Looking For Casual Players To Drop With!

39 replies to this topic

#1 The Clappalacian

• PipPip
  • The Roughneck
  • The Roughneck
  • 38 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, USA

Posted 13 December 2016 - 04:22 AM

Are you a casual player that wants to find familiar faces to team up with in-game?
Are you looking for a unit with absolutely NO skill or playtime requirements?
Are you feeling left out playing solo, feeling intimidated joining a "serious" merc unit, but want something vaguely team-like to call you own?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you might be one of us already.....

The Allegheny Irregulars are a brand-spanking-new mercenary unit, so new, in fact, that I'm still deserting from my former faction. We're only a three-man crew at the moment, and we want to expand and find mechwarriors that share our values. What values, you ask? Well, I wasn't really going to tell you, it just sounded good worded that way. But I guess I could try to sum it up...

1. We're casual gamers, we have other obligations, and we won't be mad when you do too.
This is our most important, core value right here. There are tons of ultra competitive units out there, and they're awesome. We're not one of those. We play when we feel like it, and when we don't, we don't want anyone on our back trying to push us in. We will NEVER have any playing time expectations.

2.Experience not required. We welcome noobs, and like questions.
I've got a year in this game, put in some hours, and I'm not a pro by any stretch, but I absolutely love this game, and actually enjoy helping new players get into it. I can't make you good, I can't even make me good. But I can help you process all of the information a complex game like this throws at you. Or not. I don't need to get all in your headset about it unless you want me to.
Also, this doesn't mean that if you're a solid pilot we're not interested. We'd love experienced pilots, if you're more interested in having fun and helping out the less skilled than crushing all of your enemies effortlessly.

3.Faction Play not required. We're here for that warm fuzzy feeling of belonging to something.
I know, I know, you're saying to yourself "but what's a unit worth without FP?" I'm going to tell you. What we aim to provide is a place where you can find people to drop with in QP, get familiar with, and therefore play with as an actual team, where you know their play style and how to work with them, thereby enhancing your ability to play this teamwork oriented game. Look, it's bold because it's important! Faction Play will come, if we have enough members to drop in and make an impact.

4.Everything goes to a vote, except when it doesn't.
We're not going to vote on whether or not people get to join. Everyone meets our requirements, it's more about if we meet your requirements. But we will take it to a vote when we reach the point of taking faction contracts, or if someone feels a player needs removed from the group for any reasons.

5.18+ PLEASE.
I'm absolutely contradicting what I just said, about everyone meeting our requirements. We're crude, rude dudes, and some of our private chats are profanity laden. They don't have to be, you don't need to swear like a sailor to be one of us. But if you're offended by crude language, we're probably going to be upsetting to you at some point. Maybe not today, but someday.

---------------------------------------------------

Well, that's all I've got for now. If you liked what you saw, add me in game:

gbodack

Or my co-commander:

Steve Tha Human

Run some matches with us and see if you're interested, we're in no hurry.

If you're with us, great! If not, happy hunting anyway.

#2 The Clappalacian

• PipPip
  • The Roughneck
  • The Roughneck
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 11:23 AM

Just want to clarify: We're still in our infancy. Other than a private group for Steam users, we have no current out-of-game presence. This will be rectified if/when we have actual members. Speaking of those fictional members, if you are interested in helping to build and shape a merc unit without actually having to run it, this is your opportunity. We are casual, which in our case translates to infinitely flexible. We have no short term faction play goals, but that's up for adjustment as well, based on what our members may decide they want to pursue. Loyalty to a particular faction is also not out of the question. What I'm saying is, we're focused on the group before we're focused on any particular goals. We will be what we decide to be together.

