Crashing On Loading Map

48 replies to this topic

#1 Blastinthepast

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 11:02 PM

Ever since the patch, I have not been able to complete one single match over two days. I sent an email in, nothing. I ran the repair tool and other such normal methods, but honestly, I know it is the patch, so what do I do? It always seems the more 'improvements' they make (which honestly most players did not ask for) the WORSE the lagitme and stability of the game get.
I love this game, I have played since Beta, I have multiple emails just I try different mechs, I have spent money on the game, etc. BUT I can't take all these changes that keep ruining the game anymore. I also don't want to have to do 10 steps to play something that I could play two days ago because someone else didn't care what this patch may do. Stop making us all have to own top teir rigs just to play, please....and many players say these issues still occur even with great computers.
I am sorry to vent. I am at my wits end. Any help would be appreciated, or just shared misery.
BTW, just regular quickplay, nothing fancy. Thanks.

#2 Jason Rodriguez

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 07:13 AM

You're not the only one having this problem (I do too) and it's not necesarilly bound to your computer specs. I'm sure they're looking at this issue but things like that needs time (I'm a programmer with years of experience in the field, also gamedev).

The best thing you can do is sending them crash reports.

And it's really hard for first major update to be completelly stable everywhere :)

#3 Brian Windover

Lead Programmer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 163 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:45 AM

Hi Blastinthepast,

When you say crash do you mean you are kicked back to the Front End? Or the game actually is crashing.
With this coming hotfix we have a possible solution for users getting disconnected when joining a game. This disconnect would look like you are loading into the match but then are booted back to the Front End.

Cheers,
Brian

#4 Jason Rodriguez

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 02:24 PM

View PostBrian Windover, on 15 December 2016 - 11:45 AM, said:

Hi Blastinthepast,

When you say crash do you mean you are kicked back to the Front End? Or the game actually is crashing.
With this coming hotfix we have a possible solution for users getting disconnected when joining a game. This disconnect would look like you are loading into the match but then are booted back to the Front End.

Cheers,
Brian

If it's the same thing I get it's full game crash after game loading. Today I can't even rejoin match, yesterday it was possible. I've sent some crash reports.

#5 Blastinthepast

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 05:37 PM

Brian, I mean I make it all the way to the map loading.....it takes a long time.....then when it seems like the match is about to start the game crashes completely. Pre-patch I used to have the game crash sometimes (maybe every 4 to 5 matches).....now I can't even make it to the start of one match.

#6 KOITSU

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 07:48 PM

View PostBlastinthepast, on 15 December 2016 - 05:37 PM, said:

Brian, I mean I make it all the way to the map loading.....it takes a long time.....then when it seems like the match is about to start the game crashes completely. Pre-patch I used to have the game crash sometimes (maybe every 4 to 5 matches).....now I can't even make it to the start of one match.

This is exactly how it was for me too. It may crash every 4 or 5 matches, maybe after 7 or so even pre-patch, but now I am experiencing client crashes every match or every other match. You cant play like this, because I have to start it up again, log in real quick and re-join the match, hurry and catch up with teammates, start new game, crash, repeat process.

#7 Jason Rodriguez

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 08:45 PM

View PostKOITSU, on 15 December 2016 - 07:48 PM, said:

This is exactly how it was for me too. It may crash every 4 or 5 matches, maybe after 7 or so even pre-patch, but now I am experiencing client crashes every match or every other match. You cant play like this, because I have to start it up again, log in real quick and re-join the match, hurry and catch up with teammates, start new game, crash, repeat process.

One more thing - I can rejoin practically every time, but game also crash practically every map.

#8 Blastinthepast

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 09:12 PM

I can't even rejoin anything, because this isn't the usual instability we have often seen since the last patch before this one. I literally have everything seem fine, get all the way to the map loading to play the match, and the game crashes. I can't even get INTO a map. Never happened before this patch.....the usual 4 to 5 game crash would happen in game and sometimes I could make it back in time. I am so frustrated...this is vacation now and I was looking forward to playing....and now this. It would be so awesome if half the time that was spent on random game functions only a few hardcore people care about was instead spent on GAME STABILITY.....and not killing off some of your players with patches. Simply put, if no one answers from email from tech that has been sitting there for a few days with the attachments the auto-reply asked me to send, and no one can help make me even play the game like I used to do pre this patch, I guess I have to hang up my jumpsuit and play Star Wars online or some other game that is actually stable. Ugh. Sad.

#9 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 05:45 AM

To the people having game crashes:
Are you all on the standalone client, or is there a mix?

I've heard of nVidia GPUs causing problems with MWO. Are you all running nVidia, or is there a mix? (I run nVidia, but have never had problems with it)

#10 Jason Rodriguez

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 06:03 AM

View PostFox the Apprentice, on 16 December 2016 - 05:45 AM, said:

To the people having game crashes:
Are you all on the standalone client, or is there a mix?

