22 replies to this topic

#1 Woopass

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 209 posts
  • LocationTacoma, WA

Posted 18 December 2016 - 03:40 PM

So suck it up cupcake! It's what the clans do anyways. If you are piloting 240-ton company vs any inner sphere CW tonnage level, and ***** about it or cannot perform well. You are not a clanner and your blood line should be burned. (not real life blood line, cause ya know how clans carry bloodlines and what not) So ya buttercup stop yer little girl whining!

Sincerely,

Woopass
<0

#2 Mace Huron

• Pip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 04:14 PM

We can face this challenge, brothers. We will bid our batchall and defeat their forces with the fewest resources possible. This is our way.

#3 Fake News

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 519 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 08:51 PM

yeah, you guys go ahead. tired of buying into a mech to have it nerfed into ****. not buying **** till they stop ******* about.

#4 Wilhelm Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 10:07 PM

It doesn't matter that they've nerfed the clan tonnage. Clans are STILL bulldozing across the FW map.

Why? Collective skill. This Clan tonnage nerf was implemented because there are an overwhelming number of high-tier / comp players in the Clans right now. Wouldn't happen to have anything to do with the release of the Marauder II-C, would it? The only reason that IS even has a chance right now is because most Clanners are busy leveling their non-mastered Marauder II-Cs! If PGI wanted to avoid this happening, and it always happens when a new mechpack is released: Most of the comp / high-tier / experienced population move to whichever side gets the new shiny released that month, then they need to release a mechpack for EACH side AT THE SAME TIME, even if it meant a two-month release cycle... That way, there will be less of a swing toward one side or the other because both sides will have new-mech-leveling enthusiasts, resulting in a better balance of overall player skill between sides.

Anyway, with the coordination of organized group drops, along with the general inherent discipline, leadership, and cooperation of experienced / comp players (even as PUGs), COD-minded "lone wolf" IS PUGs don't stand much of a chance, even with their 25 ton advantage.

Nothing can nerf teamwork, discipline, and experience. THAT is truly dangerous to Clanners with the added IS 25 tons!

#5 Fake News

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 519 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 06:00 AM

clan top merc teams are still bulldozing. clan loyalists and pugs are having a shitshow.

#6 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 19 December 2016 - 11:09 AM

View Postebolachan, on 19 December 2016 - 06:00 AM, said:

clan top merc teams are still bulldozing. clan loyalists and pugs are having a shitshow.

I assume you mean Clan solo loyalist, cause our unit is taking planets and doing fine in fights ....haven't looked at the loyalist unit leaderboards to get stats lately, but last time I looked Clan loyalist units were taking a lot of planets as well. Merc units might be swinging the balance, but Clan loyalist units are also doing work. Clan PUGs are indeed losing games for us...for sure. No different than the IS though.

#7 Fake News

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 519 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 11:31 AM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 19 December 2016 - 11:09 AM, said:

I assume you mean Clan solo loyalist, cause our unit is taking planets and doing fine in fights ....haven't looked at the loyalist unit leaderboards to get stats lately, but last time I looked Clan loyalist units were taking a lot of planets as well. Merc units might be swinging the balance, but Clan loyalist units are also doing work. Clan PUGs are indeed losing games for us...for sure. No different than the IS though.

Glad you're having such a fun time with it.

of course if you're having a great time running a set drop deck, because you would be a moron to run any assault, with as much tonnage as we're seeing spread through all 4 IS drop decks, then more power to you. I think the nerf is asinine, stupidly thought out, and reinforces in my mind that PGI does not know what the hell they're doing.

#8 Phantomime

• PipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 56 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 19 December 2016 - 12:46 PM

This was the way to balance Clan vs. IS. This is the cannon (battletech) way to balance the Clan vs the IS.
So now, a good year later, that's what they are doing.. after swinging the nurf bat as often as a 3y old going for a pinata.. *slow clap*

#9 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 19 December 2016 - 12:54 PM

I am sorry they made a tonnage change that inconveniences a few dezgra, unable to adapt.

Meanwhile, your compatriots continue to steamroll IS for the most part.

What Clan factions have a positive W/L despite the tonnage swing? ALL OF THEM

What IS factions currently have a positive W/L with the tonnage swing? NONE OF THEM

How many clan planets have been lost? NONE

How many Loyalist IS Units have tags on map? NONE

I'm not even sure any IS Mercs have planet tags (earned while IS)...

So again, so sorry, your personal enjoyment was inconvenienced, but I'm pretty sure that IS doesn't give a crap and the *good* clanners would wish you'd put your big boy pants on and keep the steamroll on...

#10 ArchSight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 492 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 02:50 PM

240 tons is the original drop deck tonnage that community warfare started out with. A 60 ton average per mech. A 12 player group in the quick play group que has a 50 ton average per mech.

