How Is There Such A Big Diff In T1 And T2?

104 replies to this topic

#1 Gaden Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 449 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 07 December 2016 - 03:52 PM

Hi All,
Just curious. I just got to T1 from T2 2 days ago. I really got to ask... where did I make the wrong turn and come out in crazy / rage town?

T1 seems to have more salty people and more rage. More infighting, finger blaming, insults, etc. Or did something change between last week and after mechcon?

Also seems like my armor is more paper-like now. I get cored in one shot.... like what the... happened? Also seems to have huge differences in skill level in teammates (me included in potato tier).

Or is it just because of the new lurm meta? Or the holidays? Or the air...???

Edited by Gaden Phoenix, 07 December 2016 - 04:01 PM.

#2 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 07 December 2016 - 03:57 PM

View PostGaden Phoenix, on 07 December 2016 - 03:52 PM, said:

Hi All,
Just curious. I just got to T1 from T2 2 days ago. I really got to ask... where did I make the wrong turn and come out in crazy / rage town?

T1 seems to have more salty people and more rage. More infighting, finger blaming, insults, etc. Or did something change between last week and after mechcon?

Eh **** happens, I get pretty grouchy close to bed time sometimes, and for that I am sorry. Sometimes its hard not to get frustrated though.. like when your team splits up for "caps" and the other team balls up together and just steam rolls your team because their playing the caps, and then people say "I've been playing this game for 2 years, I know how to play conquest" when they clearly do not. Or when you have an ENTIRE lance of assault mechs that all go to cap a point. Its like... hardcore facedesk.

Also willing to bet that some blaming and insults come in when someone is being aggressive and don't get supported by their team.

Actually, I remember seeing you in match recently. Hopefully it wasn't one of THOSE games for me..

#3 Tyler Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Corporal
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 07 December 2016 - 03:59 PM

I find it to be exactly the same...

#4 Gaden Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 449 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 07 December 2016 - 04:04 PM

View PostTyler Valentine, on 07 December 2016 - 03:59 PM, said:

I find it to be exactly the same...

Between A week or 3 ago and now, I am also seeing a lot of new (to me) players. Used to be, was the same people again and again. Now is like a whole new wider world.

Maybe USA holidays???

Edited by Gaden Phoenix, 07 December 2016 - 04:07 PM.

#5 Fobhopper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 344 posts
  • LocationClan Nova Cat agent working for Davion

Posted 07 December 2016 - 04:07 PM

Hi All,

Also seems like my armor is more paper-like now. I get cored in one shot.... like what the... happened? Also seems to have huge differences in skill level in teammates (me includes in potato tier).

Or is it just because of the new lurm meta? Or the holidays? Or the air...???

Lastly how the frack did I get to T1 with my skill levels... I am filthy casual that want to play casually, not hardcore Posted Image

T1 is literally just for tryhards and meta builds. If you like having fun with your mech or running wierd 'non-meta' authorized builds, you are going to be miserable in T1. The same people Complaining about FLPPID are usually the same ones running the gauss+2 ppc+ pulse laser disco boats. Want to use LRMs? get ready for rage from your team. Like running 'underdog' mechs like the wolverine or other sub tier2 mechs? get ready for some rage and probably instant death.

If you aren't playing to alpha strike 40+ damage every time you hump a hill or turn a corner, you dont belong in T1, because thats all you are going to see. If you want to enjoy the game, stick to tier 2 or 3.

#6 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 04:09 PM

View PostFobhopper, on 07 December 2016 - 04:07 PM, said:

T1 is literally just for tryhards and meta builds. If you like having fun with your mech or running wierd 'non-meta' authorized builds, you are going to be miserable in T1. The same people Complaining about FLPPID are usually the same ones running the gauss+2 ppc+ pulse laser disco boats. Want to use LRMs? get ready for rage from your team. Like running 'underdog' mechs like the wolverine or other sub tier2 mechs? get ready for some rage and probably instant death.

If you aren't playing to alpha strike 40+ damage every time you hump a hill or turn a corner, you dont belong in T1, because thats all you are going to see. If you want to enjoy the game, stick to tier 2 or 3.

Ummm, no, not at all. You can run whatever you want in Tier 1, especially in the solo queue. You just have to use your brain and not be a potato.

Edit: Hard for me to take what you have to say at face value, as you have only played 6 matches in the past couple months..

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 07 December 2016 - 04:14 PM.

#7 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 04:11 PM

I found T1 easier once I moved into it and I enjoyed T2 more than T3 because teams were more organized.

Also "new lurm meta" in T1? Its as if me and you aren't playing in the same T1.

#8 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 07 December 2016 - 04:13 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 07 December 2016 - 04:09 PM, said:

Ummm, no, not at all. You can run whatever you want in Tier 1, especially in the solo queue. You just have to use your brain and not be a potato.

But what if I am a potato, and I'm fearing for my life because of the slow, inevitable climb to T1, when I'm already doing terribly in T2? T2 ain't friendly to lore builds, and I have a feeling T1 isn't going to be any friendlier.

#9 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 04:15 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 07 December 2016 - 04:13 PM, said:

But what if I am a potato, and I'm fearing for my life because of the slow, inevitable climb to T1, when I'm already doing terribly in T2? T2 ain't friendly to lore builds, and I have a feeling T1 isn't going to be any friendlier.

