old system setup. What could be causing that?

EDIT: Just tried starting the game this morning and it seems to be working as it was before! Maybe this was because MWO didn't have Saved Games\Mechwarrior Online folder available?

Edited by TELEFORCE, 02 December 2016 - 02:27 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users