#21 Tavious Grimm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 255 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 18 December 2016 - 11:37 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 18 December 2016 - 11:15 AM, said:

Give it a few more days as more players will come IS when their contract expires... if nothing else, hopefully you'll have more people to play with, hopefully.

You might have to stalk the IS hubs, but they're there...

And there is the crux of my issue. Contracts. I will not begrudge a player or unit their chosen path. I however am a loyalist that will never change. Its why I remain in the unit I'm in though its just usually me these days..or at least when I log in. I have entertained thoughts daily on leaving, though there are few loyalist units left. I did think when your unit, IDI showed up as loyalist I considered applying or even to COMA (I have friends there) but your unit will be moving on and I'm not sure I'm good enough for COMA, friends or not. So here I stay.

#22 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 18 December 2016 - 11:56 AM

View PostTavious Grimm, on 18 December 2016 - 11:37 AM, said:

And there is the crux of my issue. Contracts. I will not begrudge a player or unit their chosen path. I however am a loyalist that will never change. Its why I remain in the unit I'm in though its just usually me these days..or at least when I log in. I have entertained thoughts daily on leaving, though there are few loyalist units left. I did think when your unit, IDI showed up as loyalist I considered applying or even to COMA (I have friends there) but your unit will be moving on and I'm not sure I'm good enough for COMA, friends or not. So here I stay.

Well, I get that. One of the reasons I went Merc was that I wanted to be able to dip into any/all of my mechs I've amassed.

But just remember, in FP 4.1, you can group up with *ANY* IS-aligned players and form a 12 man... this gives you a much better chance than pug dropping. Heck, if you can't understand them, but stick with the group, you'll be *INFINITELY* better off (and they'll appreciate you over the potato that never follows the group, or always goes charging back in with out regrouping first).

#23 DevlinCognito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 504 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 18 December 2016 - 03:02 PM

If you see us on Tavious, drop in to say hi and we'll normally try and get you in our groups. We don't care about skill level or what unit you're in, all we want is to drop with people who can have a laugh and follow our (somewhat eccentric) drop callers. While we aim to win obviously, fun comes first. Luckily we have enough folks who can aim to be successful more often than not and drag our friendly fire happy bunch of hoodlums through the situations we get ourselves into.

#24 FallingAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 627 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 05:08 PM

SRMx has nothing but love for you Tavious. Posted Image

#25 Tavious Grimm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 255 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 18 December 2016 - 05:21 PM

Awww. Posted Image

#26 Sedmeister

• PipPipPip
  • Kashira
  • Kashira
  • 66 posts
  • LocationKuzuu Prefecture, Benjamin Military District, Draconis Combine

Posted 18 December 2016 - 06:01 PM

Hey Tavious, I often feel like the COMA team mascot. My gaming career has been all strategy/turn based. MWO is the first FPS I have played consistently and it shows. I reckon I am the worst player on the team.

Having said that, the COMA unit members are incredibly patient and they have given very helpful advice, pointers and experience and my game has improved significantly due to my association with them.

The reason I say that is apply, hang with us and let the unit members collective experience improve your game like it has mine. If you have and FPS experience, at the very least, you will be the second last worst player in front of me!

Seriously, hang out, enjoy the camaraderie and lets see what unfolds.

I do need to warn you up front though, there is quite a bit of frustration atm in the unit regarding where FP is at in terms of balance. However, always good to have one more member to hopefully turn the tide in a difficult environment atm.

View PostSedmeister, on 18 December 2016 - 05:59 PM, said:

Hey Tavious, I often feel like the COMA team mascot. My gaming career has been all strategy/turn based. MWO is the first FPS I have played consistently and it shows. I reckon I am the worst player on the team.

Having said that, the COMA unit members are incredibly patient and they have given very helpful advice, pointers and experience and my game has improved significantly due to my association with them.

The reason I say that is apply, hang with us and let the unit members collective experience improve your game like it has mine. If you have and FPS experience, at the very least, you will be the second last worst player in front of me!

Seriously, hang out, enjoy the camaraderie and lets see what unfolds.

I do need to warn you up front though, there is quite a bit of frustration atm in the unit regarding where FP is at in terms of balance. However, always good to have one more member to hopefully turn the tide in a difficult environment atm.

Oh, AND SRMx are a good unit too. We often drop with those guys too. SRMx and COMA, both good choices.

#27 LordofHaven

Rookie

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 08:27 PM

I have nothing but respect for the lore master, however getting obliterated by clanners doesn't do much for morale these days. Especially when there's so few of us loyalists left. PGI didn't help either with their decisions but there's probably nothing that can be done to rectify that now. I haven't been dropping much between school and work but I'll see if I can drop with you guys this week(end) for sure.

Edited by LordofHaven, 18 December 2016 - 08:28 PM.

#28 Hoshi Toranaga

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 435 posts
  • LocationAround

Posted 22 December 2016 - 01:22 AM

We are dropping consistently in FW.
However since we are only 1 unit, while we have a good win ratio against the clans, we can hardly make that much difference.
So far we were unable to halt the clan advancements as too few other units drop ones the clans reach Invasion.
We once managed to get them back to Assault drops, but that is as much success as there is in it so far.

Nonetheless we have great fun. We usually roflstomp through scouting until we go for full 12 man drops. We had some great matches against the clans. Of course once you hit a highend semi-pro group you sometimes hit a brick wall, but even against those we had some nice matches and good matches.
1vs1 honor fights against some of those higher ends was great fun with some RP element even.

So we are still having fun, but we are not in the illusion that we can stop the clans as a unit alone, we will keep dropping and doing our part.

#29 Sha3es

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 07:34 PM

I pledge myself to the dragon. I am able to speak for a single lance that devotes itself to the cause.

Wisdom and direction would be appreciated.

#30 FallingAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 627 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 08:18 PM

View PostSha3es, on 01 January 2017 - 07:34 PM, said:

I pledge myself to the dragon. I am able to speak for a single lance that devotes itself to the cause.

Wisdom and direction would be appreciated.

Teamspeak is your easiest path to wisdom and direction

teamspeak 162.243.239.158:9725 password Dragon (capital D)

#31 Freeman 52

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 154 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:45 AM

Having come back from holidays I got 3 victories in a row last night with IDI. So the balance is OK when grouped up.

Kurita is listed last in the faction summary tab, but that is based on total matches. Our ratios are actually higher than a couple IS factions. The problem is limited population. So let's try to get whoever is around to the TS hub so that we can raise our W/L and KDR like FRR are doing. If you see Kurita pugs in FP, please invite them to group up.

Just curious: Are there any units other than IDI dropping in EU primetime?

#32 DevlinCognito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 504 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 08 January 2017 - 03:29 PM

I saw the 36th running a 12 man and a 4 man tonight on the FRR/Kurita hub Freeman, it's the only other Kurita unit I've seen since being here. While you will always be welcome to drop with us if you see us around, it may be worth checking them out if looking for a Loyalist unit to join.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users