Windowed/full Screen Resolution Problems After Patch.

27 replies to this topic

#1 Jedi Outcast

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 06:44 PM

Since the patch, I've been having problems getting the game to behave.

When it's full screened, it's a really low resolution (but it's set at 1920x1080) and keeps the mouse in a small box in the upper left part of the screen.

When it's windowed, the mouse isn't locked to the window and while playing the mouse will leave the window and click on random things.

Deleting everything and reinstalling didn't work.

Edit: I found the cause. I was running MSI's Gaming App for my video card. Disabled that and the game opened and works normally.

Edited by Jedi Outcast, 16 December 2016 - 02:56 PM.

#2 Dirtrider225

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 06:06 AM

Having the same issue, but trying to play in 1440p. Game seems to render in 720p no matter what.

#3 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,655 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 15 December 2016 - 08:28 PM

When you say deleting everything, does that include your profile in the Saved Games\Mechwarrior Online location?

The only other player who went through the pain of the game rendering in 720p instead of 1080p finally resolved it after he installed a fresh Win10 then ran MWO after reinstalling a few programs at a time. iirc it ended up being some sort of graphics program that was causing the issue.

I think it was this one.

http://mwomercs.com/...-1080p-running/

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 15 December 2016 - 08:30 PM.

#4 Natred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 716 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 16 December 2016 - 07:11 AM

I found a fix for this on Windows 7. Find the mechwaerior exe file and go to properties and click the box something about force dpi or something like that. Sorry not at home now to tell you what it says exactly.

Disable dpi scalling worked for me

Edited by Natred, 05 February 2017 - 11:30 PM.

#5 Jedi Outcast

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 02:56 PM

[color=#959595]I found the cause. I was running MSI's Gaming App for my video card. Disabled that and the game opened and works normally. [/color]

#6 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 05:19 PM

Thanks for replying back on what program was interfering and causing the issue for you!!

#7 Zergoverlord

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 05:48 AM

I have this same issue now. But mine started after i experienced a power outage while the program was running. i rebooted and it will only push super low settings regardless of the video setting. I reinstalled the client and still nothing.

#8 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 07:43 PM

Reinstalling the client does not necessarily remove the game configuration files. Saved Games, Mechwarrior Online, profiles. If you are using the stay alone client, use the Repair Tool and mark every check box. That should remove any settings saved. And reinstall your GPU drivers. You did mention a power outage.

#9 Cave Raider

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 25 posts
  • LocationGalloway NJ

Posted 22 January 2017 - 09:57 PM

Hey Guys '

Can someone please help me I cant get my game to get out of the 1280x720 resolution from in game. I have my montior set to 1768x992 and want my game to match this. I have a nvidea 1070 card and I cant not figure this out.

I have a steam installed game...

Edited by Cave Raider, 22 January 2017 - 09:58 PM.

#10 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 08:43 PM

It is an actual monitor or a LCD TV? It would appear the TV, maybe the GPU is set in over overscan.

Switch to windowed mode and/or modify your TV/GPU settings.

#11 Cave Raider

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 25 posts
  • LocationGalloway NJ

Posted 23 January 2017 - 09:21 PM

Hey Man
My monitor is an LCD TV 40 inch. How do I change the overscan? I dont even know what that means..lol

#12 Cave Raider

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 25 posts
  • LocationGalloway NJ

Posted 24 January 2017 - 11:39 AM

TV Resolution is set to 1920X 1080,but my game still at 1280x720. Please tell me how to fix this its driving me nutz

#13 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 04:14 PM

Is this after you have logged into the game? Click on Settings (lower right) Video. On the resolution, does it not allow you to switch to 1920x 1080?

If no, change from FULL Screen or FULL Windows to just windowed mode. Is your desktop now at 1920x 1080? Save and log out completely. Log back into game, Settings Resolutions, does it show 1920x 1080 as being available?

#14 Cave Raider

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 25 posts
  • LocationGalloway NJ

Posted 24 January 2017 - 04:36 PM

Correct Tarl
I log into the game. My desktop says 1920X1080 but in the settings of my game where you fix up you Mech's and in game they both say 1280x720. Even in windowed mode my desktop says 1920X1080 but if I hit Alt Enter it goes back to 1280X720 again. Im trying what you suggested right now and I'm going to report back here in a few minutes....

Edited by Cave Raider, 24 January 2017 - 04:37 PM.

