Grind Xp Trick

30 replies to this topic

#1 Dethsphere

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:33 AM

If faction play van get back up and running, you brink 4 mechs of the same variant. You will gain xp on each mech that drops. So do not be scared to brawl and use a 4 mechs

#2 bluesmith

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:39 AM

PGI: You no longer need to buy three different variants to master the one variant you like! ...However, due to astronomical XP requirements, you pretty much have to buy four of the same variant instead.

#3 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:41 AM

Pretty bad trick, considering the time investment even one FP match takes, and how little XP you get if you're pugging and get on the wrong side of a pre-made.

Then again, maybe the buckets will rectify the problem.

#4 RussianWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:44 AM

did they remove the drop weight restrictions? Or can you take 4 Kodiaks?

#5 OMCBOONE

• PipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 09:11 AM

I am pretty sure Russ said each mech even if same variant will have their own skill points. So probably won't work. Go watch his mechcon footage to confirm.

#6 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 09:14 AM

View PostOMCBOONE, on 06 December 2016 - 09:11 AM, said:

I am pretty sure Russ said each mech even if same variant will have their own skill points. So probably won't work. Go watch his mechcon footage to confirm.

Wonder how that's going to work during the switch over. Will every mech you own (Of a specific variant) get the same XP? Will it automatically split them between the ones you have? What about mechs you have XP on, but don't currently own?

Regardless of how it turns out in the end, this switch has the potential to be really weird.

Edited by Bombast, 06 December 2016 - 09:14 AM.

#7 OMCBOONE

• PipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 09:26 AM

Ya Bombast. It's going to be interesting to say the least. I'm not sure if I'm correct that each variant will have their own skill
Points, but I think he said that. I'm on road so can't watch the footage atm.

For those that are bored with game,this change may give everyone something to do to keep busy. even if it's more grinding.

I'm fairly new so these changes don't bother me that much .

#8 Dethsphere

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 09:38 AM

Per example.. I used to drop with 4 dragon 1N's until he got nerfed... earned 2.5 mil exp on faction pretty quick. 60 ton mech

But, I stoped playing FW for some time and now my other few mech's I like to drop in have betweeen 500K to 1.5 mil exp....The grind for me will be ok but for new people or new mechs will be insane.

My guess is exp per match will go up.

#9 L3mming2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 09:45 AM

i have a few more concerns,
if i dont own a mech anny more but it still has a crap ton of xp on it will i lose all that xp? (i sold a load of my omnis in a mech bay purge as i only needed 1, but they have a load of xp on them ..)

#10 DrxAbstract

• The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 06 December 2016 - 09:46 AM

View PostBombast, on 06 December 2016 - 09:14 AM, said:

Wonder how that's going to work during the switch over. Will every mech you own (Of a specific variant) get the same XP? Will it automatically split them between the ones you have? What about mechs you have XP on, but don't currently own?

Regardless of how it turns out in the end, this switch has the potential to be really weird.

It's pretty interesting... I imagine the XP on dis-owned Mechs will either roll into the Legacy GXP, which is the easiest and likely best solution, or simply be applied to the first Mech of that variant you buy. Can't realistically see it going another way.

Multiples of the same variant though will probably just get a split XP distrubition, which is again the easiest and best solution.

Either way, now is a good time to start leveling Mechs and investing XP in empty trees to boost the size of that Legacy GXP pool when the rollover comes.

#11 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 06 December 2016 - 09:47 AM

My mode mech XP is around... 37,000-ish. So even if I get those XP back, I still have only 1/20 of the XP needed per mech (750,000 needed). Eff that. Should the new skill tree value be set in stone, I'll be only piloting the best ones I have from now on as those already have more XP than the others. Most likely the Gyrs, the Kodiaks, the Timbies etc... Bye bye, mech variety.

#12 L3mming2

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 09:57 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 06 December 2016 - 09:47 AM, said:

My mode mech XP is around... 37,000-ish. So even if I get those XP back, I still have only 1/20 of the XP needed per mech (750,000 needed). Eff that. Should the new skill tree value be set in stone, I'll be only piloting the best ones I have from now on as those already have more XP than the others. Most likely the Gyrs, the Kodiaks, the Timbies etc... Bye bye, mech variety.

i'm screwed, for some reason all my mechs that have obsene amounts of xp are not meta, LCT 1E, BJ 1X, JM6 DD, KGC 000...

my timber only has 100K :(

#13 DrxAbstract

• The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:02 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 06 December 2016 - 09:47 AM, said:

Invested XP and GXP is all going into the Legacy GXP pool that is completely separate from existing, unspent variant XP--I'm pretty sure you'll have enough Legacy GXP to make use of multiple variants, be they the same or different.

Did you have a legitimate gripe... or was that it? Posted Image

#14 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:07 AM

View PostDrxAbstract, on 06 December 2016 - 10:02 AM, said:

Invested XP and GXP is all going into the Legacy GXP pool that is completely separate from existing, unspent variant XP--I'm pretty sure you'll have enough Legacy GXP to make use of multiple variants, be they the same or different.