250 tons was PGI making it easier for new players to form a drop deck to get into faction play.

Reducing tonnage to the original 240 tonnage could be a good thing. The more experienced players that are used to the 240 ton drop deck wont be affected and the new players that were less likely to play community warfare will be less likely to drop in front of the IS due to not having a 240 drop deck.

240 tonnage drop decks isn't bad because it's what were post to have in community warfare. Both sides should have 240 tons.

#11 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 19 December 2016 - 02:55 PM

View Postebolachan, on 19 December 2016 - 11:31 AM, said:

Glad you're having such a fun time with it.

of course if you're having a great time running a set drop deck, because you would be a moron to run any assault, with as much tonnage as we're seeing spread through all 4 IS drop decks, then more power to you. I think the nerf is asinine, stupidly thought out, and reinforces in my mind that PGI does not know what the hell they're doing.

MAD-IIC, TBR/NTG/EBJ/HBR, HBK-IIC, ACH

Sounds great to me....

#12 Garfish

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 01:37 PM

We are still crushing them. I will admit I was upset when the tons dropped again and didn't play for a couple days, but after getting in a few games it was the same old same old. It's all about teamwork.

#13 Chocowolf Sradac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 306 posts
  • LocationStar Colonel, Clan Wolf, 4th Wolf guard, Alpha Galaxy

Posted 20 December 2016 - 04:51 PM

in other words keep mostly Cheetahs and a timby or ebon in my dropdeck

doesn't change my drop decks at all since faction warfare first launched the only one being the cheetahs when they were put in (it was the kittfox before)

I will agree that most clan units even with the buffs to the IS team in favor of new players is still winning matches and having it back at it's original tonnage doesn't change much for quite afew that was playing when it started. I do think the tonnage should be even for both sides

Edited by Chocowolf, 20 December 2016 - 04:54 PM.

#14 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 20 December 2016 - 05:13 PM

View PostGarfish, on 20 December 2016 - 01:37 PM, said:

It's all about teamwork.

#15 Alaric Hasek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 169 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 05:23 PM

Oh, no. Clanners might have to run 4 Stormcrows. How terrible!

#16 DevlinCognito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 504 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 20 December 2016 - 05:27 PM

Some of the stuff we are seeing from the other side of the fence:

Clan teams not even attempting to work together and folding the second we mount a push.

Vipers with nothing but a single LRM15.

Players whining the second they drop so they've already mentally lost the fight.

It doesn't matter how many tonnes you lose or gain with stuff like that going on, some of these guys will go and lose that fight anyway and still complain about the IS SUPA QUIRKZ OP. Personally the teams I am in are enjoying the closer fights, and don't think we didn't notice the extra Clan heat capacity that seems to have slipped under the radar. Decent Clanners are using it very effectively instead of spending the entire game whining.

Play to your strengths.

#17 ArchSight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 492 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:43 PM

240 tons is the sweet spot for promoting mech diversity in drop decks this is why both sides should be 240 tons. Going heavier promotes bringing something equally lighter. If a player has two 100 ton assaults in their deck they would need two 20 ton lights. If the player wants to run something heavier on their third and fourth wave instead of locusts they would have to subtract tonnage by changing one or two of the 100 ton mechs. Of course, nothing is stopping the player from using all 60 ton mechs except for the risk of loosing because it was out tonned or out played in the wave it's being used on but that goes the same for using most of the tonnage for a mech.

#18 Adrikk

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 05:11 AM

Seems like scouting mode has shifted in IS favor though, winning the war for the planet but losing the intel battles

#19 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 26 December 2016 - 05:37 AM

If you look at the big picture, it is sort of normalizing on an average, you have 2 clan factions and 2 IS factions approaching 1.0 W/L and the rest are outliers.... its like its creeping slowly to closer to evening out. That's not the whole story, I know, but it is showing that the curbstomping is is not as constant, and that IS (if it would organize itself) has a chance to win, and thats really all you can ask for... not easy mode... just a chance to win.

Edited by MovinTarget, 26 December 2016 - 06:20 AM.

#20 Deadeye254

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 205 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 11:23 AM

This is why it does no good to post constructive crit on the forums moving target quit lashing out at my guys because you are a sore loser we are not losing that is not what this post is about. Its about the fact that we do nothing but roll IS baddies in wave after wave of LRM boats(that's why IS is getting rolled btw) then finally we get a real team that would be a really fun match only to lose it in a clincher because they had 300tons more than us its killing the enjoyment of a clan loyalist player that's our gripe. Yes **** is unbalance and lets please address the problem and stop with the tonnage band aid already that's the point we are tying to make

Edited by Deadeye254, 26 December 2016 - 11:25 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users