• The Butcher
  • 627 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 10:29 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...-1490-13dec2016

Soooo....

The loyalty penalty remains

ggclose PGI

Loyalist Career Selection

The Loyalist Career path is essentially the same as before; players still swear Loyalty to a specific House or Clan, but forging an allegiance to a specific Faction is now also tied to which side of the Conflict they are fighting on.
Currently the only practical change as a result of this comes down to adjustments in the Voting systems, already outlined in detail earlier in these notes. For example, a Kuritan Loyalist no longer votes specifically on behalf of Kurita. They are instead voting on behalf of the Inner Sphere as a whole.

Edited by FallingAce, 09 December 2016 - 10:28 PM.

#2 Czarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 414 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 10:44 PM

well dam why don't they just call the entire inner sphere the star league defense force now

#3 BlueFlames

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • 327 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:43 PM

View PostCzarr, on 09 December 2016 - 10:44 PM, said:

well dam why don't they just call the entire inner sphere the star league defense force now

They'd have to advance the timeline to 3058, and that would take effort.

Honestly, though, anything to make CW more worth playing, including making matches easier to kick off, is a welcome change. Layer the lore on top, once the foundational game mechanics are functioning.

#4 Count Zero 74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 733 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:58 PM

Did I miss something?

#5 AnimeFreak40K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 455 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSomewhere between the State of Confusion and the State of Insanity.

Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:04 AM

I know these changes hurt the Lore-Nerds, but the fact of the matter is that they were needed because the overall population stinks.

This is not a dig on the game mode per-se, but the fact of the matter is that the state of MWO as a general thing doesn't support as many factions as there are running around in this game. Just from a logistical perspective, this *needed* to be done.

#6 QueenBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 710 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:38 AM

This patch concentrated on Reducing buckets, changing the flow of battle with the Tug of War mechanic and adding QP maps.

I'm sure Role changes will be something further down the line, but for the time being it'll be a point I intend on bringing up at the next round table with PGI. We are already taking steps to ensure we can provide feedback on 4.1 as well as bring forth new ideas and changes for 4.2

#7 KinLuu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:49 AM

This tiered battle system with the Quickplay gamemodes should have been done when Phase 3 hit.

Now it is a little bit late.

#8 BearFlag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 374 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 01:46 AM

View PostAnimeFreak40K, on 10 December 2016 - 12:04 AM, said:

I know these changes hurt the Lore-Nerds, but the fact of the matter is that they were needed because the overall population stinks.

This is not a dig on the game mode per-se, but the fact of the matter is that the state of MWO as a general thing doesn't support as many factions as there are running around in this game. Just from a logistical perspective, this *needed* to be done.

I have to disagree. As was brought up by the players at the "Round Table", players gravitate to where the action is. They don't queue up on a 0/0 planet usually. The problem was queue visibility, not queue numbers. For example, FRR could not join on Steiner's attack lane. So, consolidating the IS/Clan war may have been necessary. But destroying faction identity by consolidating buckets was not.

The necessity for either belies inherent problems with the Invasion mode which remain unaddressed.

Edited by BearFlag, 10 December 2016 - 01:49 AM.

#9 Keith66AH

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 57 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 02:18 AM

I can understand the need for the consolidated front to make some action take place but it seems like they compleletly removed any one factions ability to fight another. Like if Liao wanted to waste Marik... they would need a massive vote by the entire population just to get the planets they wanted or needed to do so. So basically youre going to end up with a stalemate in planets and bs that once again cw means nothing and benefits noone but the large #groups who will control the votes.

So grats teams with over 300 members on gaining total control over cw. Have fun ghost dropping again.

#10 Count Zero 74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 733 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 02:35 AM

We need a minimum number of Faction Play matches played before you're allowed to post on the FP Forum !!

#11 naterist

• Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 10 December 2016 - 02:39 AM

i think the goal was more to get faction warfare out of the red.

(this next bit is educated guess)
after that theyll either deepen the special war event aspect, or they start to slowly split up factions as population comes back.
they could do some of the original goals for faction warfare while maintaining the new system, but the main goal is currently to have continuous matches happening at a rate thatll make people que up. after that goal is accomplished, there gonna focus on other aspects.

#12 DevlinCognito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 504 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 10 December 2016 - 02:49 AM

View PostCount Zero 74, on 10 December 2016 - 02:35 AM, said:

We need a minimum number of Faction Play matches played before you're allowed to post on the FP Forum !!

