From Zero To Hero? Cn9-A(Ncix).

17 replies to this topic

#1 N0D

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 11:39 AM

...CN9-A(NCIX). So far i've only been poking it in mechlab, struggling to shove in a decent weapon loadout into it, all the while not sacrificing much speed. This mech just begs for a light XL engine, but i have my doubts...

Here's the results of my poking:
1) Risky mix of a dakka/laser/srm brawler (ballistic quirks are put to a good use).
2) An lrm30+Artemis support boat with tag and secondary mpl, 810 rocket ammo (might as well change mpl to ml and drop 90 ammo to pick up a bap).
I honestly don't know what to pick and use. My usual playstyle is irrelevant here - i'm neither into brawling or lurming (yet), but may as well give both a try. Don't want to buy more then one XL engine though.

Your thoughts? Which build is a steadier C-bill grinder "workhorse" in your opinion? Or maybe you have better suggestions? Please feel free to share.

#2 MikeBend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 536 posts
  • LocationUnderhive

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:21 PM

The usual CN9-A build - 3xASRM6 and 2ML on Std250 or something.

#3 N0D

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:31 PM

MikeBend, why? It's slow and lacks precision damage. Although triple srm6 sounds tempting...
Something like this ?

Edited by N0D, 13 December 2016 - 12:36 PM.

#4 Cato Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 843 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:36 PM

Endo / ferro / 3srm4+A and 2mplal std 275

Or endo / ferro / 3srm6 and 2mlas std 275

Edited by Cato Phoenix, 13 December 2016 - 01:15 PM.

#5 MikeBend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 536 posts
  • LocationUnderhive

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:39 PM

You might go ML istead of MPL and drop a ton of srm ammo for Artemis upgrade. Centurions are tricky wiht XL, unless you want to stay far from the fight. Those side torsos are easy to pop.

edit: see above poster
edit2: paint it red, so it goes faster Posted Image

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...909e293f0bd0f8c

Edited by MikeBend, 13 December 2016 - 12:44 PM.

#6 N0D

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:43 PM

Wait, what? Sinse when artemis does something for regular srms? Did i miss something, or was it always like this?

#7 MikeBend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 536 posts
  • LocationUnderhive

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:46 PM

It significantly reduses spread! Must have on srm6, maybe on srm4, never on srm2. It also speeds ssrm2 lock on time.

#8 N0D

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:49 PM

But is that reduction in spread worth whole 3 tons on a medium 50t mech, though?

#9 MikeBend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 536 posts
  • LocationUnderhive

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:51 PM

On srm6, probably yes, if you dont want to spread damage to every target component. You can only decide if you try it for yourself.

#10 N0D

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 01:05 PM

Hmm... AC10 version has noticably better work ranges. Getting to srm's range (almost point blank) would sometimes be problematic, so i'm still not certain.
What about the lrm boat? Any possible improvements? Or won't it work at all?

#11 zudukai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 01:16 PM

View PostN0D, on 13 December 2016 - 11:39 AM, said:

...CN9-A(NCIX). So far i've only been poking it in mechlab, struggling to shove in a decent weapon loadout into it, all the while not sacrificing much speed. This mech just begs for a light XL engine, but i have my doubts...

Here's the results of my poking:
1) Risky mix of a dakka/laser/srm brawler (ballistic quirks are put to a good use).

I honestly don't know what to pick and use. My usual playstyle is irrelevant here - i'm neither into brawling or lurming (yet), but may as well give both a try. Don't want to buy more then one XL engine though.

Your thoughts? Which build is a steadier C-bill grinder "workhorse" in your opinion? Or maybe you have better suggestions? Please feel free to share.

@op, if you want to run the AC/10 you're still going to want a STD engine, take a look at this; http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9144307b423e2d6

just about as fast with a STD-260 and enough ammo to make all the pot shots you can get, DPS is pretty solid and you can lose your side torso without going down, lots of face time though.

and yes, Artemis is definitely valuable to any mech that runs SRMs since they effectively increase your focused damage, instead of splashing the volley across the enemy.

Artemis also affects the lock time for every and all "locking weapons" which include all streaks, not just the IS SSRM2, i'm not sure if tag or bap/cap have any effect on the lock times.

#12 N0D

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 01:24 PM

zudukai, that's not what i'd honestly call "enough ammo", at least not for those srms... but i get your idea.

Edited by N0D, 13 December 2016 - 01:26 PM.

#13 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 16 December 2016 - 10:35 AM

YLW can take an XL300, but the ones with the 275 cap I'd stick to standard engine for the durability. I generally prefer the builds with a big gun or two in the right arm, but the ML/SRM brawlers can be okay.

#14 Camelthief

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationDarwin Australia

Posted 16 December 2016 - 05:06 PM

Fear the IS Medium!

http://imgur.com/qDrxOwz

http://imgur.com/YA12qk1

1171 DMG in an XL-Cent is something I can be happy with.

XL275
3xSRM6+A
6 Tons Ammo
2MLs

Edited by Camelthief, 16 December 2016 - 05:20 PM.

#15 Gilgamecc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 165 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:35 PM

View PostN0D, on 13 December 2016 - 12:31 PM, said:

MikeBend, why? It's slow and lacks precision damage. Although triple srm6 sounds tempting...
Something like this ?

That's like an off-brand version of mine, SRMs and MPLs and a big, maybe standard engine

#16 Requiemking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:07 PM

With mine all I did was add Endo, Dubs, and swapped the LRM10 for triple SRM4s.

#17 DavidStarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 706 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:30 PM

I'm running mine like this. Don't have any other Centurions so it's not elited, and it's about as good as elited Hunchback-4J. Which is pretty darn good for a 50-tonner. I think LRMs actually make most sense on medium mechs.

Don't see the point of equipping Artemis with LRM10s. Also, it's probably worthwhile to drop that ML for a BAP.
Shield with your right side, obviously, but better to avoid taking much fire altogether.

Edited by DavidStarr, 17 January 2017 - 11:31 PM.

#18 Omniseed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Kashira
  • Kashira
  • 255 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 11:37 AM

View PostOmnidrone, on 04 January 2017 - 10:35 PM, said:

That's like an off-brand version of mine, SRMs and MPLs and a big, maybe standard engine

That's how I have mine set up, regular MLs, Artemis SRM 6 launchers, nothing in the arm, it's sick

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users