Bushwacker

1 reply to this topic

#1 Sasuga

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 127 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 02:08 PM

The Bushwacker was called the Bushwacker because of its low profile..

"[color=#000000]The [/color]Bushwacker[color=#000000] was originally a failed [/color]BattleMech[color=#000000] designed to have a smaller forward profile to make the 'Mech a harder target to hit." - [/color]http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Bushwacker

(I know I'm siting a Wiki, but I started this post going off of memory from the books.)

Helicopter pilots who fly low to the trees have been called Bushwackers.

Buchwacking is about being low to the ground, in the bushes, instead of the trees.

So, the Bushwacker needs to stay lower to the ground, it should be very low to the ground. In the images (and many minis) I see of it, its standing really high up, but the artwork from the book shows a Mech with a very low profile that looks like almost like its squatting.

Its legs would move in a strange way compared to other mechs, especially if it only has one knee. Like a man doing a duck walk though, it which is a strain on the man's legs (and the Bushwacker would probably have a strain on its legs) walking low is possible. (It has a reverse knee, I know... So, it'd be like a man duck walking backwards).

All the mechs are starting to feel the same for me, I think it would be very neat to do the Bushwacker as a medium mech in size, that looks light mech pilots in the eye when they're standing next to each other.

... If you can't figure out the walking animation to do it right, maybe make it squat when it stop moving? - Personally, I'd love to see the thing literally walking like a duck low to the ground the whole time, but anyway... Thanks for reading!

#2 Robinhood78

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Hauptmann
  • Hauptmann
  • 108 posts
  • LocationWestmont, IL USA

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:44 PM

But what does this have to do with the WC? That's where you put this post....

That aside, I like what you are saying. Bushwacker has been one of my favorite mechs ever since I fell in love with it from the cartoon. I think a squat medium would do ok if the hitboxes were set up right.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users