4 replies to this topic

#1 Holy Jackson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 222 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 07:34 PM

Which are your favorites?

I am looking to add specifically either an 85 or a 90 tonner to my inventory this week.

#2 Osric Lancaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 08:22 PM

View PostHoly Jackson, on 22 December 2016 - 07:34 PM, said:

Which are your favorites?

I am looking to add specifically either an 85 or a 90 tonner to my inventory this week.

With AC/2s the Mauler is a solid long range gunslinger. The stalker's an odd duck but it laser pokes well. The Cyclops seems well regarded as a brawler though I have no experience in the chassis personally. The Battle-Master's a mixed bag, but you're probably better off in a Stalker for the roll it fills.

Stay away from the Zeus, Highlander, Victor, Awesome and Atlas. (worst to best)

#3 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 22 December 2016 - 09:58 PM

Battlemaster. The Stalker is too slow and is only good on Borreal defense. These new game modes demand speed which not possible with the Stalker.

#4 Katpocalypse Meow

• PipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 09:16 PM

Depends a bit on how you like to play. Maulers are great for ballistics, especially the MX-90 which has 6. It SRMs OK, the 1R has the most missle points with 4 .Energy boating in a Mauler is a double edged sword. The 1P has 4, quirked heavily for ppcs, and the 2P has 6. Problem though is that they are all in the arms and are slung low at the hips. The Mauler is also very broad head on but the arms are very wide from the side as well making them great shields.

The Cyclops is a bit of a grab bag. The Sleipnir has 4 ballistics in the torso so it boats UACs or LBX well, can also do dual AC20 and 4 energy. The 10-Q has 7 missle points for SRM or LRM boating. The 10-Z has 6 energy but they are all in the arms and sit about half way between the chest and hips. The 10-A is a mix of things, 3 energy in the arms, 3 ballistic in one torso and 2 missle in the other. The Cyclops isn't as broad as the Mauler head on but the arms don't shield as well and the center torso sticks out making it relatively easy to hit from the side

#5 Starbomber109

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 387 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 12:54 AM

For Pushing/Brawling: I like the Cyclops 11-A. With an AC20 and 3 SRM4s, it's comparable to an atlas but it's much faster which is a big deal in FW. The Atlas DDC is still viable but keep in mind it's very slow, so you'll want to use it for maps where being fast isn't a big deal.

For Dakka: The preferred things seem to be Mauler M90X or Slepnir. Both running a mixture of AC5s and UAC5s (or just AC5s, the jam-chance and heat nerf really irritated a lot of people)

For Laser-vom: The Battlemaster is very popular, and it seems to have taken over for the Banshee as the more meta IS assault. Maybe because it's slightly faster? I'm not sure. The Stalker is a really good sniper but like the Atlas it's slow, with the added downside of being both easy to kill and not quite ranging clan mechs on maps like Polar Highlands/Boreal Vault.

For LRMS: NOTHING!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users