Clan Op

50 replies to this topic

#1 horik

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 06:47 PM

Clan is OP in Faction play. It is a waste of time and lesson in futility to run innersphere. I spent alot of $$$ on IS mechs . Only to get stomped by clanners in this new patch.
No more $$$ from me until this game is more balanced.

#2 Fake News

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 519 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 06:55 PM

oh shut up

#3 cpl axeman

Rookie

• The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 07:01 PM

Give it a week and there wont be a IS planet on the map...

#4 LennStar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 476 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:55 AM

View Postcplaxeman, on 13 December 2016 - 07:01 PM, said:

Give it a week and there wont be a IS planet on the map...

As long as there isn't a technical error, this wont happen. Bet 1000€ if you want. Math is with me.

Anyway: When the patch was fresh I won 5/5 games with IS. Even 1/1 cannon attack. Cant be that bad.
As mostly in FW it's just where the good units are. They then stomp.

Edited by LennStar, 14 December 2016 - 04:55 AM.

#5 Wolf McNish

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 05:41 AM

Well, I lost most of my matches, and as I have a Whammy set up for long range sniper support fighting the clans is tough.
As you are outranged all the time in a mech that depends on range.....;)
Well and it's pretty tough in the scout missions, as the clans do tend to pack more wallop in the same weight classes.

On invasions however, I have found that a well organized team tends to carry the day.
Even if that team is made up of random people.

The key problem is a lack of organization, not op mechs. Most of the times I died was due to a well organized team using focus firing.

And I'm not sure if they account for the pilot tiers in FW, so that would account for a lot, if you for example have tier 2 or higher going up against Tier 4.

And the best bet for IS seems to go brawling, which is not really my forte.

#6 Nighthawk513

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 234 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 08:24 AM

FP does not care about tiers. You que up, you drop with whoever else is qued.
They might want to take alpine out of the map rotation, since it heavily favors clans. Speed and range advantage for clans on Alpine is going to suck, and if the bases don't change between drops, clans starts close to the high ground, and once they take that, it's basically over for IS. I would be fine if the whole map was taken out of FP rotation, just due to the fact that it will never really be balanced in a full clan vs IS fight...

#7 JuIius

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 66 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 10:20 AM

Greetings MechWarriors,

Inner Sphere DropShip division Commanders have instituted the following adjustments to their Faction Play tonnage limit:

Inner Sphere Invasion DropDeck tonnage limit has been increased from 250 tonnes to 265 tonnes until further notice.
Inner Sphere Scouting DropDeck tonnage limit remains at 55 tonnes.

Clan Invasion DropDeck tonnage limit remains at 250 tonnes.
Clan Scouting DropDeck tonnage limit remains at 55 tonnes.

Congratulations... cry more.... it always works!

#8 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 10:50 AM

They can balance what they want, they can even make Weapons similar - as long the Clan-XL has the surviveability of the IS-Standard-Engine while the IS-XL is a death trap the disbalance will be huge and after that Clan Equipment is still smaller and lighter.
Reducing HP of some Clan-Equipment was a good step but at that current values its to small of a change.

#9 Wolf McNish

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 02:58 PM

Giving Invasion 15 tons more is nice, but tbh on scouting the problem is much more pronounced, as the weight advantage really kicks in with lights and mediums.

#10 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 14 December 2016 - 03:27 PM

You have got to be kidding me.

You guys.. balance may favor Clans slightly, but frankly you are just being outplayed if the situation feels as dire as you are making it out to be.

#11 Jack Spade Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 432 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 14 December 2016 - 03:41 PM

View Posthorik, on 13 December 2016 - 06:47 PM, said:

Clan is OP in Faction play. It is a waste of time and lesson in futility to run innersphere. I spent alot of $$$ on IS mechs . Only to get stomped by clanners in this new patch.

The salt, oh dear the salt of your tears...
Shut up and join a good team, it doesent matter if its clan or IS!
IS has had the advantage for a year now, ever since the last December patch that killed the clans! Alot of clan palyers went IS for a reason. Now that they start to even the field for clans, IS noobs start crying... geez...

#12 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:19 PM

Read the Lore of the Game. Clan is supposed to be OP. Get over it.

You want to win, learn how to work together in a Unit...something that Clan Players have already figured out.

#13 Psycho Cop

• PipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 76 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 14 December 2016 - 05:32 PM

Their weapons and technology are better than IS. Clan will win long range trading, just don't think of using ER weaponry on IS mechs.
Innersphere should win by their coordination and better brawl efficiency. Focus fire is key.
Also drop deck setup and mech selection should be in sync with your team. You can't drop down in a slow assault while the rest of the team is in fast lights or mediums.
If you are in an IS faction and you are fairly new to faction play, try to find an experienced team to drop with. Most will be happy to show you the ropes if you are willing to learn.

#14 ToxicSocksWarrior

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 10:16 PM

Guy Gets Wrecked By Ms In Fw, Cries "clan Is Op!"

#15 Ghostbear1968

Rookie

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 08:51 PM

Funny, guess these type of players are the reason we as clan players, who pay more for there equipment, get limited more and more, if its weight or weapon range, and then i keep seeing so many IS units cheeting because PGI seems to be not able to stop them, really sad to see. But since i am a Loyalist, i will keep fighting IS, but i wont buy anything anymore as long as PGI cant make sure there is no cheeting going on, or at least increases the speed they deal with those guys, Sad enought that so many people rely on these tools, just because the cant pilot a Mech propperly

#16 Kurbeks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 337 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 09:05 PM

Plz tell me how are you paying more for your equipment?

#17 BigScwerl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 222 posts
  • LocationPac N Dub

Posted 15 December 2016 - 09:55 PM

View Posthorik, on 13 December 2016 - 06:47 PM, said:

hahahahaha. Sure. The forum rookie still complaining about Clan OP after our drop decks are now 25 tons LIGHTER. Blame it on the mechs and tech because tactics and skill have nothing to do with it!

Edited by BigScwerl, 15 December 2016 - 10:34 PM.

#18 Wraith 1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:25 PM

What are you talking about? Clans are perfectly balanced.

Ignore the part where they have, without exception, won every single FW phase since FP 4.1 dropped. I'm sure it doesn't mean anything.

#19 BigScwerl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 222 posts
  • LocationPac N Dub

Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:35 PM

View PostKurbeks, on 15 December 2016 - 09:05 PM, said:

Plz tell me how are you paying more for your equipment?

Compare Hunchback to Hunchback IIC - nevermind the engine, just look at the default price on there.

#20 SunderMK2

• PipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 37 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe bar

Posted 16 December 2016 - 09:52 AM

Looking back at the last few months, gameplay balance felt excellent, and in our rotations between IS and clan we had right about an identical win rate. In general the gameplay balance had been the best it's ever been in the life of this game.

Now with this latest patch I see one change that I take issue with and feel may have caused a problem. Increasing the clan heat capacity. I think if the heat capacity was dialed back where it was prior to the patch and clan mechs have to dial back how often they fire we'll see a return to the balance of last week.

Edited by SunderMK2, 16 December 2016 - 09:56 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users