Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 11:40 AM

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my performance. First of all my specs:
  • I5-2500 @ 3,3GHz (default)
  • R9 390 (default)
  • 8 GB DDR-3 1333MHz
  • Win 10 64-bit Pro (Upgraded from Win 7 Prof)
  • Newses AMD Drivers (but no diff to all previous dirvers)
  • MWO on SSD (System Disk)

I am playing on all settings at MEDIUM (expect textures on very High)

GPU-Load is jumping from 0 to 100 frequently with a avg about 30%!
GPU Clock avg 800 (default 1025)
CPU load 48% from MWO, 72% total (Maybe its using 2 of 4 Cores at 100%?)

I am getting fps around 30-50 out of combat and 15-30 in combat with heavy stuttering and lags. It's playable, but its not the fun it could be. Lowering Settings wont improve my performance. I Know that MWO is CPU bound but a I5-2500 should be enough to get stable fps, shouldn't it?

I tried this HEPT thing (bcdedit /set useplatformclock true/false) but that doesnt helped at all.
I tried this Clead Driver Uninstaller: No luck
I tried to reinstall the game: No Change.

I didn't tried reinstall Win10 and I would like to avoid that.

There is no build in Benchmark but I would like to know what fps other ppl get with similar rigs.

And in the end: Any suggestions to get rid of my performance issue?

Edited by JustVoodoo, 12 December 2016 - 11:41 AM.

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 12 December 2016 - 06:18 PM

That is the non-k version, correct?

Control Panel, Power Options, set to High Performance.!!!! Other have reported issues when set to anything else.

Turn off Vsync, and any AA atm. F9 in game for FPS.
DX9 or dx11? If one, how does it run with the other?

Create a user.cfg file and place it in your MWO folder. Add the following line sys_MaxFPS = 50 , change 50 up and down while testing. You are not looking for max FPS, you are looking for steady and consistent FPS.

For your CPU, when was last time the dust was cleared out of the heatsinks? Make sure all the fans are running properly and ramping up in speed.

Make sure none of your cores are parked.

Also, what PSU and rating is it? You have a 5 year old CPU mated with a GPU from last year, are you sure the PSU is up to the task?

edit
Are you running only one monitor?

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 12 December 2016 - 06:29 PM.

#3 JustVoodoo

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 04:32 AM

Hi Tarl Cabot,

thanks for your answer and thats correct, its the non K version, so overclocking won't be an option for me. Neither my Mainboard nor my CPU supports oc. I will try it with that config at afternoon. Here are the answers to your other questions:
  • VSync is off
  • AA is set to PostAA atm, but disabling AA didn't improved performance.
  • I have also tried DX9 and DX11 but i can't remember that it helped. Atm I am using DX11
  • CPU temperatures
    • No temperature problems. Prime95 runs without any issue @ maximum clock speed
    • With FurMark my GPU clocks up to max speed as well
    • There are no problems running both, Prime95 and FurMark at the same time.
  • My PSU is from OCZ 650Watt. I have another one for backup reasons (Sea Sonic Evo xxx 600? Watt) I can try that Sea Sonic one, but I doubt that it will help. PSU should be strong enouth.
  • I am using a 2 monitor setup. One connected via DVI to the 390, the other via D-Sub with the IGP (AMD cards tend to draw much more power in multi-monitor-setup, thats the reason why I do this split)
    • I tried it with only one monitor @ 390: No improvement, but I think I will test that again.

I have to mention that there is only a small difference in playing on lowest, medium or even at high settings.

Thanks so long for your help. I will report my results later.

#4 bar10jim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 11:46 AM

Try turning down particles, shading, and shadows to low. Particles especially have a huge impact on fps.

#5 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 13 December 2016 - 05:05 PM

Control Panel, Power Options, set to High Performance.!!!! Other have reported issues when set to anything else.

Did not see a reply to this, is your power options set to high performance? An overlooked setting that can, with updates be reset back to default.

#6 JustVoodoo

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 03:23 PM

I have tried the thing with the userconfig and I set performance to High in Power options, no difference.

I tried to force MWO to run on only 2 dedicated cores but that didn't helped neither.

But I tried other games and even in CS:GO there are huge drops in fps. They are going up and down between 20 and 160+, depending on my facing and movement, I think. So the cause must be anything general, not MWO dependend.

I guess I will have to reinstall Windows and see if that helps :-(

#7 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 14 December 2016 - 03:31 PM

You might check this out before you go through the trouble of reinstalling Windows.:
https://mwomercs.com...ular-lagspikes/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users