Multiple Lbx 10 Destroyed By Critical Hits

4 replies to this topic

#1 KnowMeByTheTrailOfDeath

• Pip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 08:34 PM

I have been playing many dual LBX 10 builds with the Cyclopes and Marauders. In these builds, the two guns are stacked in the same torso. I am noticing that at least 90% of the time, when there is a crit roll on one of the guns in that toros, both guns are destroyed. Is there a way to verify the data to see if it is a bug or just a double crit each time? Am I correct it the belief that each weapon destructions should require an independent crit roll? The frustration is loosing both primary weapons without even loosing the torso. I can under stand if they are independently destroyed, but in my cases the destructions is always simultaneous. Almost as if they are being treated as one weapon when the critical chance is rolled.

Thank you,

#2 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 04:11 AM

I have found that on the atlas, even the boar's head with its crit chance reduction, any right torso crit hit results in the LBX being destroyed before anything else.

#3 KnowMeByTheTrailOfDeath

• Pip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 02:58 PM

I agree the weapon seems to crit easily, but my main concern it is when you have two in the same torso, it always appears to crit both and not just one. I would expect the second to survive until the component is destroyed. I can't think that any other weapon has had this trend. I don't recall ever having multiple lasers destroyed out of a torso prior to the torso being destroyed.

Is it possible to track the component destruction occurrences to confirm or disprove this observation? Any way to get a Dev to investigate? It makes taking multiple LBXs into battle rather risky.

#4 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 11 December 2016 - 03:06 PM

View PostKnowMeByTheTrailOfDeath, on 10 December 2016 - 08:34 PM, said:

I have been playing many dual LBX 10 builds with the Cyclopes and Marauders. In these builds, the two guns are stacked in the same torso. I am noticing that at least 90% of the time, when there is a crit roll on one of the guns in that toros, both guns are destroyed. Is there a way to verify the data to see if it is a bug or just a double crit each time? Am I correct it the belief that each weapon destructions should require an independent crit roll? The frustration is loosing both primary weapons without even loosing the torso. I can under stand if they are independently destroyed, but in my cases the destructions is always simultaneous. Almost as if they are being treated as one weapon when the critical chance is rolled.

Thank you,

Welcome to the world of the Atlas. The weapons are always gone before the torso. Makes you wonder why anyone thought structure quirks ever made a bit of difference. Sure the mech doesn't lose it's torsos, but what good does that do when there are no weapons in them.

#5 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 December 2016 - 09:29 PM

View PostBilbo, on 11 December 2016 - 03:06 PM, said:

Welcome to the world of the Atlas. The weapons are always gone before the torso. Makes you wonder why anyone thought structure quirks ever made a bit of difference. Sure the mech doesn't lose it's torsos, but what good does that do when there are no weapons in them.

Au contraire. Most mechs torsos are as good as one shot from death the moment the armour is opened up, so long as they don't have structure quirks. In general I think mechs need more base structure across the board, to give a chance for equipment crits to actually come into play. Pair this with a slight crit damage buff to certain weapons (like LB and MG) and crit damage reduction to most other weapons, and I'd be super happy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users