#3 GR4VO

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 8 posts
  • LocationBallina AUS

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:03 PM

Hey GBodack
I can only drop every second week due to my roster, and I like you love this game.
I have a unit tag beside my name but take no notice of it we made it and only have three people in it.
95% of the time I drop alone and pug it out. I am not a professional player and don't consider myself a great player, I am just in it for fun. I do know that this is a team based game and it would be great to drop with people and co-ordinate a bit.
That's not to say that players that pug it out can't co-ordinate!
I like the fact the FW is an option and not a must.
Time zone is Australia so may not line up all the time.
If you would like to give me a go add me in game, if not good luck, have FUN & I might see you on the battlefield one day.
Cheers

#4 The Clappalacian

• PipPip
  • The Roughneck
  • The Roughneck
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:33 PM

Will do GR4VO. And actually one of our trio is playing out of Australia so that would be fortunate for him I'm sure. Also I'm playing at random odd hours, often on around midday your time depending on where you are in the continent, don't test my geography or time zone knowledge at this moment however.

I definitely will shoot you an add and an invite as well if you decide you'd like to run with us when you're able.

#5 Mace Huron

• Pip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:45 PM

GBodack,  have you thought about incorporating your crew into an existing unit? I was just thinking of trying to russle up some reinforcements myself. We have a crew of about 10 at all stages and locations that I think you would be able to fall in with. Let me know if you are interested in helping Gods of Night [GON] and us in helping you and your crew. Could be fun

Edited by Mace Huron, 13 December 2016 - 12:46 PM.

#6 mecha_romancer

Rookie

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 1 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in south jutland

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:51 PM

hi GBoack

I,m a new player to this.
so is it cool even through im a complete noob?

#7 The Clappalacian

• PipPip
  • The Roughneck
  • The Roughneck
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:59 PM

View Postaffa2020, on 13 December 2016 - 12:51 PM, said:

hi GBoack

I,m a new player to this.
so is it cool even through im a complete noob?

Absolutely, affa2020. My co commander has been playing for just a few days. Part of my goal here is to get new players into a group emvironment, something that took me way too long to embrace and is in my opinion a lot more fun. I'm working on recruiting people IRL into just playing the game, much less joining my unit, so I'm expecting and actually hoping to get flooded with noobs.

View PostMace Huron, on 13 December 2016 - 12:45 PM, said:

GBodack,  have you thought about incorporating your crew into an existing unit? I was just thinking of trying to russle up some reinforcements myself. We have a crew of about 10 at all stages and locations that I think you would be able to fall in with. Let me know if you are interested in helping Gods of Night [GON] and us in helping you and your crew. Could be fun

Mace, I'll talk it over with my other guys but we're really trying to start something of our own here. At the least I'd love to possibly drop with you guys in QP, collaborate a bit.

#8 Mace Huron

• Pip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 01:02 PM

Sure thing. Look me up in game. There is plenty of room in GON for new vision and leadership. We have been using Razer comms for coordinating and have been polling our team for merc contracts. Most of the contracts have been clan recently, especially Smoke Jaguar since the pay is so good

#9 ActionCal

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 10:32 PM

Hello GBodack,
I tried doing something like this several months ago. I am currently in a unit with my brother and some friends. The idea of trying to get noobs together to play as a team is awesome to pursue.
Perhaps one day we can try to get together for a string of games? I really want to get into playing several games with the same people to build teamwork.

#10 Kojak Bear

• PipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 10:47 PM

Hello, GBodack. I'm a fairly experienced player (by experience I mean playing for about 8 months or so, but actual in-game performance is very team-dependent) and the "casual unit" I joined before left me out. So I'm looking for another relaxed unit to join and I think I like how your unit is looking. Seems like my kind of people. And I would love to share what I've learned from the time I've started playing to all the other newer players out there. I hope you give me a shout-out in game. Mechwarrior Pilot name is Kojak Bear. Cheers and hope to see you on the battlefield.

P.S. my time-zone is UTC +8 for referrence

#11 The Clappalacian

• PipPip
  • The Roughneck
  • The Roughneck
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 08:32 AM

View PostActionCal, on 13 December 2016 - 10:32 PM, said:

Hello GBodack,
I tried doing something like this several months ago. I am currently in a unit with my brother and some friends. The idea of trying to get noobs together to play as a team is awesome to pursue.
Perhaps one day we can try to get together for a string of games? I really want to get into playing several games with the same people to build teamwork.

I'm definitely interested, I'm not just playing with my own unit here. I'd love to get my guys with your guys and have some good times.

