How Do Contracts Work?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Brenden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 12 December 2016 - 06:39 PM

Like to fulfill it, do I need to run missions exclusively from the Faction Play channel, or can I jump into a match with Quick Play? I havent touched the game since the end of 14, so please excuse me if this is common knowledge.

#2 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 12 December 2016 - 07:26 PM

There are currently 2 kinds of contracts: Loyalist and Mercenary

Loyalist contracts are permanent and offer a guaranteed reward bonus for wins. you must drop 10 "trial" missions before you are officially accepted as a loyalist and get the bonus. Scouting drops count towards the 10, along with Invasion drops. You acquire "loyalty points" as a Loyalist that add to your rank in that faction.
*important* - Breaking a Loyalist Contract will ding you for 10% of your current loyalty points! So if you are at 100k LP, you'll lose 10k LP! This may not be a big deal if you plan to never come back to that faction, but if you did, you'd have to make up that 10k before you could advance in rank again.
Loyalist also get dinged for negative loyalty with the faction players they play against. So if you are Davion, but you were once Kurita, if you killed enough Kuritans, you'd lose a lot of the LP you earned in the Kuritan ranks that you'd again have to make up before advancing if you ever went back to Kurita.

Bottom line is that about the only major advantage with a Loyalist contract ATM is the guaranteed high payout when you win. Oh, and you get to vote for attack lanes.

Merc Contracts:
They only last for 7 days and your win bonus is dependent on the population of the faction you choose. The higher the population over the average (usually 10%) population of all factions, the bigger the reward penalty will be. So you can pick a really active faction and make LESS per game than choosing a slightly less active faction with a lower population where you may wait a little more in queue, but if you consistently win, you'll get paid MORE.
Mercs accrue "Merc Points" on a similar ranking system, but with only 10 levels (however, the rewards and overall MP required is comparable to the Faction Rank rewards in sum). You do not get penalized for killing enemy of other factions.

The really nice thing about being a merc is the flexibility of being able to spend time on both sides and taking advantage of all the mechs you've invested in, if you have both clan and IS.

If I missed anything, hopefully someone will fill in the gaps....

#3 Brenden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 12 December 2016 - 07:36 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 12 December 2016 - 07:26 PM, said:

There are currently 2 kinds of contracts: Loyalist and Mercenary

Loyalist contracts are permanent and offer a guaranteed reward bonus for wins. you must drop 10 "trial" missions before you are officially accepted as a loyalist and get the bonus. Scouting drops count towards the 10, along with Invasion drops. You acquire "loyalty points" as a Loyalist that add to your rank in that faction.
*important* - Breaking a Loyalist Contract will ding you for 10% of your current loyalty points! So if you are at 100k LP, you'll lose 10k LP! This may not be a big deal if you plan to never come back to that faction, but if you did, you'd have to make up that 10k before you could advance in rank again.
Loyalist also get dinged for negative loyalty with the faction players they play against. So if you are Davion, but you were once Kurita, if you killed enough Kuritans, you'd lose a lot of the LP you earned in the Kuritan ranks that you'd again have to make up before advancing if you ever went back to Kurita.

Bottom line is that about the only major advantage with a Loyalist contract ATM is the guaranteed high payout when you win. Oh, and you get to vote for attack lanes.

Merc Contracts:
They only last for 7 days and your win bonus is dependent on the population of the faction you choose. The higher the population over the average (usually 10%) population of all factions, the bigger the reward penalty will be. So you can pick a really active faction and make LESS per game than choosing a slightly less active faction with a lower population where you may wait a little more in queue, but if you consistently win, you'll get paid MORE.
Mercs accrue "Merc Points" on a similar ranking system, but with only 10 levels (however, the rewards and overall MP required is comparable to the Faction Rank rewards in sum). You do not get penalized for killing enemy of other factions.

The really nice thing about being a merc is the flexibility of being able to spend time on both sides and taking advantage of all the mechs you've invested in, if you have both clan and IS.

If I missed anything, hopefully someone will fill in the gaps....

This certainly filled me in on how it seems to work, but specifically when it comes to completing mercenary contracts, do I need to Scout/Attack/Defend or can I just Quick-Join a match?

#4 SkavenDC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 155 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWith the Golden Foxes

Posted 13 December 2016 - 05:57 AM

There is no "completing" a contract.

You sign your 7 day contract and it is up to you what is done. It will expire in 7 days upon which you can sign another 7 day contract with whoever you wish.

The only thing a contract does is decide what mechs you use in Faction Warfare, who you fight and determine how much you will get paid. You are still welcome to do Quick Play which what ever you want and get paid normally just like everyone else.

#5 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 13 December 2016 - 06:11 AM

View PostSkavenDC, on 13 December 2016 - 05:57 AM, said:

There is no "completing" a contract.

You sign your 7 day contract and it is up to you what is done. It will expire in 7 days upon which you can sign another 7 day contract with whoever you wish.

The only thing a contract does is decide what mechs you use in Faction Warfare, who you fight and determine how much you will get paid. You are still welcome to do Quick Play which what ever you want and get paid normally just like everyone else.

Yup, for right now, there is no "enforcement" of participation. You contract merely dictates where and for whom you can drop if you choose to play FP.

#6 Arch Fiend Folio

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 20 March 2018 - 06:17 PM

Is this still accurate?

#7 Arle Vox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 112 posts
  • LocationNorth America West

Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:20 AM

View PostArch Fiend Folio, on 20 March 2018 - 06:17 PM, said:

Is this still accurate?

Yes.

Keep in mind that whichever side of the sphere that you contract for (Clans or IS) restricts you in the mechs that you can use in Faction Warfare. If I choose a contract for any clan, I will be restricted to using Clan 'mechs when dropping in any FW game -> BUT I can still use IS 'mechs in Quick Play matches ( but *only* in QP)

#8 Arch Fiend Folio

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 21 March 2018 - 11:59 PM

View PostArle Vox, on 21 March 2018 - 06:20 AM, said:

Yes.

Keep in mind that whichever side of the sphere that you contract for (Clans or IS) restricts you in the mechs that you can use in Faction Warfare. If I choose a contract for any clan, I will be restricted to using Clan 'mechs when dropping in any FW game -> BUT I can still use IS 'mechs in Quick Play matches ( but *only* in QP)

Thank you

#9 Greygor 727

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 102 posts
  • LocationDisney World

Posted 23 March 2018 - 04:58 PM

I've only been a loyalist Clan Wolf, yet I am always penalized Loyalty Points for all IS House kills in Faction Play.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users