11 replies to this topic

#1 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 09:10 PM

Hail Trothkin,

So I recently founded Ghost Bear Touman (GB-T) as a semi-lore based loyalist unit within Clan Ghost Bear. I have always wanted to create a unit that follows the command structure, culture, and ideals that Clan Ghost Bear represents. As I have gone about the process of creating a unit that will "hopefully" encompass much of what it means to be a Ghost Bear and therefore provide a more authentic feel for Ghost Bear enthusiasts, I figured I would reach out to our Clan Community for some advice.

On our website I have already laid the foundations for filling and structuring both Alpha and Beta Galaxies. But structure can only do so much for satisfying that itch for us Clan enthusiasts. And so I have come to the issue of fostering and creating an authentic Clan Ghost Bear culture. Which brings me to my first task....the Clawing Ritual.

For those of you who don't know, the Clawing Ritual is a quest undertaken by only the best and brightest of Clan Ghost Bear. In this quest, eligible warriors undergo a period of reflection before being sent out into the antarctic region of Strana Mechty to hunt down and kill one of the totem Ghost Bears. Less than half survive and only few actually succeed, but for those who do, greatness and fame await them.

For Ghost Bear Touman I want to create a similar trial and I figured that since this unit will one day hopefully contribute to the overall efforts of Clan Ghost Bear that it would be the best reach out to you all.

So what would you want to see in an MWO Clawing Ritual?

I am of a mind to have it be a long ordeal (possibly taking months or more depending on the dedication of the warrior undertaking it) and encompassing a series of trials and achievements that must be completed before attaining the accolades and fame that comes with succeeding in the Clawing Ritual.

Any ideas are welcome and I would like to promote a constructive and open-minded conversation so please feel free to post your ideas.

Edit: And for those who may potentially be interested in learning more about Ghost Bear Touman and potentially join me in creating a new and effective unit within the Clan Ghost Bear family please feel free to check out GB-T's website at GhostBearTouman.enjin.com

Edited by Bjorn Bekker, 20 June 2016 - 11:55 PM.

#2 iLLcapitan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 654 posts
  • LocationBirdhouse

Posted 21 June 2016 - 05:25 AM

Quite a task to revive CGB, so nothing but best to your endeauvor mate.

#3 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:57 AM

Oh I don't expect to revive Ghost Bear just by starting a unit. There needs to be a lot that changes within the game and the community for that to happen. I just want to create a fun loyalist unit that brings Ghost Bear lore to life in-game. Thanks for the support though iLL, always good talking with ya and maybe one day MJ12 will stop by Ghost Bear for some mech carnage. Always enjoy playing both with and against you guys.

Edited by Bjorn Bekker, 21 June 2016 - 11:57 AM.

#4 Carl Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 21 June 2016 - 03:38 PM

I know im not Bear but I have an idea for your ceremony Bjorn.

The setting is either Polar Highlands or Frozen City(good cause cave). A Lance/star has just graduated and is going for the Clawing ceremony.

1 player(yourself perhaps) is in a Kodiak, the lance/star is in a combination of mechs, only 1 heavy, up to 2 meds and or 2 lights and their job is to hunt down the Kodiak and defeat it.

They need to hunt the Kodiak and kill it with the mechs they have.

#5 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 03:41 PM

That's what I'm thinking for the final part of the Ritual Carl. Something where after accomplishing all the required tasks after a period of months that the final test comes in much like the fashion that you're suggesting. I'm thinking a Kodiak and you have to hunt it down with a light or medium.

#6 Ghostryder

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 79 posts
  • LocationOklahoma, USA

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:15 PM

Bjorn, we have recently lost our Loremaster but will be bringing a new on on. As you know, without the Kodiak, it has been challenging to establish the Clawing ritual, and prior to this we used MegaMech and BT ruleset. One of our priorities with the Kodiak is establishing a MWO Clawing ritual. I am interested in your thoughts or determinations on this in light of the recent access to the proper mechs.
Please contact me at: Clan-ghost-bear.com with any issues you have encountered, and I will reciprocate with our insight

#7 Stormie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 279 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:34 AM

I'm pretty sure Ghostryder means Ghostryder@clan-ghost-bear.com (email)
alternatively you could just have a chat to him on TS

#8 Crunch Troll

• PipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 31 posts
  • Location+52.113, -106.629, +0.508

Posted 07 November 2016 - 05:50 PM

I have been working on the Clawing Ritual for CGBI using the Kodiak and likely the Huntsman. We have done Alpha and closed Beta testing already. Open Beta testing will be either later this week or early next week. The goal is to run the Ritual mid-December. Any CGB units that are interested, PM me (I might take a couple days to respond; I check the forums every couple days).

#9 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 11:58 AM

I'm not Ghost Bear anymore but I'd like to check out what you all have come up with for the Clawing Ritual

#10 Ghostryder

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 79 posts
  • LocationOklahoma, USA

Posted 12 December 2016 - 06:16 PM

We use 2 Huntsman (after a lot of testing) with limited weapons to simulate knife and spear against a KDK1 with 1 UAC10 and small lasers on Polar highlands. If other Units would like to get details, Loremaster Crunch Troll (CGBI) has it at a 98% solution.
We completed our first 2, and they were challenging and fun

#11 Ursus_Spiritus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 292 posts
  • LocationDecrypting your Authentication codes.

Posted 19 December 2016 - 08:40 AM

This actually sounds pretty interesting.

#12 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 559 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 19 December 2016 - 02:22 PM

It is interesting. My unit started its own weekly Clawing Ritual a month ago and we now have three Clawed warriors. My guys have a lot of fun with it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users