View PostKojak Bear, on 13 December 2016 - 10:47 PM, said:

Hello, GBodack. I'm a fairly experienced player (by experience I mean playing for about 8 months or so, but actual in-game performance is very team-dependent) and the "casual unit" I joined before left me out. So I'm looking for another relaxed unit to join and I think I like how your unit is looking. Seems like my kind of people. And I would love to share what I've learned from the time I've started playing to all the other newer players out there. I hope you give me a shout-out in game. Mechwarrior Pilot name is Kojak Bear. Cheers and hope to see you on the battlefield.

P.S. my time-zone is UTC +8 for referrence

I'll be looking for you when I'm on next.

#12 Egoxeno

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 14 December 2016 - 10:31 AM

View PostGBodack, on 13 December 2016 - 04:22 AM, said:

Are you a casual player that wants to find familiar faces to team up with in-game?
Are you looking for a unit with absolutely NO skill or playtime requirements?
Are you feeling left out playing solo, feeling intimidated joining a "serious" merc unit, but want something vaguely team-like to call you own?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you might be one of us already.....

The Allegheny Irregulars are a brand-spanking-new mercenary unit, so new, in fact, that I'm still deserting from my former faction. We're only a three-man crew at the moment, and we want to expand and find mechwarriors that share our values. What values, you ask? Well, I wasn't really going to tell you, it just sounded good worded that way. But I guess I could try to sum it up...

1. We're casual gamers, we have other obligations, and we won't be mad when you do too.
This is our most important, core value right here. There are tons of ultra competitive units out there, and they're awesome. We're not one of those. We play when we feel like it, and when we don't, we don't want anyone on our back trying to push us in. We will NEVER have any playing time expectations.

2.Experience not required. We welcome noobs, and like questions.
I've got a year in this game, put in some hours, and I'm not a pro by any stretch, but I absolutely love this game, and actually enjoy helping new players get into it. I can't make you good, I can't even make me good. But I can help you process all of the information a complex game like this throws at you. Or not. I don't need to get all in your headset about it unless you want me to.
Also, this doesn't mean that if you're a solid pilot we're not interested. We'd love experienced pilots, if you're more interested in having fun and helping out the less skilled than crushing all of your enemies effortlessly.

3.Faction Play not required. We're here for that warm fuzzy feeling of belonging to something.
I know, I know, you're saying to yourself "but what's a unit worth without FP?" I'm going to tell you. What we aim to provide is a place where you can find people to drop with in QP, get familiar with, and therefore play with as an actual team, where you know their play style and how to work with them, thereby enhancing your ability to play this teamwork oriented game. Look, it's bold because it's important! Faction Play will come, if we have enough members to drop in and make an impact.

4.Everything goes to a vote, except when it doesn't.
We're not going to vote on whether or not people get to join. Everyone meets our requirements, it's more about if we meet your requirements. But we will take it to a vote when we reach the point of taking faction contracts, or if someone feels a player needs removed from the group for any reasons.

5.18+ PLEASE.
I'm absolutely contradicting what I just said, about everyone meeting our requirements. We're crude, rude dudes, and some of our private chats are profanity laden. They don't have to be, you don't need to swear like a sailor to be one of us. But if you're offended by crude language, we're probably going to be upsetting to you at some point. Maybe not today, but someday.

---------------------------------------------------

Well, that's all I've got for now. If you liked what you saw, add me in game:

gbodack

Or my co-commander:

Steve Tha Human

Run some matches with us and see if you're interested, we're in no hurry.

If you're with us, great! If not, happy hunting anyway.

Hello GBodack,

Sounds like a fun group of players to hang out with. I'm an old but very casual player and might be interested in dropping/joining you all.

Does your group currently use a VOIP service?

Edit: If not, I have a Mumble Server I currently pay for, and have been for quite some time that could use some love.

Edited by Egoxeno, 14 December 2016 - 10:33 AM.

#13 Warden Xim

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 79 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 14 December 2016 - 10:36 AM

My friend,i have the idea of join a Wolf unit,but i have some problems to find one.

First of all u need to know that this is my not only account,i have about 20,with different loadouts and weapons. Just for try.

