Looking To Get Involved In Fw

2 replies to this topic

#1 Kagashi

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:29 PM

Hey all,

I'm looking to get involved in FW more regularly for the clans, but am really only just starting out mech wise (even though I've been 'playing' for 3 years, its only been here and there).

I had a vague drop deck plan, but with today's change to 240, that's gotta change. Problem is I prefer brawling and mobility to long range lasers/er-ppc/guass etc, which wasn't great in previous years I tired FW?

Mechwise so far, I've got a Hunch IIC-A (er-ppc, boring but works), couple of Nova's and a Timberwolf (currently prime, but wanted to switch to S). I was planning to use 2x Nova, 2x Timberwolf for a brawling drop deck, so any thoughts on how lose 10 tons on that and would it even be viable in FW?

Cheers
Kagashi

#2 M A N T I S

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 02:44 PM

Hop in teamspeak, and join stranamechty.info, password is StranaMechty (mind the caps).

Many teams in there brawl, actually. I'd say it's our default fighting style, you'd fit in fine, and it's always good to have more people involved. Join a channel with people in it and say 'Hi'. We'll be glad to help you get setup.

#3 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 16 December 2016 - 04:15 PM

View PostKagashi, on 15 December 2016 - 10:29 PM, said:

Hey all,

I'm looking to get involved in FW more regularly for the clans, but am really only just starting out mech wise (even though I've been 'playing' for 3 years, its only been here and there).

I had a vague drop deck plan, but with today's change to 240, that's gotta change. Problem is I prefer brawling and mobility to long range lasers/er-ppc/guass etc, which wasn't great in previous years I tired FW?

Mechwise so far, I've got a Hunch IIC-A (er-ppc, boring but works), couple of Nova's and a Timberwolf (currently prime, but wanted to switch to S). I was planning to use 2x Nova, 2x Timberwolf for a brawling drop deck, so any thoughts on how lose 10 tons on that and would it even be viable in FW?

Cheers
Kagashi

Unfortunately, your deck as you describe it is pretty much is set for 250 (or 225 if PGI cuts us again). Buy an ebon Jaguar and sub it in for one of the timbers an you are at 240 without losing much performance-wise. That would be how I would do it without reworking your whole deck.

Mantis is spot on--- get on the Strana Mechty TS and ask in to a group. If the are CSJ and have space you can usually get a spot

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users