Minimum Effort Mastery Challenge

12 replies to this topic

#1 627

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 11:36 PM

We all have some favorite mechs. Mechs we like most or are good with or maybe just for nostalgia. Mechs we play everyday.

But most of us also have or had mechs they don't really like or that turned out crap... or are just not fun to play. But something in us said that those mechs have too be mastered before they can be shelfed to gather dust forever.

And as the days of the old mastery are counted, let's play this little challenge.

So this is the question, who has the least spare XP after mastering a mech? Who did the bare minimum to master a mech and then never touched it again?

This is about mastery, but I bet there are some spot landings for basic and elite, too. So feel free to post them. Of course, using GXP doesn't count so show at least one point of XP Posted Image

I'll start with my top 3:
Posted Image

I was surprised to find a Griffin as my minimum viable mastered mech because I actually like that mech a lot. But those low XP numbers on the other variants show that I have to pilot them more often I guess Posted Image

Edited by 627, 07 December 2016 - 11:38 PM.

#2 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 11:43 PM

I had a mech that had 0xp left over once mastered. Don't recall which mech it was or if I stopped playing it after. I'll have to check later.

#3 BlueFlames

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • 327 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 12:03 AM

Lowest surplus XP on mastered variants:

3) Catapult J - 3,355 surplus XP
2) Shadow Cat Prime - 1,793 surplus XP
1) Catapult K2 - 21 surplus XP

The Catapults are a fairly recent purchase and are a pretty enjoyable heavy chassis, so I'll certainly be coming back to them in the future. I've especially enjoyed the 2UAC5+2LL bulid for the K2, but right after I finished mastering the variant, PGI announced the UAC nerfs, and that just drained any will I had to continue with that build.

That the Shadow Cat made this list kind of surprises me, because it was one of my favorite chassis in previous MechWarrior games. Those hardpoints, though. I bet the hero comes with 4M/6E.

Just for giggles, the variants with the most surplus XP....

1) Nova D - 147,401 surplus XP
2) Adder Prime - 107,092 surplus XP
3) Griffin 2N - 96,135 surplus XP
4) Hunchback 4P - 89,678 surplus XP

The Nova and Griffin got almost all of that surplus XP in November. I went full-tryhard--meaning only known, effective builds in my preferred weight class--to see where that would put me on the leaderboard relative to a "normal" month. That meant 12ERSL Nova and 4ASRM6 Griffin to the near-exclusion of everything else. The Adder doesn't surprise me at all, despite its reputation, since it's a terrible light but a decent medium. The HBK-4P is the only mech I own two copies of, so it makes sense that it's also in the high five-digits.

#4 NeoCodex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 799 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 12:08 AM

Almost all of my lights.. and I couldn't even master the Wolfhounds yet.. It's just not for me. So glad that they're done with the big mech packs, I don't think I'll ever be preordering a light or medium again.

And Jener IICs, hahaha what a joke of a mech. Again from a pack just because I wanted the Hunchie IIC.

Executioners and Gargls.. God. I tried to make Exe work, I really did. They make a nice paper stand.

Crabs, which I actually think are good mechs but they're just boring.

Actually I don't think I'll ever touch again any mech from the Resistance II pack they're all so terribly bad. 80$ well wasted.

Mist Lynx.. rest in piece. Gone are the days you were the filler in CW drop decks.

Orions.. Hahahahaha.

Others I actually still take out from time to time. And Archers are not mastered yet but I fear the same for them.

#5 Shiroi Tsuki

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,205 posts
  • LocationCosplaying Ruby from Rwby in Aiur, Auckland, GA America, Interior Union, Mar Sara and Remnant

Posted 08 December 2016 - 12:41 AM

12 Jumpjet Spider > ECM Spider

Started on my Centurions a few weeks ago, haven't played much since then

Posted Image

#6 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 08 December 2016 - 02:08 AM

So, what do I win? I gotta win something, right?

Posted Image

#7 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 02:17 AM

Pretty sure I have a goose egg on one of my mastered mechs.

Unfortinately, it appears that after 12 years, my Steam install finally broke, so... gotta go sort that out before I can check...

#8 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 03:22 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 08 December 2016 - 02:08 AM, said:

So, what do I win? I gotta win something, right?

Posted Image

Now that Battlemaster demands its own badge, here you go!
Posted Image

#9 NeoCodex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 799 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 03:54 AM

1S is the missile boat right? Yeah that is a bad one.

#10 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 04:05 AM

For me it's not that i don't like the mechs.. outside of a few that i did not enjoy that much at the time,,..

my issue is i have far to many mechs and i GRINDED nearly all with c-bills.. I did buy 2 12 mech packs, so 24 mechs last fall,, But i have around 50 mechs, of my 100 i own that i bought with C-bills and not gotten too...

My goal is to master every single mech i own before the revamp hits.. Right now, i am working on 12 IS assaults.. Should finally finish the last of um before the patch hits, because i do want to play a little CW.

My top played though are, Misery, Catapult C1 and jester, wolverine 7K, thunderbolt 5SS, Raven 3L, Illya, HBK 4G and 4SP, most of my other mechs hit master and then sit.. because i am always grinding something to master.. :)

#11 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 10:37 AM

I've mastered nearly all of my 160 or so mechs, only the "new" mechs in my bays aren't done (still have untouched ebon jags from the heavy mech sale, don't really know what to do with em).

However, I play most mechs till mastered, then there's always the next one. Only a handful have more than 5k XP after mastery.

Edited by 627, 08 December 2016 - 10:38 AM.

#12 Chuck Jager

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 11:32 AM

2x xp to gxp. 1 hour US min wage $9-10 will buy enough GXP to get the basics done on the crap mechs and then I will buy speed tweak for slow assaults and heavies, maybe another $10.

The equivalent of 2 work hours may save me 20 miserable in game hours, especially if IS lights or assaults.

NOTE: OP mechs with good loadouts usually have over 20-30,000 extra xp.

#13 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 08 December 2016 - 11:37 AM

Easy: Victors. Cuz I cheated and used GXP to master three, and used GXP to elite two of them as well. Did the same for one of the commandos. The commando and at least one of the vics has got a big, fat, zero for excess XP.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users