Rise Of Teh Mlx

21 replies to this topic

#1 Blind Baku

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 286 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 08:17 AM

Not that this little thing needs help with lift, but that quirk pass has me a little excited for some extra love on an exceptional mech. (I might be a part of the cult of the LCT and MLX).

Armor buffs all around
Missile cool down added to the vaunted "Butt Goblin" build
Possible ER Sniper build to replace the PPC sniper (probably would still use the PPC, but that is me personally)

Maybe I just need someone to burst my bubble here, but I'm kind of stoked to take this acrobat back out on the field.

Now if only we could get a hero with some better hardpoints, or no CAP lock.

#2 Brizna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 11 December 2016 - 03:14 PM

Most of the structure quirks are no buffs, only quirks moved from CT to their respective body parts. Nope, MLX doesn't change much, only some of the hard point wise poorest arms are buffed, I suppose it's good news for ERPPC+ECM MLX.

#3 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 11 December 2016 - 05:22 PM

Hey, ANYTHING to help out my little drizzle kitten is good in my book!

I still think the stock Prime load is the most fun (but not exactly effective) followed very closely by PPC/ECM.

#4 Blind Baku

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 286 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 07:23 AM

I know some of them are getting more in armor than they had in structure, so there is that (a handful of the arms go from 12 strut to 20 armor).

Beyond that, yeah, it's a meager buff, but any buff is worth note in the Lynx

#5 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:26 PM

Also. Armor however lower thaan past structure are more worth it I've heard. I got one ML Champion from a FW event long ago (where you also could win a Warhawk C(c)... Might take it out for a spin

#6 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 22 December 2016 - 02:56 AM

The Mist Lynx C post quirks is just awesome now, it's really my new toy =)

With the 20% cooldown on ER lasers, you can snipe decently with an ER LL.

The build :
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f728f8e49db1ee3

One of my best matches :

Posted Image

#7 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 22 December 2016 - 08:47 AM

Nicely done - reminds me of old Spider builds, going to need to get the kittehs out of the stables this weekend - I've just been too enamored with my extra 3 tons of armor on th UM-R60 to drop in anything else.

Edit: whatever happened to getting CAP unlocked?

Edited by stealthraccoon, 22 December 2016 - 08:53 AM.

#8 Blind Baku

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 286 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 09:25 AM

View Poststealthraccoon, on 22 December 2016 - 08:47 AM, said:

Edit: whatever happened to getting CAP unlocked?

I don't mind have the CAP on some builds but I would just about kill to get it out of there on most of them...

#9 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 23 December 2016 - 02:27 AM

View PostBlind Baku, on 22 December 2016 - 09:25 AM, said:

I don't mind have the CAP on some builds but I would just about kill to get it out of there on most of them...

It should help on a lot of build. I use the 4xSPL on my Prime(I) variant, should be better to put another DHS on this loadout !

#10 Brizna

• Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 23 December 2016 - 02:45 AM

The cAP is great in the 4x SPL build. It speeds up target info gathering and removes ECM which is always a plus.

I'd like a head with MASC Posted Image

#11 Blind Baku

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 286 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 07:38 AM

View PostBrizna, on 23 December 2016 - 02:45 AM, said:

The cAP is great in the 4x SPL build. It speeds up target info gathering and removes ECM which is always a plus.

I'd like a head with MASC Posted Image

PGI, this is my Christmas wish! This and a light rescale size reduction across the IS (except the LCT, it is just right)

#12 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 24 December 2016 - 02:57 AM

View PostBlind Baku, on 23 December 2016 - 07:38 AM, said:

PGI, this is my Christmas wish! This and a light rescale size reduction across the IS (except the LCT, it is just right)

I am really wainting on the Lynx hero mech. They have ways to improve a lot of clan variant with this solution. Like the 4xE HP on the Purifier's torsi.

A Lynx with head ECM or MASC should be crazy and improve the value of the chassis.

