#1 Golden Elite

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 04:06 AM

Hi guys,

I just read this, posted 6 days ago:
https://mwomercs.com...e-holiday-deals

50% off hero mechs, sounds good!

But how to get it? In-game the price has not been updated. The announcement doesn't specify a start or end date for this event, only for the stupid cockpit items and such, which I do not find appealing at all. I want the MECHS!

In general, I find PGI to be very poor at communicating and marketing. I want to spend money on this game, but you guys are making it very difficult for me! Some time ago I could have gotten an ECM Stalker which I really really wanted, but such information is obscured through a cloak of cryptic information. Almost as if you don't want to make money from this game.

In the past I spent $500 for the golden mech. I consider myself to be a loyal customer. I want to continue to support PGI with this great game. So please, hire some PR guys and make information REALLY SIMPLE on how to get the cool stuff.

For example, the Clan Hero mechs... where do I find information on them? For example the quirks on the mechs; that's what it is all about; yet no where to be found. How can I make a buying decision based on so few information?

Please PGI, step up to aide your loyal customers pay for this game! It is on both our interest!

Best regards,
Golden Elite

#2 Star Captain a e s t h e t i c

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:23 AM

BOXING DAY SALE

DEC 26th 10 AM PST to DEC 30th 10 AM PST

20% More MC with MC Purchase

50% off MC PRICE of SELECT HEROES and CHAMPS

Copied right off the page mate.
As for stats on hero mechs, look at them in the store in-game.

Edited by Finngaard, 21 December 2016 - 10:24 AM.

#3 Golden Elite

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 11:27 AM

Agreed I apparently did not look closely enough...

To be honest though, it could be more clear. 'Boxing Day Sale' isn't what catches my eye when it comes to 50% off hero mechs.

In the future, I hope PGI makes the information super easy to find and interpret, something like:

"For this year's December Holidays we have three offers for you!

1) 50% discount on ALL hero and champion mechs purchased with MC-credits! Look for the list of all mechs in discount here. This offer is valid from Dec 26th 10AM PST till Dec 30th 10AM PST.

2) 50% discount on Premium Time when choosing 1 year or 6 months premium time. This offer is valid from blabla.

3) 50% discount on Warhorns and other stuff, the complete list is here."

Something like this would be a little bit more clear and harder to miss. For example, I do not know what is meant with things like:
- Steam Packs
- Steam Bundles
- Performance Partners
- Boxing Day
- Resolution Sale

To me those are cryptic names; why is that? Sure i could google on it and I'm sure it is explained somewhere on the site. But my point is... PGI wants to sell these to their customers. So make it stupid easy and attractive for people to read and think 'WOW I WANT THAT!!!'.

PGI is doing a good job at that with the pre-order of upcoming mechs. That information is pretty clear and people got plenty of time to pre-order with benefits. But also here things can be improved, for example more information on the mechs themselves, the quirks and perhaps videos displaying the playstyle/benefits of the mechs in question. For example, I had to purchase the Gold mech pretty much on the basis of just a few in-game rendered pictures, no moving images. Having embedded youtube-videos would definately be a plus in this situation.

So I guess I would like PGI to market their offers a little bit better so customers willing to spend money - like ME! - don't get confused or have to find information on the offers someplace else. If you want to sell something, it should be really easy and hard to miss, that is marketing!

I'm just posting this trying to help PGI; call it constructive feedback. As Finngaard pointed out, I could have done a better job reading the offer page myself. But then, if I missed the information others could misinterpret it as well or be slightly confused. It is in the interest of both PGI and their customers for the paid offers to be communicated well. I hope this will improve in the future!

Thanks PGI and Finngaard. : )

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users