#1 GargoyleKDR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 404 posts
  • LocationBlaine, WA

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:40 PM

NOTICE: This is a LONG post.
House Davion MechWarriors, Please Read All of it.

The strong voice of Cardinal Maraschal carried throughout the vaulted tribune and ambulatories of Avalon City’s Notre Dame Cathedral as he concluded his invocation. A quiet shrouded the assemblage of over 1,500 people as they bowed their heads in a moment of silent prayer.

Cardinal Maraschal broke the silence with his clear baritone voice, “It is my pleasure to introduce the Duke of New Avalon and First Prince of the Federated Suns, Hanse Davion.”

Field Marshal Sir Gargoyle *KDR*, former Marshal of the Armies and current acting Knight Grand Marshal, looked up from his seat amongst the AFFS High Command on the cathedral dais as First Prince Hanse Davion took his place at the podium.

The First Prince nodded his thanks to Cardinal Maraschal. "Thank you for that invocation, Cardinal." He faced the packed crowd in the cathedral, then adjusted the podium light to shine more directly on the text of his speech. Taking a slow deep breath, he began.

“The choices we make in our lives are often hard. War is the hardest choice any nation, any person can make. Our brothers, sisters, sons and daughters choose to fight for the right of liberty for our nation, our people, our way of life. They choose to fight not for the earth beneath our feet, but for the freedom of language, religion, laws, government, blood - the identity of these makes men and women of one country. The choice of freedom is what we fight for.”

“We gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face. We are able to say to ourselves, “I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.” We find we can rise above the things that we must do. We find that each one of us can rise to do the things we thought we could not do.”

Hanse continued, "Despite the burdens borne by those on the front or at home, we can take comfort in one thing. At all times we know who we are and what we are part of. We are not ashamed of letting this pride show through because it reinforces our confidence and pride reflected back from the others around us is the ultimate reward and sustains us even in the darkest times."

Hanse shifted the top sheet of his text to the bottom of the pile. "This is not true of a very special breed of individuals. Their character is something each one has built for himself, out of the laws of God and nature, the examples of others, and – most of all – out of the trials and errors of daily life. Their character is the total of thousands of small daily strivings to live up to the best that is in us. Within their character is the ability make the final decision to reject whatever is demeaning or harmful to oneself or to others and with confidence and honesty to choose the right.

Hanse looked up at his audience. "This evening, we are gathered here to honor several individuals whose singular and collective contributions to the Federated Suns, House Davion, and the AFFS defy quantification, and cannot be overstated.”

Hanse looked up from the text of his speech, “The first individual that I would like to honor here tonight is long overdue praise and thanks for invaluable services he has performed for the betterment of the Federated Suns."

"When I needed a commander that could manage to field his troops in the harshest conditions, utilizing all resources available to him to sustain his position, I could think of no better choice than this officer. Not only did he manage to keep his troops supported, but he continuously managed to exhibit courage, integrity and dedication above and beyond the call of duty."

Hanse looked out at the assembled officers on the dais asked "will Leftenant Colonel Axerion please come forward."

Axerion adjusted his dress uniform and moved to join the Prince beside the podium on the dais of Avalon City’s Notre Dame Cathedral.

The Prince moved over to the officer and accepted a box from an aide. He opened it and withdrew a black metal disk with a silver encrusted inlay arrayed like the sunburst of the Federated Suns.

The First Prince pinned the medal to the right side of Axerion’s jacket, opposite the Sunburst Vest of his dress uniform. "In recognition of your efforts, I award you the Silver Sunburst Medal for exceptional service and devotion to the Federated Suns." Hanse offered the officer his hand, shaking it warmly. After shaking hands with the First Prince, Axerion withdrew to stand behind and to the left of the First Prince, next to where the High Command of the AFFS sat.

Returning to the podium, the First Prince shifted the top sheet of his text to the bottom of the pile. He then looked at and invited the next three recipients to the front of the dais.

When Captain Jugger Grimrod, Captain Dat Moe Foe, and Leftenant Hunter Kilgore, dressed in the dark blue and gold dress uniform of the Federated Suns, reached him, the First Prince smiled broadly. "All too rare in the services, but in excellent company here tonight, are these three warriors who does not ask, "Why?" when given an order. These men have never begged off an assignment. They repeatedly just went out and did what had to be done. They have continually demonstrated, above and beyond the call of duty, the qualities of a true leader.”

The Prince moved over to the officers and accepted one of the three boxes held by an aide. Hanse opened it and withdrew a black metal disk with a gold encrusted inlay arrayed like the sunburst of the Federated Suns.

The Prince faced the officers and announced "in recognition of your efforts, I award you the Golden Sunburst Medal for exceptional service and devotion to the Federated Suns."

Each of the officers waited for the Prince to pin the medal on the breast of his uniform, then shook the Prince’s hand. After the decoration, they retreated together to join the others standing along one side of the dais to listen to the Prince as he resumed his speech.

Again returning to face the packed crowd of the cathedral, Hanse took a small sip of water from a glass before continuing. “Of those gathered here tonight, the next individual that I wish to honor has given much to the betterment of the Federated Suns. At some future date when the high court of history sits in judgment on each one of us – recording whether in our brief span of service we fulfilled our responsibilities to the state – our success or failure, in whatever office we may hold, this man will be measured as a man of courage, integrity and dedication. MischiefSC, please come forward.”

From near to where Field Marshal Sir Gargoyle *KDR* was seated on the dais, MischiefSC adjusted his dress uniform, then walked to the front of the cathedral’s altar.

