38 replies to this topic

#1 Clownwarlord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 07 December 2016 - 08:27 PM

OK since modules are going bye bye. That means no more Advanced Zoom, Seismic Sensor, Radar Derp, or many others right?

Lrms might make a come back peeps they are finally removing one of the crutches. How some going to snipe with out there box of enlargement? Those Jedi light mechs going to get you one way or another assault mechs.

#2 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 07 December 2016 - 08:29 PM

View PostClownwarlord, on 07 December 2016 - 08:27 PM, said:

OK since modules are going bye bye. That means no more Advanced Zoom, Seismic Sensor, Radar Derp, or many others right?

Lrms might make a come back peeps they are finally removing one of the crutches. How some going to snipe with out there box of enlargement? Those Jedi light mechs going to get you one way or another assault mechs.

Except you can clearly see all of those modules as skills in the skill tree sneak peek we got. They're not dying any time soon. In fact, I expect more of them now just because people can stick them on every mech without having to bother with buying the modules themselves.

#3 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 07 December 2016 - 08:31 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 07 December 2016 - 08:29 PM, said:

Except you can clearly see all of those modules as skills in the skill tree sneak peek we got. They're not dying any time soon. In fact, I expect more of them now just because people can stick them on every mech without having to bother with buying the modules themselves.

You might have to pay C-Bills (and XP) for the Skill Points instead, though (multiple currencies confirmed by Twitter).

PGI isn't going to remove a C-Bill sink from this game unless it gets replaced by another one.

#4 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 07 December 2016 - 08:33 PM

View PostFupDup, on 07 December 2016 - 08:31 PM, said:

You might have to pay C-Bills (and XP) for the Skill Points instead, though (multiple currencies confirmed by Twitter).

PGI isn't going to remove a C-Bill sink from this game unless it gets replaced by another one.

Yeah, but there's a mental difference between skills and modules. I always went "Well, I don't 'need' to buy more Advanced Zoom modules, I have one already I can switch around!", and then never did because I was lazy. With the skill tree though, I'll probably put them on a ton of mechs.

#5 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 07 December 2016 - 08:37 PM

Lurm from the front lines like I do.
Or practice good area and situational awareness.
Especially if you're gonna pilot a assault lurm boat like my beloved Stalker 5M.
Not sure about the pilot tree but "Evil Elmo" has over two million xp to work with.
We will have to wait and see.

#6 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 07 December 2016 - 08:38 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 07 December 2016 - 08:33 PM, said:

Yeah, but there's a mental difference between skills and modules. I always went "Well, I don't 'need' to buy more Advanced Zoom modules, I have one already I can switch around!", and then never did because I was lazy. With the skill tree though, I'll probably put them on a ton of mechs.

I think the question then is whether people will have enough points to get something like advanced zoom in addition to derp and seismic.

#7 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 07 December 2016 - 09:01 PM

View PostHunka Junk, on 07 December 2016 - 08:38 PM, said:

I think the question then is whether people will have enough points to get something like advanced zoom in addition to derp and seismic.

Depends on your mech. If it is a dedicated 800+ meter optimum range sniper, then you don't really need Seismic. You need Advanced Zoom more.

#8 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 07 December 2016 - 09:03 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 07 December 2016 - 09:01 PM, said:

Depends on your mech. If it is a dedicated 800+ meter optimum range sniper, then you don't really need Seismic. You need Advanced Zoom more.

Seismic Wallhack is mandatory on all gundams at all times, no exceptions.

Some benefit more than others, but you ALWAYS benefit from it. Even long-range builds need to know if someone is about to ambush them from behind.

Edited by FupDup, 07 December 2016 - 09:03 PM.

#9 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 07 December 2016 - 09:05 PM

Well then ... so how many people are going to burn some points on what? I am thinking of making a standard for myself.

- Advanced Seismic Sensor
- Advanced Zoom
- Radar Deprivation

and maybe some others for mechs like lights to have shock absorbent thingy (never used it ebfore so I can't remember its name).

