The Order Of The Black Phoenix An Mwo Challenge / Event

13 replies to this topic

#1 xEdSteelex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:14 PM

THE ORDER OF THE BLACK PHOENIX

Posted Image

NOTICE! Please do not reply to this topic unless you are applying to join the Order of the Black Phoenix. If you are applying to the order, then you must carefully read this entire topic post and then follow the application instructions. Likes are greatly appreciated though.

Navigation Links

Link to The Order of the Black Phoenix News and Discussion

INTRODUCTION AND BRIEF HISTORY OF THE ORDER

During my journeys through the Inner Sphere, I stumbled across a Star League Personal Holographic Archive (PHA) containing the history of the original Order of the Black Phoenix. After reading through the archive, I was so inspired that I took it upon myself to reform the Order of the Black Phoenix as a mercenary unit that will travel the Inner Sphere and fight to honor the Spirit of the original Order of the Black Phoenix. This new Order of the Black Phoenix will always see our contracts out to the end no matter the cost to ourselves, our Mechs, or our unit, while protecting the innocent and avoiding collateral damage whenever possible.

The original Order of the Black Phoenix was founded by Star League Defense Force (SLDF) Captain John Masters (possibly an ancestor of famous Free Worlds League MechWarrior Paul Masters) in the mid-2700s. The Order of the Black Phoenix was inspired by the black phoenix birds of prey from Captain Masters’ home planet (could this be the origin of Clan Totem Animals?) and was organized in a way similar to the knightly orders of ancient Terra which Captain Masters was a scholar of. Captain Masters was an expert Phoenix Hawk pilot who piloted a customized PHX-1B which was dubbed “The Black Phoenix” and all of the knights of the order were required to pilot this Mech variant. The Order mounted a number of heroic military operations against separatist rebels in the periphery, before they disappeared when their jump ship was lost on a long distance rescue and recovery mission in the late-2700s.

THE ORDER OF THE BLACK PHOENIX (REBORN)

Like the black phoenix, the Order rises once again!

CODE OF HONOR

Every member of the Order, from the most raw of recruits to the most experienced Senior Knight is required to adhere to the Code of Honor, so heed this well.

A member of the Order will:
  • Always fight with honor and will show respect to allies and enemies alike (don’t swear, don’t taunt and don’t troll).
  • Always perform to the best of their ability (self-explanatory).
  • Find opportunity in adversity (do not complain about your team, the game mode, or the map. Learn to make the best of any situation and learn from every failure).
  • Always be frugal and survive by their own means (only use C-Bills and MC earned in-game, never spend real money).
RANKS OF THE ORDER
  • Recruit - Recruits have declared their intent to join the Order and pledged to adhere to the Code of Honor. Recruits will complete a series of recruit tasks to prove their worth and will be granted the rank of Knight Aspirant and will be allowed to undertake the Quest to Attain Knighthood.
  • Knight Aspirant - Knight Aspirants will undertake a quest comprised of three tasks and will be granted the rank and privileges of a Knight of the Order upon completion.
  • Knight of the Order - Knight's of the Order are skilled in piloting the Phoenix Hawk BattleMech and are given the honor of going to battle in the revered Phoenix Hawk PHX-1B "Black Phoenix" BattleMech.
  • Hedge Knight - A Hedge Knight is a Knight of the Order who has earned and held the rank of Knight of the Order and remained with the order for three months or more after the departure of the Knight Commander. Hedge Knights are still bound to the Code of Honor and must always keep and maintain their hard-earned Phoenix Hawk PHX-1B "Black Phoenix BattleMech, but are now afforded a great deal of freedom,
  • Coordinator- The Coordinator is a Hedge Knight who maintains the coffers, ranks and roster of the Order of the Black Phoenix. The position of Coordinator will be randomly bestowed by the former Knight Commander and is purely ceremonial. The Coordinator's rank is whichever rank they have currently attained (Knight, Aspirant, Knight of the Order or Hedge Knight).
SO YOU WOULD LIKE TO JOIN THE ORDER?

