- - - - -

Aimbots / Cheating Still A Big Problem ?

82 replies to this topic

#1 Wulvgar

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 11:41 AM

Did they take any steps to help curve the out of control aimbots long ago ?

Thanks guys , hope the games improved

#2 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 07 December 2016 - 11:42 AM

Never was, still isn't.

#3 Wulvgar

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 11:47 AM

humm recalled during beta was out of control with lots of youtube videos proving it, Hope your right would love to play

#4 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,574 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 07 December 2016 - 12:18 PM

View PostWulvgar, on 07 December 2016 - 11:41 AM, said:

It was never a significant problem - however, a huge ban happened a while back for various cheats. I'm sure you get some cheaters (you always do,) but the problem is well under control, and PGI is paying attention. The game is fun, and you should definitely come back and give it a try!

As for videos, I haven't seen the ones you're talking about - and they'd be outdated by now any way - but if it's applicable, you should remember that host state rewind is not propagated through spectation. =)

#5 Wulvgar

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 12:41 PM

thank you Void Angel for the details !!!

I get paranoid of hackers destroying a good PC game Posted Image

Going to give it a try again !

Edited by Wulvgar, 07 December 2016 - 12:42 PM.

#6 process

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 12:45 PM

The game inherently isn't very aimbot friendly, due to high HP, non-hitscan weapons, heat, weapon range, etc.. Now wallhacks would be effective, since the game is 50% intel and situational awareness.

#7 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 December 2016 - 01:09 PM

There hasn't been much cheating at all. We had 1 ban hammer that was issued to the public by PGI and it was either 1 or 2 more that happened months after privately. Its been clean for awhile. Like Void Angel said. PGI is watching it. Just take your time and give it a try.

#8 AchingNoodle

• PipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 30 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 07 December 2016 - 01:29 PM

There was only one time that I think I encountered a cheater. It was on Crimson Strait. The potential cheater was way out in the bay near the island. I noticed him and moved behind a shipping container and backed off. Since I was backing away and looking in his direction I was able to watch as his LPL hit me CT through the shipping container.

#9 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 December 2016 - 02:03 PM

View PostAchingNoodle, on 07 December 2016 - 01:29 PM, said:

There was only one time that I think I encountered a cheater. It was on Crimson Strait. The potential cheater was way out in the bay near the island. I noticed him and moved behind a shipping container and backed off. Since I was backing away and looking in his direction I was able to watch as his LPL hit me CT through the shipping container.

That's HSR, not a hack. No hack can change terrain to let weapons fire through.

#10 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 07 December 2016 - 02:22 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 07 December 2016 - 02:03 PM, said:

That's HSR, not a hack. No hack can change terrain to let weapons fire through.

Also those containers used to be really buggy.

#11 Mole

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 07 December 2016 - 02:29 PM

Been playing this game since early 2014. Seen one undeniable aimbot in my entire career. Just one. I killed him in a Kit Fox.

Edited by Mole, 07 December 2016 - 02:31 PM.

#12 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 09:12 AM

View PostVoid Angel, on 07 December 2016 - 12:18 PM, said:

It was never a significant problem - however, a huge ban happened a while back for various cheats. I'm sure you get some cheaters (you always do,) but the problem is well under control, and PGI is paying attention. The game is fun, and you should definitely come back and give it a try!

As for videos, I haven't seen the ones you're talking about - and they'd be outdated by now any way - but if it's applicable, you should remember that host state rewind is not propagated through spectation. =)

It was a big stick in 2014. The first step was to take down the F9 stats as it unintentionally gave info away that the programs could use. Further steps have occurred up to the mass ban hammer showing that PGI wasn't going to cater to that kind of play despite the big spenders among them.

I believe its effectively as settled as can be. Now if PGI could do something about the front loaded damage and favor more DPS oriented play, there wouldn't be any benefit to such cheating.

#13 Prof RJ Gumby

• The People's Hero
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 10:31 AM

For every 1 dude that seems to be too situationally aware to be legit (so a possible wallhack) I see about a 1000 guys being so situationally unaware I wonder if they even look at the minimap and around them while they play

For every 1 dude that seems to be too accurate to be legit (so possible aimhack) I see about 1000 guys shoot so badly....

...in short. I'm sure there are some hackers out there, but but their presence is completely marginal. 99,99% people are legit.

