Are You Suddenly Getting Regular Lagspikes?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 03:09 PM

So yesterday, after updating the game, installing a windows patch, and updating my GPU drivers, I loaded up the game to play and was hit with crippling lag spikes every 12 seconds that made it impossible to play. I looked online and found all sorts of potential issues, but none of them worked. I even went so far as to replace my aging wireless card.

Nothing was working until I manually closed my Radeon Settings console. Suddenly everything cleared up and my lag was gone. I remembered that I had installed some video capture software that came with the driver called ReLive and I uninstalled it. Now everything works perfectly.

So, if you have been having horrible ping spikes lately, hit ctrl alt del, end your "Radeon Settings", and then see if the spikes stop. If that works, delete ReLive (or just do an AMD clean unistall , re-install your drivers and make sure to skip relive.)

Anyway, just thought I would share because this was making me pull my hair out.

TL;DR - If you have an AMD card, close Radeon settings (not just hide) see if that fixes. If it works, uninstall relive.

Edited by Jman5, 14 December 2016 - 03:38 PM.

#2 G4LV4TR0N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 907 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 01:43 PM

Post-patch I had to delete MWO profile and make new on in my ATI settings for game to accept my custom settings.

#3 Frosty Bits

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 37 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 December 2016 - 07:33 AM

As of Thursday I'm getting a lot of lag spikes and unexpected errors . Before Thursday everything was working great .Updated my nvidia drivers using clean install as normal aswell as the latest win 10 updates so maybe something with that as clashed. Apart from that nothing has changed.

#4 G4LV4TR0N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 907 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 05:23 PM

I do believe they changed some graphic options, because certain config options in user.cfg stopped to work making game bit slower.

#5 Onyxian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • 156 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 09:22 PM

Yes, since last patch my ping is shooting up to over 1k on an irregular basis. It's making it nigh impossible to play.

#6 Superlag

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 14 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 March 2017 - 11:16 PM

I'm running on a Fury X and experiencing these lag-spikes or frame-dips as well and the only way I can get rid of them is if I roll back the AMD drivers to the last Crimson Edition 16.11.5. Seems like something is broken on all the ReLive Edition drivers for MWO and AMD cards. Not sure if it's related but also experiencing much more buzzing (coil whine) on the new ReLive drivers as well.

#7 Leggin Ho

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 495 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBristol, Va

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:09 AM

I'm having the same issue's but I have the latest Nvidia Drivers installed, removed everything and reinstalled, hoping it will work, keep getting kicked from the game due to a display error saying the game send a bad D1D code or something along those lines.

#8 Frederick Steiner A F

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Locationthe Blue Pearl in the black Space of the Milky Way of Sun's fading away

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:42 PM

After installing the latest Crimson Driver i have that Problem too. Game seems to be more sluggish, and fps are now at the 20-30, when nothing is to see around 40-50. Cant hit well on an enemy 300 metres away with a light with that Behavior of the Game, setting it to Fullscreen and Vsync on seems to help a lil, but not much. I have no Crimson Relive installed, but will try tomorrow your Hint of deactivating Radeon Settings, and if that doesnt help i will install one of the first good crimson Drivers from around 1 Year ago, cause there i never had such a sluggish Gameplay. Fun is, BF1 where on the free demo Weekend running with maxxed out Graphics und fluid like Water...

(Phenom 1090T, 16Gb Ram, and a r290x´, Ingamesettings are high at Textures, Shading and Environment, rest is at medium)

Update: After trying to shutdown my PC yesterday, i got 2 Error- Windows from "CCC AEM Capture Window". Is that this Relive Thing? But when i go on the Relive Tab in Radeonsettings he shows "not installed". Another Thing is, that when i try to close the Game, doesnt matter which way ( ALT- F4 or the normal Log Out way, i get an Error from MWOMercs.Exe now anytime. May that be also through the CCC?
Thanks in Advance to anyone who may can help.

Edited by Frederick Steiner A F, 21 March 2017 - 05:02 AM.

#9 Frederick Steiner A F

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Locationthe Blue Pearl in the black Space of the Milky Way of Sun's fading away

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:52 AM

Update: After trying to deinstall that relive "Criminal" Driver, I had to install windows halfways new, cause it had killed my Usb Drivers too. What was not deinstalled was the .... Radeon Settings Tool, which was happily telling me that i had no Graphics Card installed, but no way to shut that Driver done. Disabling it in MsConfig doesnt help, disabling it in the service´s Window also not. Under Programs no Entry for it to deinstall. So last way was using AMD Uninstall tool, worked. Worked so well, that i cant log into my Windows cause Usb Keyboard and Mouse, which worked in the Bios and AfterPost Screen, but not anymore in Windows. Nice. Took me a half Day to get my Windows working again. Think iam done with this Criminal Driver BS. Was tinkering with spare some Money for a new AMD Graphics Card, but after that Experience... me think its done for me. Using the amd -catalyst-15.11.1beta-64bit now again, was running for 3 Years without problems and all options aviable in the CCC. Maybe i will try someday to install the "new" Driver only over "update Driver" Screen in the Devices Manager, but Possibilty for it is low.
A now disillusioned Redboy since Amd K6 II and Voodoo 3000.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users