48 replies to this topic

#41 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,658 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 31 December 2016 - 10:55 PM

The ports, especially if using a router and most are running with its own built-in software firewall, aka SPI, stateful packet inspection. If there is a bad connection with packet losses and/or abnormal ping times, incoming packet rush could be seen as an attack, causing the router to close that port temporarily. Disabling the router software firewall does not disable hardware NAT. Depending on router, port triggering can be setup instead.

One test to see if it is a router setting is to bypass the router and connect directly with the modem, if applicable, unless that is actually a gateway (combo router AND modem) with its own software firewall.

Tis why it is better to have a clean connection than a low ping and a bad connection. Have a low ping does not mean have a good/stable connection.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 31 December 2016 - 11:24 PM.

#42 Jason Rodriguez

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 04:13 PM

I've found solution. I just close the game after every match. Now it doesn't crash anymore.
Memory leak problems?

Edited by Jason Rodriguez, 01 January 2017 - 04:13 PM.

#43 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 08:57 AM

Hello fellow players.
Like most of you, I'm seeing the frequent disconnects happening after the 'voting' screen and before the 'loading' screen.
Disconnects are not uncommon in this game, however, since the last patch they have become both frequent and widespread.

I'm not here to throw stones, but to offer a possible path to the solution.

Who was it that said "when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
(let me put on my deerstalker hat and take a puff on my briar pipe to think on this)

After reading the many descriptions of people posting in various forum areas, and seeing that there is no particular PC configuration, network setup, or common ISP that would indicate that the problem is 'user' based, I have come to the conclusion that the root cause is provider based.

* I believe the problem lies with the hand-off between the 'matchmaker' and the map hosting server. *

This could be the result of some bad coding, but more likely is a PGI internal network flaw.
Could be firewall, VPN, or simply overload.

Hopefully, a DEV or other PGI support staff will accept this logic, and investigate further to determine the root cause.

I've observed them addressing other issues and feel confident that if they bring focus on this, the solution will present itself.

Happy mech year to all.

Peace - OUT

#44 Regalya

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:16 PM

View PostJason Rodriguez, on 01 January 2017 - 04:13 PM, said:

I've found solution. I just close the game after every match. Now it doesn't crash anymore.
Memory leak problems?

Doing the same for a while...Maybe some sort of memory leak..
Works on Quick drop and Scouting but do not work on Invasion i for once can't enter.

Cleared cache deleted stuff like stdshader_dx7.dll tried to add user.cfg useroverride.cfg updated dx,c and net framework updated drivers,used legacy ones closed Nvidia experince and anything else that runs on background deleted and downladed new MWO on steam tried lowest settings along with all possible resu also windowed/full modes etc
Ofc sended support mail,crash reports etc no return so far tho..
Verified integrity of the game files from steam checked on rooter,antivirus and run scandisk also network stuff like flus dns tried with vpn and without one basicly i did everything comes to mind nothings seems to be working!

This is so infuriating that i might be getting addicted to it.

Posted Image

Things i can't do change windows version,update pc specs and downloading the game 3rd time.

Edited by Regalya, 06 January 2017 - 11:17 PM.

#45 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 05:52 PM

In addition to my previous comment, I would like to add that when I submit (attempt to submit) the crash data, an error occurs as follows:

HttpSendRequestEx has failed

Is the error report failing for the same reason that the dropout occurred?

Hope this is a clue for PGI techs to chew on.

#46 Jason Rodriguez

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 04:34 AM

View PostRegalya, on 06 January 2017 - 11:16 PM, said:

Doing the same for a while...Maybe some sort of memory leak..
Works on Quick drop and Scouting but do not work on Invasion i for once can't enter.

Cleared cache deleted stuff like stdshader_dx7.dll tried to add user.cfg useroverride.cfg updated dx,c and net framework updated drivers,used legacy ones closed Nvidia experince and anything else that runs on background deleted and downladed new MWO on steam tried lowest settings along with all possible resu also windowed/full modes etc
Ofc sended support mail,crash reports etc no return so far tho..
Verified integrity of the game files from steam checked on rooter,antivirus and run scandisk also network stuff like flus dns tried with vpn and without one basicly i did everything comes to mind nothings seems to be working!

This is so infuriating that i might be getting addicted to it.

Posted Image

Things i can't do change windows version,update pc specs and downloading the game 3rd time.

I can't reliably play Invasion either.

Game is really unstable but I think it's more than one issue at work here.

#47 Regalya

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:04 PM

it's strange that this isn't being taken seriously enough even ignored to some degree despite hundereds maybe tousands(?)of players suffering from it..

#48 DaangeroussDann

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:33 PM

Same thing here,, upon loading maps,, any map,, CW or QP, I get game unexpected error and closes trying to send crash report, which always fails . I quit playing for nearly a year after the Decal patch,, game Frame Rates went to hell on CW specially. Now,, with a small upgrade, I reinstalled brand new copy,, and crashes every single game, I don't have a problem rejoining, ever, rejoin works great,, good job pgi ;(. To me it feels like a networking error, the game just decides to close. like its getting sent to the wrong directory. I think some pgi guys are smoking the funny stuff and this is a stupid misplacement of markers. My system is incredibly stable in all other games I play, only mwo gives me head aches.

#49 DaangeroussDann

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:39 PM

View PostPeace2U, on 08 January 2017 - 05:52 PM, said:

In addition to my previous comment, I would like to add that when I submit (attempt to submit) the crash data, an error occurs as follows:

HttpSendRequestEx has failed

Is the error report failing for the same reason that the dropout occurred?

Hope this is a clue for PGI techs to chew on.

Yes,, mine too,, error report NEVER succeeds.
I run mwo with no firewall or anti virus (learned years ago that caused problems too). all other media works fine,, its only mwo acting like the ugly stepchild. Guess I may have to uninstall for another year , then check back and find the game is even laggier, with lower frame rates, and more crash's than ever before,, as is the record of mow

Edited by DaangeroussDann, 20 January 2017 - 03:41 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users