1 reply to this topic

#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 06 December 2016 - 03:46 PM

Let me say first of all that I love LRM's. Hence by pilot tag. However, I must admit that the tip in having a shorter cooldown for LRM's is counter productive. Please find a halfway point between the older version and those of this last patch.

LRM's function just fine (somewhat). However the current rate of fire makes them run out of ammo way too fast. Yes it is nice to heap on the damage, however if even heavy loaded missile boats are running out of ammo during the first phases of a match there is a problem.

This rapid fire also generates a lot of extra heat. This is manageable if you take care in firing your LRM's. I would recommend a slightly longer cooldown, and like I said, halfway between the two points (current and old stat). I do believe that would be satisfactory.

#2 Ironwithin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 December 2016 - 06:36 PM

So ... what's keeping you from not spamming all your ammo in the first 3 minutes yourself ? Trigger discipline helps save ammo. A little situational awareness goes a long way when ammo consumption is an issue, too.

Are you incapable of bringing anything but a lurmboat ? Try running builds that don't depend entirely on LRMs and your 'mech might still be useful to your team past the 3 minute mark, even without 13 tons of ammo for that lurm80.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users