#13 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 24 December 2016 - 08:41 PM

B Variant

3 SPL's 1 SRM 2 and 1 SRM 4

Thanks Yeonne..... FUN little back stabber.

#14 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 December 2016 - 06:20 PM

3 MPLs on the B is fun too, if a little hot.

#15 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 06 January 2017 - 01:17 PM

Question. What is the "Butt Goblin" build? My Pangur Ban can munch backsides like nobody's business, but I do wish to know.

#16 Yumoshiri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 190 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:21 AM

i kinda enjoy the MLX prime with 2x srm4 (30%cd reduction) and 2x machine gun (20% ROF) mainly for its quirks on full set. running without ecm makes me a little nervous though, but if you play careful enough it's fairly doable. MLX-A(i think) i run with 2 MPL and 2 machineguns also for the quirks, but personally i hate laser hardpoint on the ballistic arm...

the combination of laser and machine gun does work a little better at short range as both require you to hold your target for longer times (longer face time), whereas with srm, you can pop, shoot, and disappear having minimized face time, but also minimized opportunity for the machineguns. for me that is still not so much of a problem as i personally see them not as a single weapon combination, but both as tools for different situations.

i've also tried some srm6 with the cd reduction, however, the srm6 are much more spreadout than the srm4 (not fun when you want to combine mg's with srm on a single component).. since artemis is too heavy, you just have to deal with srm4 imo, or with 2 ton of ammo.. srm6 do tend to be a little cooler which is nice if you're not mastered yet, and i guess if you are a short lived rambo lynx, this might still be the way to go (highest burst/DPS at cost of sustainability).

i find running with a sniping weapon not as much fun, thinking a cheetah could do many things better with its faster speed, would you argue the quirks and mobility bring the mlx to a next level sniperwise?

#17 Masochistic Trashcan Virtuoso

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 60 posts
  • LocationMetropolis, Urbia, Cityplanet.

Posted 12 April 2017 - 02:04 PM

seen some with ECM+ER PPC MLX, its a mean fussermucker.

#18 dillsOn

• PipPipPip
  • Trinary Nova Captain
  • Trinary Nova Captain
  • 60 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:15 PM

I like what's been typed here. Soon there will be another Mist Lynx variant added to the game. This new variant, IIRC will have an energy hard point in the torso (CHA CHING!) I've played the Mist Lynx for years now (I purchased it as part of the fenri pack, invasion 2 mechs, I think).

The addition of a laser hard point is going to be a boon to this mech. I agree with most of the builds here but have generally settled ona my own meta ML's.

First build: My backstabber/anti-light mech
2SRM 4, 3Slas. Heat management is a dream, the 2 SRMS pack a whallop with enough ammo to last through a few mechs. The 3 slas will carry you through though

2nd: The spotter/scout stealth build
Very simple, ER PPC and ECM. Not much to be said about this build, lets you sneak up on people, the important thing to note would be using a PPC instead of Large Pulse (Each 6 ton weapns) means it's less likely you will reveal your location when firing on the enemy.

3rd: Large Laser, ECM and tertiary selection ...
This was in response to my clan asking us to discard PPCs for FW matches. Large Laser, ECM and one of the following: SRM2, 2Machine Guns or an add'l heat sink. ... Of my three mist lynxes in service this variant is my least favorite. The Large Laser REALLY lets people know where you are when you fire on them. The tertiary selections is nice but doesn't really do much for the matches, it feels like.

I'm excited for the new mist lynx variant and hope it will open up some options for the builds At least maybe having a L-Laser in a torso instead of the arm, I can't tell you how many times I've forgotton to twist off those shots and prevent that 1 arm from getting melted off. MAybe i'll smurfy my builds but I think the mist lynx is quite easy to build. The 3rd variant i listed possibly has 1/2 ton of armor shaved in order to make room for SRM2 and 1.5 tons ammo.

#19 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:16 AM

one of my favorites even before al lthe changes was ECM + Dual ERLLs

#20 Ghost0r

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 33 posts