#10 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 07 December 2016 - 09:12 PM

View PostClownwarlord, on 07 December 2016 - 09:05 PM, said:

Well then ... so how many people are going to burn some points on what? I am thinking of making a standard for myself.

- Advanced Seismic Sensor
- Advanced Zoom
- Radar Deprivation

and maybe some others for mechs like lights to have shock absorbent thingy (never used it ebfore so I can't remember its name).

That's gonna have to wait until the skill tree actually gets onto the PTS server. Things might change meanwhile.

#11 Dino Might

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 10:18 PM

Locust meta has always been seismic + hill climb.

#12 jjm1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 02:45 AM

I'm really not liking this if its yet another c-bill sink.

Consumables and Artemis add/remove fees are pointless enough. Now fees on finding that optimal build. ...dear god why.

#13 radiv

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 121 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 02:53 AM

c-bill sinks are fine. The problem is when you gonna have to pay with mc to adjust and tweak ur mech

#14 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 08 December 2016 - 03:20 AM

To be honest, I never used many modules.. I could only ever afford a few advanced zooms.. would rather spend the stupendous amounts of cbills on new mechs than modules..

So now, if they are in skill trees, any mech with range over 600m not using LRM's will get an advanced zoom..

Edited by Vellron2005, 08 December 2016 - 03:21 AM.

#15 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 08 December 2016 - 03:23 AM

I hope Radar Derp dies the same gruesome death I have planed for the jesus box.

as with the JB the main issue with Radar Derp are not the fu LRM but the inability to share target data - really great when you try to get your pugs shooting at a single target and while you are calling, you loose the LOS.

Well done PGI well done

#16 L3mming2

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 03:29 AM

View PostDino Might, on 07 December 2016 - 10:18 PM, said:

Locust meta has always been seismic + hill climb.

my lct is radar dep, seismic, and shock absorbance. getting up the hill is never the problem, getting down fast without losing half of your leg armor... thats my problem

#17 jjm1

• Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 04:24 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 08 December 2016 - 03:23 AM, said:

I hope Radar Derp dies the same gruesome death I have planed for the jesus box.

as with the JB the main issue with Radar Derp are not the fu LRM but the inability to share target data - really great when you try to get your pugs shooting at a single target and while you are calling, you loose the LOS.

Well done PGI well done

radar dep should be normal radar behaviour. Otherwise the game will be bogged down even more with skill boats scoring EZ 1k damage.

#18 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 08 December 2016 - 04:26 AM

View Postjjm1, on 08 December 2016 - 04:24 AM, said:

radar dep should be normal radar behaviour. Otherwise the game will be bogged down even more with skill boats scoring EZ 1k damage.

well i rather would have better LRMs - stuff that need some "skill" either by the spotter or by the direct fire LRM Mech.
But in both cases are not so situational depending on the enemy team.

Edited by Karl Streiger, 08 December 2016 - 04:26 AM.

#19 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 08 December 2016 - 04:29 AM

View PostL3mming2, on 08 December 2016 - 03:29 AM, said:

my lct is radar dep, seismic, and shock absorbance. getting up the hill is never the problem, getting down fast without losing half of your leg armor... thats my problem

I was about to try out Shock Absorb on my LoLcust when I read about new skill tree.

With a "refund", I still may try it out.

#20 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,384 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 04:44 AM

I think they could have made a worthwhile skill tree without having to kill modules. I have almost all clan weapon modules unlocked, I wonder how much GXP that is...

If I can't take Seismic and Radar Dep on a mech I'm going to be rather bummed out. Advanced Zoom was only on 4 or 5 of my mechs, don't see myself wasting any skill points to get it with it so far down the tree like I saw in the video...well without context it seems like it is a ways down.

I kind of thought modules were in a good place, 12% more range on my AC5 10% Cool down on it and Seismic + Dep on my MAL was excellent. If I can't replicate that I'll be bummed.

I am seriously betting I'll be more bummed over this skill tree change than happy. Change is good though and we desperately needed a new skill tree.

Also, some of those mechs really needed quirks, taking them away and forcing people to decide on where to spend their skill points seems really harsh to the under performers.

Edited by Xetelian, 08 December 2016 - 04:46 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users