If you would like to join the Order of the Black Phoenix, you must:
  • Create a new MechWarrior Online account.
  • Reply to this topic from your main account, posting your new Pilot Name and your pledge to follow the Code of Honor (when playing on your Order account), nothing more, and nothing less.
Once you have applied, you must complete the following tasks:
  • Log into your new account and play through the MechWarrior Academy basic training.
  • Remain in the Academy until you have earned ALL of the Academy Basic and Pilot Challenge 1 achievements. The Pilot Challenge in basic training must be repeated until Gold level is earned. To get the Captain Adams achievements, you must go back into the Academy with Explore Academy selected and then you just find Captain Adams’ Atlas and shoot it until he kills you.
  • Once you have all of the Academy Achievements, use the C-Bills that you have earned to purchase a Phoenix Hawk PHX-1 BattleMech. As a recruit, you cannot alter your Mechs in any way (no modifications, no camo, no paint, no decals, no cockpit items, no titles and no modules), but you can use the xp that you earn to unlock the Basic Mech Tree efficiencies.
  • Continue to play through your 25 cadet bonus games piloting only your Phoenix Hawk PH-1.
  • After your final Cadet game take a screenshot of your Mechlab with your CADET BONUS 25 achievement and new Phoenix Hawk PH-1 displayed and post it in a reply to the Order of the Black Phoenix Announcements and Discussion forum topic (not this topic).
Congratulations Recruit! You will now be sent an invitation to the Order of the Black Phoenix unit (BLPH) and given the rank of Knight Aspirant.

THE QUEST TO ATTAIN KNIGHTHOOD

Now that you are a Knight Aspirant, you must complete a quest comprised of multiple tasks that will prove your dedication to the Order and that you are worthy of becoming a Knight of the Order.

Restrictions:
A Knight Aspirant cannot alter their Mechs in any way (no modifications, no camo, no paint, no decals, no cockpit items, no titles and no modules), but you can use the xp that you earn to unlock the Basic Mech Tree efficiencies.

The Quest to Attain Knighthood – First Task

To become a Knight of the Order a Knight Aspirant must become the master of Phoenix Hawk PHX-1B.
  • You will need to use the C-Bills that you have earned during your Cadet matches to buy one Phoenix Hawk PHX-1B BattleMech. If you do not have enough C-Bills to purchase either of these Mechs, play Quick Matches or Scouting Matches with your Phoenix Hawk PHX-1 until you have enough.
  • You will need to use the C-Bills that you have earned during your Cadet matches to buy either one Phoenix Hawk PHX-2 or one Phoenix Hawk PHX-3S. Of you do not have enough C-Bills to purchase either of these Mechs, play Quick Matches or Scouting Matches with your Phoenix Hawk PHX-1 until you have enough.
  • Once you have all three of your Phoenix Hawk BattleMechs, play Quick Matches, or Scouting Matches (solo or in a group) until you have unlocked all of the Mech Tree efficiencies for your Phoenix Hawk PHX-1B (you only need to unlock the Basic and Elite efficiencies on your other two variants).
The Quest to Attain Knighthood – Second Task

To become a Knight of the Order a Knight Aspirant must gather the components and colors to rebuild the Black Phoenix.

While piloting your Phoenix Hawk PHX-1B BattleMech, you earn currency in-game and purchase, BUT NOT EQUIP the following items (selling items from your other variants, or from your inventory is not allowed):
  • 2 Medium Pulse Lasers
  • 1 XL 285 Engine
  • 1 Double Heatsink
  • 1 Phoenix Black Warhorn cockpit item
  • Resistance Black color
  • Camo Grey color
  • Camo Camo Blue color
Once you have collected the aforementioned items, post screenshots of these items in your inventory in The Order of the Black Phoenix Discussion / News forum topic.

The Quest to Attain Knighthood – Final Task

To become a Knight of the Order a Knight Aspirant must contribute to the well being of the Order.

A Knight Aspirant must donate the sum of 3,000,000 C-Bills to The Order of the Black Phoenix (BLPH) unit coffers.

KNIGHT OF THE ORDER

With the quest to attain knighthood completed, the Knight Aspirant has proven, without doubt, their worth and will be given the rank of Knight of the Order of the Black Phoenix which confers the honor of constructing and piloting the revered PHX-1B “Black Phoenix” BattleMech.

The PHX-1B “Black Phoenix”

The PHX-1B “Black Phoenix” was an ancient Star League Phoenix Hawk BattleMech variant which was originally designed for Captain John Masters of the Star League Defense Force and was eventually chosen as the standard BattleMech for all Knights of the Order of the Black Phoenix.

During your quest to attain knighthood, one of your tasks was to gather various lostech components as well as paint colors and the Phoenix Black Warhorn cockpit item. You will now bring these items to the Mech Lab and have your Phoenix Hawk PHX-1B modified to become the Phoenix Hawk PHX-1B “Black Phoenix” variant.

Assemble the Phoenix Hawk PHX-1B “Black Phoenix” as follows:
  • ** The Black Phoenix carries two 1/2 tons of machine gun ammo, but Smurfy's does not show that they are 1/2 tons. **
Apply the paint colors as follows:
  • Primary - Resistance Black
  • Secondary - Camo Grey
  • Tertiary - Camo Camo Blue
Install the Phoenix Black Warhorn in the cockpit of your Phoenix Hawk PHX-1B Black Phoenix BattleMech.

