New Mechs For Mwo

13 replies to this topic

#1 Smooth Hexagon

Rookie

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 11:17 AM

Just so you know from the beginning I'm not asking for Fan-Made Mechs I'm asking for what people think should be added into the game next. I personally would like either the Clint or the Hollander to be added in. Those two Mech are good light "cheap" mechs that a new player could get there hand on pretty early and are pretty Decent all around mechs. That's my opinion now what's yours? Posted Image

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,765 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 11:26 AM

View PostThe Ghost Of Winter, on 17 December 2016 - 11:17 AM, said:

That's my opinion now what's yours? Posted Image

Inner Sphere or Clan?

#3 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 18 December 2016 - 10:40 AM

Deva
- cause I'm tired of Clan vs IS smack talk give those summer children something to hate and fear

Edited by Karl Streiger, 18 December 2016 - 10:40 AM.

#4 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:03 PM

IS: I would like to see how they would execute the Exterminator though though light fans really need a new toy like the Spector or Jackal.

Clan: I know plenty who would want to see the Piranha. Personally, I like to see what they do with the Warhammer IIC though we may need a break from Clan Assaults.

Edited by Steel Raven, 18 December 2016 - 01:03 PM.

#5 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:11 AM

As much as I hate to say it, I'd love to see the amount of salt that the Owens and Strider would create.... they are such bad mechs for MWO... okay for TT, but not my go to choice for their weight brackets...

#6 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:25 AM

Nova Cat and Mad Cat Mk II. I will be a very content Clansmen aftet those are added.

#7 Smooth Hexagon

Rookie

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 01:18 PM

I would like to see a Mad Cat Mark.ll as well but chronologically we haven't quite made it to that mechs construction date. However, the Warhammer llC and the BattleMaster llC are right about this time and I would like to see them as well.

#8 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 22 December 2016 - 01:43 PM

The Scorpion.
/Thread

#9 Smooth Hexagon

Rookie

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 08:38 AM

Quadripedal mechs would be an interesting addition that could complete change the game. I do like the Idea of the scorpion, though Posted Image

#10 Neela_the_Tarantula

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 03:57 AM

A couple of thoughts...

One: Urbie Hero... I know that the Urbanmech was suppose to be a Joke mech but it would be interesting to see what a Hero Urbanmech would look like. Maybe the Hero Urbie would actually have Missile Hardpoints or extra AMS or ECM. could be fitted with an ER PPC. Its already essentially a 30ton medium mech. here is just a hardpoint layout.

Example: Lets say the hero had a ER PPC instead... and qwirks that made er ppc sniping/pop-tarting irrisistable.

Qwirks:
*insert generic Structure/armor quirks here*
ER PPC volicity + 50%
ER PPC cooldown + 10%
ER PPC heat gen. - 25%
energy range + 10%
energy heat gen. -10%

Part:Hardpoint/Equipment
head: none/ AMS ammo x 1
center torso: ECM/ Guardian ecm, standard 60
Right Torso: 1AMS/ AMS x 1, Double Heatsink x3
Left Torso: 1AMS/ AMS x 1 Double Heatsink x3
Right Arm: 2 Energy/ ER PPC x 1, Double Heatsink
Left Arm: 2 Energy/ Med Laser x2 Double Heatsink
Right Leg: none/ jump jet x2
Left Leg: none/ jump jet x2

This ofcourse is just a thought.

Two: Missile Viability in Faction play... it needs to happen... I love LRM boats but I never see them in faction play... yet I have seen videos where BEEF took a team of LRM boats and 2 scouts for narc/tagging... the savagry was epic... but nobody supports missile boats in faction play... Narc/ tagging should get an epicly huge c-bill bonus and promoting TEAMWORK and Supporting the LRM boats...

#11 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 09:56 PM

Sounds like we will be getting Hero releases like they did for the Clan Heros so you might get your wish.

Urbanmech- Deputy Dog

Panther Hero- Katana Kat

Wolf Hound Hero- Grinner

Mist Lynx- ????

Arctic Cheetah- ????

Crab- Zoidberg! (because why not Zoidberg!)

Enforcer- Enforcer Daniel (sure PGI will give it a tacky name but it's a canon variant to mess with)

Shadow Cat- ????

Grasshoper- Gravedigger

Black Knight- Ian (vote to call it Python for the obvious joke)

Mad Dog- ???

Ebon Jag- Jaguar Samantha

Hellbringer- ????

Zeus- Boss Lady

Gargoyle- Gargoyle Conal

Executioner- ????

#12 LlamaCruiser

Rookie

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 12:20 AM

Being a long time fan of the "franchise", there's still a few mechs I miss and would love to see.
~Lights~
- Hitman - awesome and swift mech, for which I bet stealth armor would be cool
- Hollander - a mech I'd really love to see, with its particular weapons mount- Hornet - a pain in the *** since 2760
- Mongoose - for those who love the spider, but just want slight variation. Also, of course, need to be able to use ECM and stealth armor

I was one of those who loved to see the Urbanmech, and now await the Piranha with glee (although I don't ordinarily play clanners)

~Medium~
The medium category is pretty fleshed out already with cool designs, but there are still some cool ones missing:
- Alfar - no great hit, but smoking hot and looks awesome
Huron Warrior - another sweet looking ride that is too hot for its own good and may be overlooked by many.
- Shadow Hawk - Among the classics that look alot like a transformer. Nice weapon platform, light killer and scout. Fine design that goes well into the ranks of mediums in the game (along the griffin and phoenix hawk). Gimme
- Wyvern - I can scarcely describe how i love this odd and barely useful mech. Should allow it to carry ecm and/or stealth armor

~Heavy~
- Crusader - This mech is a fantastic SRM platform, and it would look so cool accompanying a Black Knight. And all the legendary ammo explosions I have had with this one. Please, please please! I bet it will look wonderful
- Flashman - ugliest laser platform, more closely lookalike to the urbie you need to look long for. Gotta say, love this too. Furnish it with a really rust-ridden hero-skin as well (this is pretty ancient)
-Gallowglas - ancient awesome looking classic
-Guillotine - because
-Rifleman IIC - this is maybe the most awesome looking second line mech the clanners have.
Posted Image

~Assault~
Stone Rhino/Behemoth - possibly the coolest mech in the game. But should properly be a superheavy mech
Thug - I know it is basically an Awesome, but it looks so much more... awesome.
The Mackie could be made into a hero-mech, maybe only available through awards and supply caches =P

I'd like to see Star League and other IS events (where the SL mechs are played with SL and IS std tech levels are played respectively. I know, I'm odd) Wouldn't a 2x12-light mech event also be fun?
Would also love to see superheavy class (the Behemoth/Stone Rhino should be the showcase mech), and quad mechs and (rudimentary) melee introduced at some point, although melee fighting will never be a big thing, it isn't really in the original game either.

#13 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 06:40 AM

View PostLlamaCruiser, on 27 November 2017 - 12:20 AM, said:

- Shadow Hawk - Among the classics that look alot like a transformer. Nice weapon platform, light killer and scout. Fine design that goes well into the ranks of mediums in the game (along the griffin and phoenix hawk). Gimme

We already have the Shadow Hawk.

Also, necro.

#14 Fiachdubh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • LocationSkulking out along the Periphery somewhere.

Posted 15 December 2017 - 06:08 AM

Bandersnatch.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users