4 replies to this topic

#1 Kimberm1911

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on Earth......

Posted 01 December 2016 - 10:21 PM

I normally play heavy and assault mechs, but I need to diversify my armament a bit so that I am less of a tonnage hog when playing group play. I was looking into the stormcrow because of its ability to run insane weapon combinations, but I haven't seen them on the battlefield as much as I used to. Are they still worth getting, and if so, how do you play them?

#2 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 553 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 01 December 2016 - 11:20 PM

Aff, they are. Try using them as streak, SRM, or SPL boats and remember to always keep full armor on those big legs. Have fun.

#3 Mad Ox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 358 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 02 December 2016 - 08:40 AM

View PostKimberm1911, on 01 December 2016 - 10:21 PM, said:

..., but I need to diversify my armament a bit so that I am less of a tonnage hog when playing group play. I was looking into the stormcrow....

So stepping down to the heaviest Medium 5 tons under Heavy, well doesn't seem like a huge step LOL Just teasing

But yes Storm Crow is very good. Though wanna save a bit more tonnage and change your game up a bit look into Shadow Cat Jump/MASC enough weapon space to make it fun. Friends have been rolling it and its quite impressive.

Good luck

#4 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 02 December 2016 - 08:43 AM

Still a very solid and flexible mech. Worth getting. I'm currently rediscovering the joys of the chassis leveling my new Lacerator.

Edited by TercieI, 02 December 2016 - 08:44 AM.

#5 Single Mom

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 118 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 08:58 AM

View PostKimberm1911, on 01 December 2016 - 10:21 PM, said:

I normally play heavy and assault mechs, but I need to diversify my armament a bit so that I am less of a tonnage hog when playing group play. I was looking into the stormcrow because of its ability to run insane weapon combinations, but I haven't seen them on the battlefield as much as I used to. Are they still worth getting, and if so, how do you play them?

Ran 6x MPL on the SCR hero and ended up #6 on leaderboard with less than 10 games played, so didn't really take advantage of the hero's unique hard points if there was any. The chassis remains quite strong despite other contenders for the "everything goes clan medium" category. I've had a lot of success with side torso LPL poke builds, and MPL boating. As far as other weapon types, IMO SCR is an inferior medium choice for ballistics, and obviously it cannot poptart. SRM boating is doable, but it loses out to the huntsman due to JJs. Streaks are neat, until you realize you can do far more other weapons.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users