#15 Cave Raider

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 25 posts
  • LocationGalloway NJ

Posted 24 January 2017 - 04:47 PM

OK Here's a couple of screen. I did save it to Windowed Mode and when I went back into game ....No Joy on the selections, only thing available was 1280X720...I really need this corrected, its driving me crazy and I'm grateful for your help

Screens

Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 04:47 PM

Kk, the default setting is 1280x720 until it is changed the game's settings, screen resolution then click on the arrow for more options. If it does not show up. Keep game in "windowed" mode, log completely out of the game then back in, and go back into Settings/Video. It should help refresh the game info on what resolutions are available.

Okay, sec, just saw your new post..

Okay, go to your Saved Games \Mechwarrior Online \ Pilots name \ attribute.xml. Open it in notepad. Look for these lines and change them to those numbers

<Attr name="OptionCfg.r_DXVersion" value="DX11"/>
<Attr name="OptionCfg.r_Height" value="1080"/>
<Attr name="OptionCfg.r_Width" value="1920"/>

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 24 January 2017 - 05:05 PM.

#17 Cave Raider

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 25 posts
  • LocationGalloway NJ

Posted 24 January 2017 - 07:59 PM

OK The strange thing is if I go back to DX9 I can get the 1920X1080 settings but if I try to use DX11 all I get is the 1280x720, even if I change it in the attributes file. The file automatically changes back and loses the resolution lines in the file. Weird. Can you even use dx11 and get that resolution or are we to use the DX9.

#18 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 09:10 PM

It is possible a 3rd party program is interfering that is bring triggered by dx11. Over the last year a few players had issues where the game would not run in 1080p but only 720p or causing issues with resolution and it changed depending on if running dx9 or dx11. For both it was related to a 3rd party program. One player was only able to isolate the program by reinstalling the OS installing basic updated System items and the game. After installing 2 programs at a time he would load up the game and check. It took him a few days before a program he installed triggered the issue.

For the above 1080 not available, it was a graphic program. For the others it was either some sort of recording program or an overlay from a program that was running in the background, ready to be used.

For your LCD TV, what brand and model is it? And how exactly is your GPU connected to the TV? HDMI to HDMI, etc?

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 25 January 2017 - 09:15 PM.

#19 Sgt Raynor

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 05:20 AM

Hi all,

Sorry for possibly cluttering this thread with another question, but I'm having severe performance issues since the patch on 24th Jan.
Granted, my machine is probably pretty bad but I have had more than enough very smooth games to know that it can handle the game on the lowest settings. My native screen res is at 1366x786 and I've been running the game on both this and 1280xsomething. Both managed to give me smooth matches. I've had some issues back in December, this is when I started using the Razer Cortex program to free up resources and it worked fine until recently. Even with the explorer being closed while the game is running I'm only getting around 10-15 fps.. maddening. Maybe some of you guys know what's up with that.
My system is as follows
Win 8.1 64 Bit
8 GB Ram
AMD A10-5750M APU with Radeon Graphics
I've got something like Dual Graphics and it actually shows me two video cards..
AMD Radeon HD 8570M
AMD Radeon HD 8650G + 8570M Dual Graphics
1TB SATA hard drive

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

#20 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 08:58 AM

View PostSgt Raynor, on 26 January 2017 - 05:20 AM, said:

Hi all,

Sorry for possibly cluttering this thread with another question, but I'm having severe performance issues since the patch on 24th Jan.
Granted, my machine is probably pretty bad but I have had more than enough very smooth games to know that it can handle the game on the lowest settings. My native screen res is at 1366x786 and I've been running the game on both this and 1280xsomething. Both managed to give me smooth matches. I've had some issues back in December, this is when I started using the Razer Cortex program to free up resources and it worked fine until recently. Even with the explorer being closed while the game is running I'm only getting around 10-15 fps.. maddening. Maybe some of you guys know what's up with that.
My system is as follows
Win 8.1 64 Bit
8 GB Ram
AMD A10-5750M APU with Radeon Graphics
I've got something like Dual Graphics and it actually shows me two video cards..
AMD Radeon HD 8570M
AMD Radeon HD 8650G + 8570M Dual Graphics
1TB SATA hard drive

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Laptop or something similar.
  • Can of compressed air, keep heatsinks, at least the ones accessible cleared of dust buildup.
  • Control Panel, Power Options set to High Performance (make sure it is connected to AC and not running on just on battery)
  • user.cfg - create a file called user.cfg with the this line, adjust as needed: sys_MaxFPS = 30

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 26 January 2017 - 08:58 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users