Dropzone Farming, Qq Some More About It Pls, Your Tears Are Sweet

132 replies to this topic

#1 DANKnuggz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 175 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 01:33 PM

FP is supposed to be more like open warfare (it isn't really but its supposed to be...) and as such my MAIN goal is to come up with the tactics that my enemies HATE... Let me restate that.... In WAR, if your strategy is pissing the enemy off, you're doing your job right.

That being said, if your weak team gets its butt rolled all the way back to its drop zone.... YOU DESERVE TO BE SPAWN CAMPED... Why should your enemy allow you time to regroup and push???? They are your ENEMY and have absolutely ZERO desire to see you win... Don't snivel at me about "sportsmanship".... Sportsmanship is for before and after the match starts.... stuff like "GL HF".... and "GG all"..... In between beginning and end, IT IS TIME TO SKULL HUMP YOU AS HARD AS POSSIBLE!!!! Don't like that?? Well go find a Care Bears game to play or something cause war games aren't for you bud...

DEATH TO THE RED TEAM!!!

Edited by DANKnuggz, 22 December 2016 - 02:13 PM.

#2 Chagatay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 964 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 01:40 PM

Real men play IS

#3 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 01:44 PM

View PostChagatay, on 22 December 2016 - 01:40 PM, said:

Real easymode-men play IS

Fixed dat for ya ;)

#4 DANKnuggz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 175 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 01:47 PM

@BOoN LOL

#5 DoctorDetroit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 483 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 01:50 PM

It doesnt matter how many times you say this, the bads will keep thinking what they do. They cannot learn, which is why they remain bad even after playing for years.

#6 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 01:53 PM

View PostDANKnuggz, on 22 December 2016 - 01:47 PM, said:

@BOoN LOL

Too easy for a fieldgoal, so even a stunted kicker as I could finally score some points :P

#7 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 22 December 2016 - 02:57 PM

View PostDANKnuggz, on 22 December 2016 - 01:33 PM, said:

FP is supposed to be more like open warfare (it isn't really but its supposed to be...) and as such my MAIN goal is to come up with the tactics that my enemies HATE... Let me restate that.... In WAR, if your strategy is pissing the enemy off, you're doing your job right.

That being said, if your weak team gets its butt rolled all the way back to its drop zone.... YOU DESERVE TO BE SPAWN CAMPED... Why should your enemy allow you time to regroup and push???? They are your ENEMY and have absolutely ZERO desire to see you win... Don't snivel at me about "sportsmanship".... Sportsmanship is for before and after the match starts.... stuff like "GL HF".... and "GG all"..... In between beginning and end, IT IS TIME TO SKULL HUMP YOU AS HARD AS POSSIBLE!!!! Don't like that?? Well go find a Care Bears game to play or something cause war games aren't for you bud...

DEATH TO THE RED TEAM!!!

If the team was that bad, then, letting them reform wouldn't affect the outcome and would allow for your game opponents to have more enjoyment of the match giving a greater chance that they wouldn't abandon FW 4.1, stick to QP, thereby dropping our population back down to 8 people at a time playing FW.

When people get all hardassed about how people deserve to be spawn camped I always think of a grownup beating a kid at chess then doing the boisterous sore winner display.

Edited by nehebkau, 22 December 2016 - 05:27 PM.

#8 exiledangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 200 posts
  • Locationhalifax ns canada

Posted 22 December 2016 - 05:30 PM

hes a clanner all upset he can't sit there and ghost drop....

#9 Chagatay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 964 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 05:00 PM

View Postexiledangel, on 22 December 2016 - 05:30 PM, said:

hes a clanner all upset he can't sit there and ghost drop....

He'll get his wish soonTM

#10 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 05:38 PM

- Yeap and when rolled to Drop Zone IS newplayer understand what is their mistake was choosing wrong side they all go to clan and make their blood diluted... but before that Clan really go to have ghost drops soon.

#11 AssaultPig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 907 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 11:32 PM

2016: Donald Trump President, shooter players defending spawn camping, cats and dogs living together

#12 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 24 December 2016 - 08:02 AM

View Postnehebkau, on 22 December 2016 - 02:57 PM, said:

If the team was that bad, then, letting them reform wouldn't affect the outcome and would allow for your game opponents to have more enjoyment of the match giving a greater chance that they wouldn't abandon FW 4.1, stick to QP, thereby dropping our population back down to 8 people at a time playing FW.

When people get all hardassed about how people deserve to be spawn camped I always think of a grownup beating a kid at chess then doing the boisterous sore winner display.

"Letting" the enemy do anything beneficial is kind of the opposite of what you want to do in an armed conflict.

The reason you end up getting spawncamped is the simple fact that PGI has absolutely no ability to separate players based on anything important like skill or experience.

Instead of coming up with some kind of substantial tutorial that is required before being allowed into "end game content," PGI continually tries to use the player base as their unpaid trainers. "Be nice to new people." "Teach them how to play." What's in it for me to constantly be placed in an environment where the ultimate challenge is to carry ten times your own weight in vegetable matter?

No, if you're getting farmed in your spawn, don't blame the farmers....blame the people that thought it would be a good idea for you to be put up against players that can do that to you.

#13 Lyons De Flamand

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 146 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 08:16 AM

But this isn't a war, this is a game.

Let me repeat.

It's just a game!!!!

And by being a total douchebag you'll make sure you'll be only playing with yourself really fast.

#14 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 24 December 2016 - 10:23 AM

Is he being a douchebag?

Or is he doing his job to crush the opposition?

Because according to the map, he's doing an outstanding job.

And I'll tell you right now...there are PLENTY of people who I know would jump at the chance to do the exact same thing to the teams that dominate Faction Warfare. Trust me on that.