The Prince opened a box on the podium and drew from it a black metal disk encrusted with a diamond inlay arrayed like the sunburst of the Federated Suns.

The Prince pinned the medal to the right side of MischiefSC’s jacket, opposite the Sunburst Vest of his dress uniform. "In recognition of your efforts, I award you the Diamond Sunburst Medal for your service and devotion to the Federated Suns." Hanse offered MischiefSC his hand, and the two men shook hands warmly. Smiling, MischiefSC withdrew to stand once again with his fellow officers at the rear of the dais.

Once again the First Prince turned to face the crowded cathedral. “The final individual that I would like to honor here tonight is an officer that has continually demonstrated leadership and dedication to both House Davion and the AFFS. His recent efforts to plan, organize, and successfully execute a devastating military campaign against an enemy of the entire Inner Sphere, the Clans, and points out his lasting impact upon our people.”

The First Prince turns and asks “Field Marshal Sir Gargoyle, if you will please join me in this presentation.”

Rising from his chair on the dais, Field Marshal Sir Gargoyle *KDR* strides across the dais to stand next to the First Prince.

Hanse Davion turns back to the assembled people in the cathedral and says “in such turbulent times we often forget to look around us and appreciate the people who contribute to the workings of our lives and functions within an organization. People make the Community we live in function, and every one contributes to the final product of life.” Today we honor one particular individual that has had a lasting impact on all our lives. General Sir Aylward, please stand and present yourself.”

General Sir Alyward stands and marches to stand in front of the First Prince and Field Marshal Sir Gargoyle.

The First Prince moves over to the officer and accepting a long, thin box from an aide he says, “in recognition for your unwavering service to House Davion and the AFFS we are honored to present you with the Medal Excalibur.”

General Sir Aylward waited for the Prince to pin the medal on the breast of his uniform, then shook the Prince’s hand. The Prince resumed his speech by commanding “General Sir Aylward, please kneel. As a recipient of the Medal Excalibur you have also earned the rights and honor to be recognized as a Knight of the Realm. Field Marshal Sir Gargoyle, as Acting Knight Grand Marshal, will you please continue with the swearing in ceremony.”

Field Marshal Sir Gargoyle *KDR* turns to General Sir Aylward and announces “Knighthood is a Lifetime commitment. Knights of the Realm possess a mindset that few individuals ever achieve. Tonight we gather to reward this individual and induct into our ranks a most trusted, loyal member of House Davion. The loyalty this warrior displays is part of what makes House Davion what it is!"

“As is customary, you all must recite the oath of fealty. Repeat after me with you rank and name.”

Raising the Grand Marshal's Sword over the shoulder of the kneeling officer, Field Marshal Sir Gargoyle begins the oath. “Repeat after me; before these witnesses here assembled, I ‘General Sir Aylward’ do hereby take House Davion, and its rightful ruler, present and future, to be my Lord of life and limb." General Sir Aylward repeats the oath in a clear and strong voice.

“Before these witnesses here assembled, I, Field Marshal Sir Gargoyle *KDR*, representing First Prince Hanse Davion, take you to be the vassal of heart and hand and mind, to support and sustain you, for as long as I bear this Sword of State."

Field Marshal Sir Gargoyle *KDR* taps the kneeling General Sir Aylward once on each shoulder with the Grand Marshal’s Sword.

“With the power vested in me by The Knights of Federated Suns, The Knights of Davion, and The Knights of the Realm, as their acting Grand Marshal, I dub thee Sir Aylward, Knight of the Realm. From this day forward you have the right to be known as Sir Aylward *KR*. Please rise and join me in celebration.”

From the podium Hanse looked back at the men standing beside him, then turned to the crowd with a pleased expression. “Our enemies should mark well and know that through brave individuals such as these collected here tonight that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship to assure the survival and the success of liberty. They should study these men to understand that a people nurtured in freedom and given the ability to do what they choose, are a people that will do anything - no matter the cost - to ensure that their way of life will endure for eternity!"

TL;DR:

The highest level awards for House Davion have just been announced. They are as follows:

· Axerion has been awarded the Silver Sunburst medal.

· Jugger Grimrod has been awarded the Golden Sunburst medal.

· Dat Moe Foe has been awarded the Golden Sunburst medal.

· Hunter Kilgore has been awarded the Golden Sunburst medal.

· MischiefSC has been awarded the Diamond Sunburst medal.

· Aylward has been awarded the Medal Excalibur.

Congratulations to each one of the recipients!

Edited by GargoyleKDR, 10 December 2016 - 06:31 PM.

#2 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:42 PM

Ever forward, forever Davion!

o7

#3 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,658 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:14 PM

Konnichiwa (Bows)

Even though our Houses have had a history of conflict, the Clans have shown us that if we do not put aside our animosity and work today, we will fall one by one.

With that said, omedetoo gozaimasu to those who have been honored today!!!

(Bows)

PS stop messing with the net...:)

#4 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:15 PM

Everyones hair was ****ing amazing too.

#5 Deltree Zero

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 63 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:43 PM

I am honored to say I served under these men. O7

#6 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:50 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 10 December 2016 - 06:15 PM, said:

Everyones hair was ****ing amazing too.

My only disappointment is that these awards weren't presented based on excellence of hair.

#7 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:53 PM

View Postccrider, on 10 December 2016 - 06:50 PM, said:

My only disappointment is that these awards weren't presented based on excellence of hair.

I hear those medals give you a lifetime 10% discount at all Space Arbys in FedCom space...

oh, and if you press that button on the back, a mini comb pops out for maximum preening ;)

#8 Angm4r

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 05:07 PM

Well done men. Well deserved.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users