What's Music Like In The 31St Century?

12 replies to this topic

#1 Brenden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 10 December 2016 - 11:13 AM

This might be a dumb question, but what do you think the music is like in the year 3050? Do they have their future versions of Lady Gaga flooding the airwaves or their version of Chris Brown in the media? Is underground music still a thing or has it succumb to Capitalism and sold out?

Is Country gone?

I must know.

#2 Sadaaki Akamatsu

• Pip
  • Gunjin
  • Gunjin
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 06:14 AM

This tune is a big hit in my mech's cockpit and what the kids are listening to around Sun Zhang MechWarrior Academy.

#3 Mr D One

• Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 11 December 2016 - 06:19 AM

Well if Star Trek 3 can have Beastie Boys then I do not see a reason MWO can not have them either.

Posted Image

#4 Sadaaki Akamatsu

• Pip
  • Gunjin
  • Gunjin
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 06:42 AM

Although, if my character was a Merc, she would definitely be into this.

#5 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 07:50 PM

Classical music of course

#6 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 02 January 2017 - 08:45 AM

According to my BattleTech campaign, the nr. 1 hit in 3026 is Pat BattleStar with Love is a Battlemech.

#7 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 02 January 2017 - 09:28 AM

bone clubs and bongos because all intrumental factories were bombed to crap and now it's all lostech.

unless someone finds a hidden cache with an mp3player

Edited by Lily from animove, 02 January 2017 - 09:29 AM.

#8 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:27 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 02 January 2017 - 09:28 AM, said:

bone clubs and bongos because all intrumental factories were bombed to crap and now it's all lostech.

unless someone finds a hidden cache with an mp3player

Datapads are more or less military grade tablets, only reason BT seems so primitive is because the bulk of the technology was based off real world tech of the 80's so if anything, it would be 8 tracks (granted, that's not for from bones clubs and bongos to millennials)

#9 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:40 AM

View PostSteel Raven, on 03 January 2017 - 10:27 AM, said:

Datapads are more or less military grade tablets, only reason BT seems so primitive is because the bulk of the technology was based off real world tech of the 80's so if anything, it would be 8 tracks (granted, that's not for from bones clubs and bongos to millennials)

Makes me wish someone would (wo)man up, and re-boot the whole setting...

#10 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 12:39 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 03 January 2017 - 10:40 AM, said:

Makes me wish someone would (wo)man up, and re-boot the whole setting...

I'm more than a little sick of reboots (Total Recall, RoboCop, Red Dawn, Ghost Busters, just stop) Good writers have done a good job keeping BT up to date in the source books and BTU Datapads was written up in the 80's so that was very forward thinking. My joke was at the expense of a couple of older novels that mention maybe a couple of dated items like a floppy disk and the few BT fans who can't let go of the 80's. Besides, one of the cockpit items in MWO is a tape deck ;)

#11 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:28 AM

View PostSteel Raven, on 04 January 2017 - 12:39 AM, said:

I'm more than a little sick of reboots (Total Recall, RoboCop, Red Dawn, Ghost Busters, just stop) Good writers have done a good job keeping BT up to date in the source books and BTU Datapads was written up in the 80's so that was very forward thinking. My joke was at the expense of a couple of older novels that mention maybe a couple of dated items like a floppy disk and the few BT fans who can't let go of the 80's. Besides, one of the cockpit items in MWO is a tape deck Posted Image

Oh I know, but a well done reboot can breath new life into something... especially from an RPG perspective... I get a good kick looking through some of my older RIFTS or Robotech RPG books and look at some of the luxury items in there, and think how dated they are...

#12 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:22 PM

Considering the game is always moving forward, rebooting because of a few of the oldest stories in Battletech would be a wash. All we need is more novels so we won't constantly going back to the older stuff and we have more novels on the way. Nothing will cure 80's fans who ignore most updates anyway, it's all about nostalgia for them.

#13 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:45 AM

Right, I totally understand (and like) how they upped the tech in Shadowrun in terms of hacking and decking to incorporate things like wireless access, it's supposed to reflect the near future after all.

For BattleTech this isn't really needed, except for the mentioned few old books they are very careful nowadays at making direct references to how tech looks/works.

Data is projected onto 'screens' or 'viewscreens' or the aforementioned 'datapads'. No reference if these are bulky old style monitors, or ultra thin high definition screens. Some goes for things like 'communicators'. Are we talking walkie-talkies here, mobiles, or just in-ear radios? They're not saying, it's up to the reader to fill that one in.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users