Shadowcackackackackackack!

13 replies to this topic

#1 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:41 PM

I'm saving to buy this. This will be one of my builds soon. Ao, I thought I would share. Looks fun with all the jump jets and mask on it.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...458e776bf6dff35

Edited by Arugela, 20 December 2016 - 11:42 PM.

#2 Rayden Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 759 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 06:27 AM

Yeah i have this build in my mind too. If MG's really doing some dmg now, i'll give it a try. But i will really missing that beatifull ECM :/

#3 Zimm Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 232 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 21 December 2016 - 07:13 AM

Love my little Shadowcat. A build I am particularly fond of is 3xMGs, 2xSRM6 and 1xCERPPC. Let's you keep your ecm too. Play it well and you'll always do well and have fun.

Some friends and I run a pack where one has ecm and the rest swap that for an extra 3xMGs. 2+ Shadowcats swarming you with that can be very upsetting, but it runs well solo too.

#4 Natred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 716 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 21 December 2016 - 08:18 AM

The one I use for invasion is 2 large lasers ecm and 3 machine guns. It's rather fun and it's mobility allows it to do some work. 2 large pulse and ecm is good. My unit friends runs dual er ppc, it's to hot for my taste.

#5 Mole

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:19 AM

Never tried a ballistics Shadowcat before but I tried all manner of energy snipers. I tried 2 ERLL, 2 LPL, 2 ERPPC, the lasers required too much face-time and I was constantly getting out-traded even when I tried to stay sneaky. Then one day I got fed up with the thing and did this: SHC-P

It's fragile but if you utilize your MASC properly it makes this thing really good at zooming in, delivering a heavy blow, and then zooming out before you take too much damage. It's gotta be my favorite build that I've played with so far with this chassis.

#6 stealthraccoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:57 AM

View PostArugela, on 20 December 2016 - 11:41 PM, said:

I'm saving to buy this. This will be one of my builds soon. Ao, I thought I would share. Looks fun with all the jump jets and mask on it.

That is a thing of beauty!

#7 Stf Sgt Marblez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the battlefield, trying to make a difference.

Posted 21 December 2016 - 03:01 PM

View PostArugela, on 20 December 2016 - 11:41 PM, said:

This should be an outright blast to pilot, wish they werent so darned expensive and I'd buy a few of em for c bills so I could master the chassis.

#8 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 05:35 PM

Consider that, if people read it right, regular variants of the steam pack mechs will be on sale in a few days – incl. the SHC.

And yes, it’s what I am saving up for, too.
Not sure yet if it will be this or some missile variant, tending to the P atm.

Anyone knows if other Omnimechs are supposed to get some 8/8 quirks, as the wave 1 did in the pre-last patch?

#9 Aiden Skye

• Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 21 December 2016 - 05:53 PM

Dual CERPPCs make for some fun pop tarting long range harassing action. Super hot and requires some fire discipline but one of my favorite builds.

SHC may not have a lot of hardpoints but it can be pretty versatile. 3mpl 2asrm4 is fun. 2cerll 2ssrm6, 3alrm5 2ml is fun too.

Edited by W A R K H A N, 21 December 2016 - 05:53 PM.

#10 TygerLily

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 06:35 PM

Two ERLL, six MG was good fun the other day. I like the uac plus MG lol, that's crazy.

#11 krevLL

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 100 posts
  • LocationPolar Highlands - wait, no, Canada.

Posted 21 December 2016 - 08:48 PM

You can fit 3xUAC2 + ECM if you don't mind having about as much armour as a locust, it's fun. Just double tap lots and braap some crits in.
Totally not viable for my play style though. I want to try OP's build as soon as I'm done mastering my MAD-IIC's. Favourite SHC is the 3xSRM6+AIV, 2xERML's followed by 3xERLL.

#12 Beaching Betty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 710 posts
  • Location-

Posted 22 December 2016 - 10:11 AM

And then after using that build for few matches, you find it boring and you regret your decision on buying it just because you want to try that "fun" build..

#13 Tal Blackfox

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 08:18 PM

View PostW A R K H A N, on 21 December 2016 - 05:53 PM, said:

Dual CERPPCs make for some fun pop tarting long range harassing action. Super hot and requires some fire discipline but one of my favorite builds.

SHC may not have a lot of hardpoints but it can be pretty versatile. 3mpl 2asrm4 is fun. 2cerll 2ssrm6, 3alrm5 2ml is fun too.

Dual ERPPCs is what I'm sticking with. I lack the skills to be truly awesome with it, but it's working well, even for a scrub like me.

#14 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 01:18 PM

Imagine the balistics varient when the Heavy machine guns come out! 8)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users