As a Knight of the Order, you will pilot your Black Phoenix through many missions and you will have the honor of taking part in the Trial of the Champion many times during your tenure as a member of the Order of the Black Phoenix. A Knight of the Order can also now display the Knight Errant in-game title, can equip any hanging or standing cockpit items and can equip any modules that the Knight has earned or bought (earned from in-game events, or bought with in-game currency only).

Restrictions:
A Knight of the Order must pilot the Phoenix Hawk PHX-1B “Black Phoenix” exclusively unless a future Order of the Black Phoenix challenge requires a different variant. A Knight of the Order will keep their other Phoenix Hawk variants completely stock (no modifications, no camo, no paint, no decals, no cockpit items, no titles and no modules as defined in earlier in the topic).

Hedge Knight

The Knight Commander has departed for reasons unknown and left the Order without direction, yet you are not willing to abandon all that you have worked for and will continue to adhere to the Code of Honor and defend those who need your aid the most.

A Hedge Knight is a Knight of the Order who has earned and held the rank of Knight of the Order and remained with the Order for three months or more after the departure of the Knight Commander. A Hedge Knight always remains a Knight of the Order of the Black Phoenix and will always maintain their Phoenix Hawk PHX-1B "Black Phoenix" BattleMech, but now is free to purchase and pilot any other BattleMechs that they desire. A Hedge Knight can customize their other BattleMechs however they want, but must always have a Phoenix Black Warhorn in their cockpits, must always include the Resistance Black color in one of the BattleMech's color channels and of course, this must all be purchased with currency earned in-game only.

Restrictions:
  • Must have earned and held the rank of Knight of the Order for three months or longer.
  • Will always remain a member of the BLPH unit.
  • Must always adhere to the Code of Honor.
  • Must always keep the Phoenix Hawk PHX-1B "Black Phoenix" equipped exactly as required for a Knight of the Order.
  • Must always equip a Phoenix Black Warhorn in any owned mech.
  • Must always paint at least one color channel on any owned mech with Resistance Black.
Thank you for your loyalty to the Order and good luck in your future endeavors Hedge Knights.

* If you would like to support PGI because they make it possible for us to create accounts and play completely for free, then please buy stuff on your main account.

Edited by xEdSteelex, 03 January 2017 - 09:58 PM.

#2 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 03 December 2016 - 09:22 PM

Pilot Name: xEdSteelex

I pledge to follow the Code of Honor when playing on my Order of the Black Phoenix account.

#3 Cato Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 843 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 06:13 AM

Pilot Name: Razor Rex Scion of Mechs

I pledge to follow the Code of Honor when playing on my Order of the Black Phoenix account.

#4 3xnihilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 04 December 2016 - 03:09 PM

Pilot name: Sir Sirious

#5 Virlutris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 04 December 2016 - 06:54 PM

Pavlo Xavier Hernandez, in his pursuit of entry to the Order of the Black Phoenix, will pledge to follow its Code of Honor.

#6 Steinar Bergstol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 05 December 2016 - 05:46 PM

Hawker Hurricane pledges to follow the Code of Honor set forth by the Order of the Black Phoenix

#7 OMCBOONE

• PipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:18 AM

Pilot Name: Sir Boone

Edited by OMCBOONE, 06 December 2016 - 11:18 AM.

#8 Fivehole

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 15 posts
  • LocationOverheated in the snow

Posted 06 December 2016 - 01:43 PM

Pilot Name: Anhyzer Fivehole

#9 Mechaholics Anonymous

• PipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 50 posts
  • LocationMechsico, Amechrica, JahMecha, Mechssachusetts, New BrunsMech, Mechxas, Mechtropolis, A..MARIKa

Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:15 PM

Pilot Name: From the Ashes

#10 Capt Stark

Rookie

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 01:34 AM

Pilot Name: Barry Rotter

Edited by Capt Stark, 07 December 2016 - 01:34 AM.

#11 Metal Militia

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 04:24 PM

Pilot Name: D0c h0lliday

Edited by Metal Militia, 08 December 2016 - 04:24 PM.

#12 Fragnot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationUS Eastern

Posted 09 December 2016 - 04:33 PM

Francias Gordon Nottingham

I hereby swear to uphold the Code of Honor set forth by the Order of the Black Phoenix

<o

#13 FullMetalChicken

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:03 PM

Pilot Name: ShadowRooster

I pledge to follow the Code of Honour when playing on my Order of the Black Phoenix account

#14 Waffles 2pt0

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 193 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 12:33 PM

Pilot Name: NightLoom

I pledge to follow the Code of Honour when playing on my Order of the Black Phoenix account.

Edited by Patternweave, 11 December 2016 - 12:34 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users