Now i think that this gonna be my definitive account. And my first and only mech is the Nova S. With that mech i can obtain the "Bad Company" title,in a desesperate match for survive while under fire,the match ended at the correct moment for my luck...

Back to the topic,i have several problems to find a unit because:

-I'm Spanish and i don't understand English speaked,only writed. Also,my sound card have problems.
-I've did some drops in the past with the unit Ghost Bear Kodiak Pride,as the title says,they're from Ghost Bear faction. Tell them about a pilot "Telrock the Adder pilot" and they can say u my skills on battlefield.
-It's about one year that i wont played the game and my skills diminished.
-My first and actual only mech is the Nova S with small pulse lasers and machineguns.
-My computer is what my signiature says,so i can't play invasions on FWs. Ok to scout misión,but i don't think that people plays this.

So,that are problems,and because of that,units don't want me. But since i see that this unit is a clan Wolf,i'll like to join. Only if u accept me with those conditions. And assuming that you are loyalist to clan Wolf ofc.

So well,thanks for read and be emphatic. See u on battlefield...

P D: See a proof of my skills:
Posted Image

#14 The Clappalacian

• PipPip
  • The Roughneck
  • The Roughneck
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 10:38 AM

View PostEgoxeno, on 14 December 2016 - 10:31 AM, said:

Hello GBodack,

Sounds like a fun group of players to hang out with. I'm an old but very casual player and might be interested in dropping/joining you all.

Does your group currently use a VOIP service?

Edit: If not, I have a Mumble Server I currently pay for, and have been for quite some time that could use some love.

Egoxeno, we have a teamspeak server, but my co-founder has the information and I've lost it 3 times in the last 2 days. That being said, I doubt we're committed to any VOIP service in particular, so that may come in handy. I'm not sure when any of us will be online next, but it will be later today, I'll look for you

#15 Egoxeno

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 14 December 2016 - 10:40 AM

View PostGBodack, on 14 December 2016 - 10:38 AM, said:

Egoxeno, we have a teamspeak server, but my co-founder has the information and I've lost it 3 times in the last 2 days. That being said, I doubt we're committed to any VOIP service in particular, so that may come in handy. I'm not sure when any of us will be online next, but it will be later today, I'll look for you

Sounds good.

#16 The Clappalacian

• PipPip
  • The Roughneck
  • The Roughneck
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 10:45 AM

View PostWarden Xim, on 14 December 2016 - 10:36 AM, said:

My friend,i have the idea of join a Wolf unit,but i have some problems to find one.

First of all u need to know that this is my not only account,i have about 20,with different loadouts and weapons. Just for try.

Now i think that this gonna be my definitive account. And my first and only mech is the Nova S. With that mech i can obtain the "Bad Company" title,in a desesperate match for survive while under fire,the match ended at the correct moment for my luck...

Back to the topic,i have several problems to find a unit because:

-I'm Spanish and i don't understand English speaked,only writed. Also,my sound card have problems.
-I've did some drops in the past with the unit Ghost Bear Kodiak Pride,as the title says,they're from Ghost Bear faction. Tell them about a pilot "Telrock the Adder pilot" and they can say u my skills on battlefield.
-It's about one year that i wont played the game and my skills diminished.
-My first and actual only mech is the Nova S with small pulse lasers and machineguns.
-My computer is what my signiature says,so i can't play invasions on FWs. Ok to scout misión,but i don't think that people plays this.

So,that are problems,and because of that,units don't want me. But since i see that this unit is a clan Wolf,i'll like to join. Only if u accept me with those conditions. And assuming that you are loyalist to clan Wolf ofc.

So well,thanks for read and be emphatic. See u on battlefield...

P D: See a proof of my skills:
Posted Image

Warden Xim, we'd be happy to play some matches with you, and to have you as a part of the unit. I've been playing without audio since I started the game, and while that will be changing soon, we wont require anyone to have any audio equipment to run with us. Also the language barrier is a difficult issue, I understand only a tiny fraction of Spanish, but that can be worked around.

As far as your skills with the game are concerned, I'm glad to see you're an experienced player, but that is not important to us. You will never have to prove your skills to us, rather I would ask you to play some group matches with us to see if we are good enough for you to enjoy playing with us.