I've heard of nVidia GPUs causing problems with MWO. Are you all running nVidia, or is there a mix? (I run nVidia, but have never had problems with it)

I'm running Steam client and have nVidia GPU.

#11 KOITSU

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 08:19 AM

Im running (you wont believe this) Intel HD 3000 gpu that is an integrated gpu with the i3 atom quad-core cpu on an Asus Transformer notebook. Now regardless of how bad that seems, it was running relatively fine before the patch. And its the standalone client.

#12 Jason Rodriguez

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 12:48 PM

One more thing - I have Windows 10 Professional (legal, patched up).
I have actual nVidia drivers.
My system is stable and clean.

Edited by Jason Rodriguez, 16 December 2016 - 12:48 PM.

#13 Blastinthepast

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 12:08 AM

Can't......play.....game.....at all. Thanks patch. Your killing me PGI.

#14 TotalCarnage

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:08 AM

I started getting that exact same problem after hte last patch. I have an Nvidia video card and had been patching regularly. I rolled all the way back to the DEC 2015 driver and have not crashed since.

#15 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 10:36 AM

I've now been unable to join two games back to back in quickplay.

It goes to the load screen. Then the screen goes black and eventually I get a "you have been disconnected from the servers." message. I log in and try to rejoin and get nothing.

Edit: The only way I have been able to connect is by connecting to a Canadian VPN. This is beyond frustrating. I'm also still getting really long black screens.

Edited by Jman5, 17 December 2016 - 12:24 PM.

#16 Blastinthepast

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 07:22 PM

I would be willing to try this if: 1) someone explained to me how to do this and 2) if things like this worked for players, why are they making patches that cause these issues in the first place, and why is tech support not emailing me to do the same?

#17 LargeMcBighuge

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 07:30 PM

Agree with the above.

Running latest nVida patch.
Stand alone client.
Two patches ago (about 2 week), cannot join regular faction matches.Sometimes can join scoutng faction matches.
Quick matches seem to work OK.

When game crashes, it almost loads. You can hear the voice coms and maybe the interior of the dropship, but then it crashes to the desktop and the error reporter.

Edited by LargeMcBighuge, 17 December 2016 - 07:31 PM.

#18 Blastinthepast

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 07:37 PM

I don't know how to rollback to 2015 or connect to a Canadian VPN. It just seems sad to me that I should have to do either? Why is no one from the game itself helping me as a player who has paid money before, instead of me searching for slightly difficult sounding solutions on forums?

#19 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:09 PM

1st off, thanks to PGI and the MW developers for creating and continuing to support this game. I'm sure thousands of players around the world appreciate your work and dedication to this product.
Now I would like to chime in with the others who are having these frequent disconnect issues.
In my case, the DC's are happening about every 3rd or 4th match.
Immediately after the voting screen completes, but before the 'loading' screen appears, I'm kicked back to the Windows desktop.
I always choose to 'send' the crash report, then re-load the game and re-join the mission.
Of note: I'm ALWAYS able to rejoin the mission in progress, which indicates the game is OK, and the maps on my machine are valid.
The disconnect seems to be associated with the system 'hand off' between the voting module and the game que.
Just my observation. Hope this helps you zero in on the root cause of this issue.

Keep up the good work.

Edit 12-20-16:
Would like to update that today's patch did not address the disconnect issue at all.
I was disconnected as usual on the 1st match after today's patch and upon re-joining the match, had already been killed by an enemy.
I stayed connected to support my team until we won the match.
Of course I got zero points, but the icing on the cake was that I was penalized when trying to join the next match due to "(enter the penalty message here)" as a result of the server kicking me out.
Now I'm getting a little hot under the collar.
It's bad enough that PGI caused these frequent disconnects, thru their coding, but to penalize a player after the disconnect is just too much.
How many of you feel this is unfair?

Feel free to chime in - - - -

Good hunting.

Edited by Peace2U, 20 December 2016 - 05:06 PM.

#20 Jason Rodriguez

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 02:07 AM

View PostPeace2U, on 17 December 2016 - 09:09 PM, said:

1st off, thanks to PGI and the MW developers for creating and continuing to support this game. I'm sure thousands of players around the world appreciate your work and dedication to this product.
Now I would like to chime in with the others who are having these frequent disconnect issues.
In my case, the DC's are happening about every 3rd or 4th match.
Immediately after the voting screen completes, but before the 'loading' screen appears, I'm kicked back to the Windows desktop.
I always choose to 'send' the crash report, then re-load the game and re-join the mission.
Of note: I'm ALWAYS able to rejoin the mission in progress, which indicates the game is OK, and the maps on my machine are valid.
The disconnect seems to be associated with the system 'hand off' between the voting module and the game que.
Just my observation. Hope this helps you zero in on the root cause of this issue.

Keep up the good work.

It's my experience as well but the crash is most likelly to occur at the end of loading screen. I also can re-log into match no problem.
Sometimes I don't have crashes. It occurs in semi-random fashion.

Edited by Jason Rodriguez, 18 December 2016 - 02:08 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users