#14 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,574 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 08 December 2016 - 11:11 AM

View PostWulvgar, on 07 December 2016 - 12:41 PM, said:

thank you Void Angel for the details !!!

I get paranoid of hackers destroying a good PC game Posted Image

Going to give it a try again !

Huzzah!

#15 Natred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 716 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 08 December 2016 - 11:55 AM

Glad pgi is monitoring for people using exploit software and such. The main reason I stopped playing counterstrike global offensive was because of this stuff. Hope they can keep this game clean as possible.

I do not mind getting beat by better opposition as long as they are legit. I guage myself by how I perform against better opponents. Please do not hack, if your going to win or lose, do it in a respectable and honorable fashion.

#16 Flak Kannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 581 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 05:19 PM

View PostWulvgar, on 07 December 2016 - 11:41 AM, said:

Based on how good some players are after 3 + years and 15,000 matches, it may at times feel like the OP FOR has cheaters, but its not the case. Just very experienced.

Never seemed like an issue to me.

Enjoi

#17 DoctorDetroit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 483 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 06:07 PM

Less hackers than you would expect for an online game and ALOT less than some people claim. But I think another publicly announced ban wave could boost moral.

#18 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 08 December 2016 - 06:39 PM

View PostAchingNoodle, on 07 December 2016 - 01:29 PM, said:

Often times, if you are observing someone who is cheating (as in, on your team and you are dead and observing them), you can usually see some really obvious signs. It's rare for me to suspect someone of cheating, but when I do I use the in game report feature to flag them to PGI's attention. (Hold Tab and then right click the possible offenders name. A menu drops down and you can report players easily this way now.)

The only time I knew without a doubt someone was cheating and I was observing them, it was very clear what they were doing. Often times if a cheater has a wall hack on, you will see them shooting at targets with obvious terrain in the way. This is because they often times can't see it, as the wall hack removed it. It's normally obvious from the honest "oops, I shot that hill instead" because they tend to continue shooting hills that are blatantly in the way. Aimbot? Sticky Reticule? Often times easy to spot as well. You'll see their reticule snap onto a target, instead of drift onto it (though LAG can give this impression a little sometimes). You'll also often times see them having to pull their cross hairs really far off target, and then snap back on once they get close again. If they are using the two combined... (which is what I saw once) You will then see their cross hairs snap onto a target that they can't see, shoot into the obstruction (possibly even several times) and then you'll see them do it again.

I will comment, though I've seen some people cheating (and reported them for it), it is such a rare thing I wouldn't claim it's actually a huge influence on a match.

AKA: Don't worry about what other people are doing. Just play and have fun. If you really suspect someone of something, just use the in game report system and let PGI handle it. They have the tools to find out if they really are cheating or not.

#19 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 09 December 2016 - 01:31 AM

View PostTesunie, on 08 December 2016 - 06:39 PM, said:

The only time I knew without a doubt someone was cheating and I was observing them, it was very clear what they were doing. Often times if a cheater has a wall hack on, you will see them shooting at targets with obvious terrain in the way. This is because they often times can't see it, as the wall hack removed it. It's normally obvious from the honest "oops, I shot that hill instead" because they tend to continue shooting hills that are blatantly in the way.

Having played on a potato of a laptop I can say that this might also be caused by playing with a crap computer on the lowest settings. Rendering can be awful in these cases with whole hills disappearing at a distance (happened a lot for me on Canyon). That's why I always pay attention to my reticle flashing red or no.

I'd like to add that one of the biggest 'hacks' you can use is by playing on a great gaming computer with a good connection and having a large and good monitor with a good gaming mouse. You may be the same player as before but your performance on the battlefield will massively improve.

#20 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 09 December 2016 - 01:43 AM

Well hating to be the one who says it out this time but...well there are a lot of fishy things out there that could be related to cheating.
Getting punched through backarmor by the Gauss/PPC Kodiak 600m in front of you, firing through walls, torsoes twitching around in split seconds giving you headshots while he is moving at high speed and you are moving with high speed.....
Instakills in undamaged mechs that couldn't be explained by dmg report or what there was to be seen on battlefield....the list goes on, and is much long to allow all and everything to be explained by "gid gud" or "hey this game's netcode and hitreg is still crap learn to live with it."

Edited by The Basilisk, 09 December 2016 - 01:44 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users