And I agree with him, because I play the same way. When I drop, I play to win. I don't hold back so that my opposition has a 'good time.' There are no participation trophies here-you either win, or you die. I'm not concerned for the feelings of the opposing team. I am concerned only for my team, and my capacity to utilize my skillset to follow the orders of the drop commander and win the match-all other concerns are trivial.

Hell, who DOESN'T play to win?

So if you're going to hide in your drop zone and use the dropships to protect you, or you're going to try to storm into said drop zones, fail to do any damage, then refuse to attack while on an Invasion mode game...then frankly, you deserve everything you get.

View PostDANKnuggz, on 22 December 2016 - 01:33 PM, said:

DEATH TO THE RED TEAM!!!

I LOVE YOU, MAN! I love this line of thinking, I really do! It's the same line of logic in EVE Online, too. HTFU. Posted Image

Only supports my previous argument about Faction Warfare, too.

Edited by Commander A9, 24 December 2016 - 10:55 AM.

#15 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 24 December 2016 - 11:07 AM

Some of the maps do not help due to their size for FP, though for QP they work for single drops cause it allows players to reach out almost immediately vs the enemy, with enough coverage, high/low sections that they are maps picked the most in QP. HPG, Canyon and Mining Collective. Majority of the other maps have long walking distance from spawn to spawn, providing some maneuvering room. And I can see while Conquest is used for competition, as it forces people to move around.

Of course there is tech differences that can exasperate the issues but most of countered by teamwork, direction. On the above maps it can almost play out as Dominion over some spawn points, but many will travel away from it instead of crashing into it head-on, to push them out. And playing them like QP-mode when not being aggressive will definitely come back to bite.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 24 December 2016 - 11:09 AM.

#16 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 24 December 2016 - 11:51 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 24 December 2016 - 08:02 AM, said:

"Letting" the enemy do anything beneficial is kind of the opposite of what you want to do in an armed conflict.

The reason you end up getting spawncamped is the simple fact that PGI has absolutely no ability to separate players based on anything important like skill or experience.

Instead of coming up with some kind of substantial tutorial that is required before being allowed into "end game content," PGI continually tries to use the player base as their unpaid trainers. "Be nice to new people." "Teach them how to play." What's in it for me to constantly be placed in an environment where the ultimate challenge is to carry ten times your own weight in vegetable matter?

No, if you're getting farmed in your spawn, don't blame the farmers....blame the people that thought it would be a good idea for you to be put up against players that can do that to you.

Those same developers have demonstrated their willingness to do nothing about it so, unless you want to have 8 people in FW at a time and no matches the spawn campers need to take responsibility for their actions. We all recognize that the lack of matchmaking is KILLING FW so it is UP TO US to do something about it rather than wait for a fix that will never come. It's called personal accountability and I wish more people in FW would have it. Every other game has had a reasonable way of separating skilled and non skilled -- and the more cutthroat the game the greater the separation.

Must we remind people that this ISN'T war but a game that requires opposition for us to play it?

No single raindrop blames itself for the flood.

Edited by nehebkau, 24 December 2016 - 11:53 AM.

#17 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 12:19 PM

Are you suggesting that big teams/skilled players should throw matches in order to have people play against us? Should we artificially lose simply because we think winning too much will drive the opposition away?

Sorry. I'm not going to deliberately lose simply because I'm afraid I'll have no one to fight. There will ALWAYS be someone to fight.

One side winning too much isn't killing Faction Warfare.

Lack of matchmaker is not killing Faction Warfare.

Even the big teams aren't killing Faction Warfare.

What's killing Faction Warfare is a lack of sufficient development towards expanding it and providing new content specifically designed FOR Faction Warfare.

What is Phase 4.1 if not simply incorporating all existing maps and gametypes into Faction Warfare. Nothing new. Nothing original. Nothing that really sets Quick Play apart from Faction Warfare.

There's your nail in the coffin.

Edited by Commander A9, 24 December 2016 - 12:52 PM.

#18 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 24 December 2016 - 12:32 PM

View Postnehebkau, on 24 December 2016 - 11:51 AM, said:

Those same developers have demonstrated their willingness to do nothing about it so, unless you want to have 8 people in FW at a time and no matches the spawn campers need to take responsibility for their actions. We all recognize that the lack of matchmaking is KILLING FW so it is UP TO US to do something about it rather than wait for a fix that will never come. It's called personal accountability and I wish more people in FW would have it. Every other game has had a reasonable way of separating skilled and non skilled -- and the more cutthroat the game the greater the separation.

Must we remind people that this ISN'T war but a game that requires opposition for us to play it?

No single raindrop blames itself for the flood.

And my riposte....

Ok, how about this....simply getting into a FW match takes time waiting and watching the stupid thing spin. If you're unfortunate enough to end up on a potato team, do you want to spend the next 20-45 minutes herping the derp or do you want to get it over quickly and move on to the next match?

Guess what? Pounding the other team before they hit the ground is about as quickly and efficiently as you can get when it comes to ending a travesty. Sucks to be the potatoes being harvested, but at least it's quick.

#19 AssaultPig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 907 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 12:33 PM

what's "killing" FP are structural issues with the gameplay, not some lack of 'content' (whatever's meant by that)

people will play a static game for a long time as long as the gameplay itself is actually fun; if it's not fun then no amount of "content" or "metagame" or whtaever will keep them around.

in fairness to PGI they've done a good job alleviating some of the issues in this iteration; the queue helps, more maps/modes help, etc. But there's still some unfun things that ought to be fixed, and spawncamping is one of those things

#20 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 12:53 PM

Want to have fun in Faction Warfare?

Here's how we do it.

We log onto Discord. We organize a drop team. Someone steps up to take charge. We coordinate. We fight. We play together.

That's pretty fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users