But then we'd NEVER see the developers in here.

#13 Musashi Alexander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 213 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:08 AM

I'm not sure this will work well or not, but it's movement. And considering the state of FW, any movement is likely to be positive as it can't get any worse.

#14 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:22 AM

Well the influx will be on the first weekend of a bunch of people dropping then after a week everyone will just go back to Quickplays and leave Faction Warfare. *Meh*

I give russ credit for bailing water out of a sinking ship but at sometime I think you just need to buy a new ship and start over. Faction Warfare I guess not be the end game content everyone wanted but just attack planet 12345 and defend planet 12345 and nothing else.

PGI has so much lost opportunity to make this game great and I guess we will just have to wait till MechWarrior 5 to see what they will do but with this type or track record "4.1" I hope i'm worng.

I'll drop with everyone and I dont have hope that anything will change from 3.0 on faction warfare, I have hope but its fading fast..

#15 Freeman 52

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 154 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:06 AM

I exited FP like most people shortly after Phase 3. But these changes have me excited. QP modes and maps are in, so there is no real reason to play QP instead, where the MM is very hit or miss. Plus they are arranged in a sequential and predictable manner, so no more "who voted domination" rage. Plus faster matches. Plus faction events. Plus no empty factions making it impossible to get matches. Plus - presumably - no ghost drops, or at least fewer ones.

Assuming people actually play FP (and, granted, that may be a big if), I see no reason to play QP instead of FP 4.1.

#16 Jon Gotham

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:32 AM

View PostKeith66AH, on 10 December 2016 - 02:18 AM, said:

I can understand the need for the consolidated front to make some action take place but it seems like they compleletly removed any one factions ability to fight another. Like if Liao wanted to waste Marik... they would need a massive vote by the entire population just to get the planets they wanted or needed to do so. So basically youre going to end up with a stalemate in planets and bs that once again cw means nothing and benefits noone but the large #groups who will control the votes.

So grats teams with over 300 members on gaining total control over cw. Have fun ghost dropping again.

Grats on being the first anti group ranter on this thread. Every thread on this site seems to have at least one.Heaven forbid anybody forming groups and teams having any sway over those who can't be bothered.
The heresy!

#17 Valhallan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 484 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:01 AM

View PostFreeman 52, on 10 December 2016 - 06:06 AM, said:

I exited FP like most people shortly after Phase 3. But these changes have me excited. QP modes and maps are in, so there is no real reason to play QP instead, where the MM is very hit or miss. Plus they are arranged in a sequential and predictable manner, so no more "who voted domination" rage. Plus faster matches. Plus faction events. Plus no empty factions making it impossible to get matches. Plus - presumably - no ghost drops, or at least fewer ones.

The main reason there were ghost drops (aside from non-peak playing of course) is when one side is so guaranteed of victory that the opposition didn't even bother to queue. Barring events wherein people wanted the rewards and thus either grit their teeth through losses/tried to queue on a second faction where they felt they would get better odds, ghost drops weren't an issue of bucket spreading. it is more likely imo for FW to be even more deserted once the pugs that remain realize that they will get loads of those merc jade turkeys most of the time, only IS units and the more thick-skinned/hardcore players will remain, at least until the balance pendulum ever swings back toward IS.

#18 AnTi90d

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,229 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • Locationhttps://voat.co/

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:08 AM

Quickplay with Dropdecks and no matchmaking system has arrived.

Yuck.

Have fun being spawn camped, skittles.

#19 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,658 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:41 AM

View PostAnTi90d, on 10 December 2016 - 07:08 AM, said:

Yuck.

(shudders) Each side would need a Union class dropship @ spawn points. That itself would make things interesting on some maps, like Forest Colony/skirmish. All others each side would need to egress to kill/keep conquest at durable levels while domination....thinking how domination will actual play out with a drop deck... I need another drink

#20 Marquis De Lafayette

• CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 10 December 2016 - 08:17 AM

View PostAnTi90d, on 10 December 2016 - 07:08 AM, said:

Yuck.

Plus, PGI is giving us a 15 min timer for the QP mode imports....so, if you want to make sure farm all 48 skittle-PUG mechs you pretty much have to spawn camp. Seems like Phase 4.1 will take the fequency of spawn camping to a whole new level. Wherever the fight starts on the map it's going to end in someone's drop zone even more often than in phase 3.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users