Did you have a legitimate gripe... or was that it? Posted Image

Of course I have my gripe. All those legacy GXP I will have is going to be enough just for a few meta variants to maximize their potential. Due to the intense grind, I won't even be bothering to re-level up the mechs that I play only occasionally. I might as well sell those and say bye bye to any mech variety I had before. From now on, it is best of the best only, if I want to stay ahead of those pilots who have already saved up millions of XP.

Pretty sure this change will affect mech sales negatively too. New mech not so good? Then why bother buying and playing it for longer duration just to bring it up to par? Might as well keep the wallet closed, and wait for a meta mech reveal.

Edited by El Bandito, 06 December 2016 - 10:13 AM.

#15 DrxAbstract

• The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:13 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 06 December 2016 - 10:07 AM, said:

Of course I have my gripe. All those legacy GXP I will have is going to be enough for a few meta variants for maximizing their potential. Due to the intense grind, I won't even be bothering to re-level up the mechs that I play only occasionally. I might as well sell those and say bye bye to any mech variety I had before. From now on, it is best of the best only, if I want to stay ahead of those pilots who have already saved up millions of XP.

Pretty sure this change will affect mech sales negatively too. New mech not so good? Then why bother playing it for longer duration just to bring it up to par? Might as well wait for a meta mech reveal.

If you play them only occasionally then they are probably not optimal builds - more for fun, right? If you don't care about their level of potential or contribution now, why does it magically become a concern now?

It's going to negatively affect a lot of things. Remember PGI's whole thing about the gap between veteran and new players - What happened to that?

Edited by DrxAbstract, 06 December 2016 - 10:19 AM.

#16 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:18 AM

View PostDrxAbstract, on 06 December 2016 - 10:13 AM, said:

If you play them only occasionally then they are probably not optimal builds - more for fun, right? If you don't care about their level of potential or contribution now, why does it magically become a concern now?

Because right now, even if they are not optimal, they are still elited or mastered, and has all the modules they require for their weapons and sensors. Which means they are already at or close to their maximum contribution, even if they are not meta. After the skill tree change, on top of being non-optimal, they will be far behind mechs that have their skill trees maxed out. It is double suckage for them. Very little incentive for me to pilot a mech that has double suckage, compared to piloting my Clan mechs.

Those Cicadas? Those Wolverines? Might as well sell them.

Edited by El Bandito, 06 December 2016 - 10:22 AM.

#17 L3mming2

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:39 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 06 December 2016 - 10:18 AM, said:

Because right now, even if they are not optimal, they are still elited or mastered, and has all the modules they require for their weapons and sensors. Which means they are already at or close to their maximum contribution, even if they are not meta. After the skill tree change, on top of being non-optimal, they will be far behind mechs that have their skill trees maxed out. It is double suckage for them. Very little incentive for me to pilot a mech that has double suckage, compared to piloting my Clan mechs.

thats a good point.. and add to that that the quirks u got for free before are now locked awai in the skill tree for those mechs..

#18 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:06 AM

It may not be the death of variety, we don't know what the trees will look like exactly. What if the Dragon 1N got it's god-arm AC5 quirks back if you fully leveled it? Embers with MG's back in their glory? Huggins with stupid fast SRM4 quirks and insane DPS? Thunderbolts with amazing PPC's? Stalkers with lurmaggedon 1.0 skills? Variety can be achieved with a good skill tree and rewarding grind.

The potential for each mech to have one OP meta build if you grind hard enough could be quite real. The question is, will you climb that tree or skip it?

Or we could end up with God Tier gauss rifle quirks on the HGN-733P Posted Image

Edited by Big Tin Man, 06 December 2016 - 11:07 AM.

#19 MacClearly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:13 AM

This is horrible advice. Not sure if you are inexperienced/new or what. If you have an absolutely fantasic drop, (which is extremely unlikely to happen on mechs you are working on) you can expect to 1600 to 2400 xp per mech tops. You can get 6 to 10 thousand xp on a mech after a good quick play match.

Then there is the issue of bringing three of the same chasis to faction...what if you are working on the Raven? You going to bring three and an Atlas? That still puts you 45 tons under you drop weight limit. You'll certain be the hit of the team you end up on....

There is more but in short NO. Just no.

#20 DrxAbstract

• The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:26 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 06 December 2016 - 10:18 AM, said:

Sounds like a Mech Balance issue, not a Pilot Tree one. Except you're under the impression said sub-par Mechs being elited with modules under the current system actually matters - it doesn't. Even some Meta Mechs will go the way of the dodo with the loss of their quirks... Who's to say the current sub-optimal builds wont start shining with the new tree though, as it will allow customization to their strengths rather than the current quirk system with its pigeon-holed design resulting in feast-or-famine results based entirely upon the flavor of the month.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users