What's your favorite mech/build to bring?

#10 Tatula

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 683 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 07 December 2016 - 04:16 PM

If MM is working properly (as in there's enough people playing), T1 will ensure that you do not get T4 and T5 players. T1 also means that people are less tolerant of non-optimized builds because you're expected to kinda know what you're doing.

#11 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 04:17 PM

View PostAloha, on 07 December 2016 - 04:16 PM, said:

If MM is working properly (as in there's enough people playing), T1 will ensure that you do not get T4 and T5 players. T1 also means that people are less tolerant of non-optimized builds because you're expected to kinda know what you're doing.

People in my matches have been saying that they are Tier 4, not sure if trolling though..

#12 Tatula

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 683 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 07 December 2016 - 04:18 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 07 December 2016 - 04:17 PM, said:

People in my matches have been saying that they are Tier 4, not sure if trolling though..

I believe it. Probably during slow times with not enough people on.

#13 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 07 December 2016 - 04:20 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 07 December 2016 - 04:15 PM, said:

What's your favorite mech/build to bring?

I'm lucky in the fact that it coincides with the meta right now. Aka the Adder Prime lore loadout. I have "fun" when I jump into my Mad Dog Prime, Timber Wolf Prime, or any of my Summoners at T2 already. And let us not speak of how terrible I am in any assault mech. People tout the Warhawk as being a great assault, and I can't get it to do a thing with the Prime loadout, despite being a huge PPC fan.

TL;DR: Already stuck using Adder Prime/Linebacker Prime to not suck.

#14 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 04:25 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 07 December 2016 - 04:20 PM, said:

I'm lucky in the fact that it coincides with the meta right now. Aka the Adder Prime lore loadout. I have "fun" when I jump into my Mad Dog Prime, Timber Wolf Prime, or any of my Summoners at T2 already. And let us not speak of how terrible I am in any assault mech. People tout the Warhawk as being a great assault, and I can't get it to do a thing with the Prime loadout, despite being a huge PPC fan.

TL;DR: Already stuck using Adder Prime/Linebacker Prime to not suck.

The Warhawk is okay, I run my Prime "metafied" by removing the LRMs and stacking on MOAR DHS. It's okay, you really just have to be that guy that stands out in the open from 1000m away, listing lazily to the left, slamming people with ER PPC blasts until they actually start shooting back.

Timber Prime is laser vomit plus lurms so it does okay, just not optimized. Mad Dog Prime is way too hot for me... For those lore builds you kind of just have to stay in the shadows of the big scary bears on your own team and be really patient and make smart trades.... kind of like how you do with meta builds, you just win less of your trades is all I suppose.

#15 Fobhopper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 344 posts
  • LocationClan Nova Cat agent working for Davion

Posted 07 December 2016 - 04:27 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 07 December 2016 - 04:09 PM, said:

Edit: Hard for me to take what you have to say at face value, as you have only played 6 matches in the past couple months..

I have been playing this game since beta. And have literally thousands of matches under my belt. I have over a thousand matches played between 3 King Crab variants. When you play a game for years, you take breaks sometimes. Before you call out my recent play logs, take a look at the total games played.

I have played WoW for almost 12 years (I have had to take a few breaks, like a 9 month break when I was deployed to afghanistan), that doesnt preclude my knowledge of the game.

#16 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 07 December 2016 - 04:28 PM

I play my timby prime in a stockish build, changed out the lurm 20s for alurm 15s, made the lasers 4 meds in the arms and packed it full of ammo, been pulling some decent numbers in it with the quirks for the lurms, fires quite quickly.

#17 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 07 December 2016 - 04:35 PM

It's where the Salty PUG Lords reside
I may be one, after too much Starch is accumulated
Potato Land being what it is

You know how PSR works, being the EXP bar. At Tier 1, you'll find the people who have been playing longer, in general.
Salt accumulates.

#18 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 04:36 PM

View PostFobhopper, on 07 December 2016 - 04:27 PM, said:

I have been playing this game since beta. And have literally thousands of matches under my belt. I have over a thousand matches played between 3 King Crab variants. When you play a game for years, you take breaks sometimes. Before you call out my recent play logs, take a look at the total games played.

I have played WoW for almost 12 years (I have had to take a few breaks, like a 9 month break when I was deployed to afghanistan), that doesnt preclude my knowledge of the game.

What does preclude your knowledge of the game is your comments about "meta or gtfo" in Tier 1.

I run all sorts of weird builds that I wouldn't take into a comp drop, and the only times I really struggle is when I am tired and/or impatient. More of a mindset issue, not a build issue. I can cherry pick some examples but...

Posted Image

#19 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 07 December 2016 - 04:57 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 07 December 2016 - 04:13 PM, said:

As long as your WLR is above 1:1 in T2 (which yours is), you deserve to climb to T1. Nothing out of the ordinary.

#20 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 05:02 PM

Hi All,

The vast majority of tier 1 players are great. However, there's about a dozen tier 1 regulars who just wont shut the f*ck up whenever things don't go their way. Identify and block these handful of people and you will be surprised at how much better the atmosphere becomes.

It's real easy. Just right click the name and select block. It blocks both their chat and VOIP.

Edited by Jman5, 07 December 2016 - 05:17 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users