All of this being said, we will only be clan wolf for a few days until my desertion period is over. We plan to run as an independent merc unit for the time being, but that may change in the future.

I will find you in game, and if you are still interested, we'll run some matches together. If not, best of luck to you in finding a Wolf unit!

#17 Warden Xim

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 79 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 14 December 2016 - 10:50 AM

View PostGBodack, on 14 December 2016 - 10:45 AM, said:

Warden Xim, we'd be happy to play some matches with you, and to have you as a part of the unit. I've been playing without audio since I started the game, and while that will be changing soon, we wont require anyone to have any audio equipment to run with us. Also the language barrier is a difficult issue, I understand only a tiny fraction of Spanish, but that can be worked around.

As far as your skills with the game are concerned, I'm glad to see you're an experienced player, but that is not important to us. You will never have to prove your skills to us, rather I would ask you to play some group matches with us to see if we are good enough for you to enjoy playing with us.

All of this being said, we will only be clan wolf for a few days until my desertion period is over. We plan to run as an independent merc unit for the time being, but that may change in the future.

I will find you in game, and if you are still interested, we'll run some matches together. If not, best of luck to you in finding a Wolf unit!

Well,i want a clan Wolf unit because of the lore. Clan Wolf have Crusaders and Wardens,Crusaders want to reconquest Inner Sphere and Wardens want to protect him. If i turn to merc...then i'm no longer a warden of clan Wolf. But i can be a warden mercenary,so...if u want to add me ingame to friends list,my nickname is Warden Xim. Thanks for give me the opportunity. And i understand English writed,major part of words.

Or much better i'll add u to friends list.

Edit: By mercenary unit means that u going to join to I.S factions too???? Because i only have one clannie mech on my mech bay and i'm going to master elite it,building two more Novas. So if u do FWs with a I.S faction,i just can't join.

Edit2: Also,we need to take an oficial color for the mechs,i have basic red unlocked,but i have c-bills for spend for another basic color. I just can't spend real money now.

Edited by Warden Xim, 14 December 2016 - 11:27 AM.

#18 Glasknow

Rookie

• The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 4 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 14 December 2016 - 10:51 AM

Greetings from Fallaffle Security Exports(FSE1)!!!
We too are a Noob merc unit who loves the game and have been looking for other units to skirmish and train with, share what info and builds we have, so as to better everyones gameplay, we have a lil bit of a competive side but we refuse Elitist and just want to have fun. If your unit is up for skirmishes and training, let us know, we would be more than happy to set something up.

"Surrender And Prepare for Employment"
Fallaffle Security Exports

#19 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 14 December 2016 - 11:36 AM

This is great to see. Our unit SSIM (Illuminati Mercenary Group) has been around since 2008, we'd happy run with you guys. At most we can field 2 lances but usually an understrength Lance or pair.

I'll look for you guys in-game.

#20 The Clappalacian

• PipPip
  • The Roughneck
  • The Roughneck
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 12:06 PM

View PostGlasknow Odinsman, on 14 December 2016 - 10:51 AM, said:

Greetings from Fallaffle Security Exports(FSE1)!!!
We too are a Noob merc unit who loves the game and have been looking for other units to skirmish and train with, share what info and builds we have, so as to better everyones gameplay, we have a lil bit of a competive side but we refuse Elitist and just want to have fun. If your unit is up for skirmishes and training, let us know, we would be more than happy to set something up.

"Surrender And Prepare for Employment"
Fallaffle Security Exports

View Postrolly, on 14 December 2016 - 11:36 AM, said:

This is great to see. Our unit SSIM (Illuminati Mercenary Group) has been around since 2008, we'd happy run with you guys. At most we can field 2 lances but usually an understrength Lance or pair.

I'll look for you guys in-game.

I'll find both of you when I'm online next. I'm definitely interested in running some matches with established units, as well as possibly even going head to head in private matches as a form of training for everyone involved. We're still mostly focused on establishing membership, but it's coming together better than I had hoped, so soon we'll be able to drop a lance or two with other groups.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users