Best Investment

6 replies to this topic

#1 plodder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 995 posts
  • Locationbetwixt the seen and heard, underneath the upperhanded, above the underhanded. Sunlit with a cloudy background.

Posted 23 December 2016 - 01:28 PM

I really enjoy my tactical keypad. I have an old Nostromo by Razer, and I recomend a tactical keyboard to any gamer, but ecspecially in this game, but that is not the best investment I have decided to post here about.

The Nostromo cost a fair amount and has delivered every penny and more, but I want to share what I have said in teamspeak comms for the last year or so.

My best investment was a USB pedal switch. $10.00 programmable to keystroke. I bought 2 planning on using one for jump jets and the other for masc.

I have found the jump jet is still easier with my pinky o the left hand with my tactical keyboard.

The foot pedal for the Masc has been completely AWESOME, best bang for the buck, buy one now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...LOL

You can have it toggle on, or push to use, but it is a game changer.

Better than 10 mech bays!!!!

Good Luck and have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 24 December 2016 - 03:50 PM

HOTAS.

#3 plodder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 995 posts
  • Locationbetwixt the seen and heard, underneath the upperhanded, above the underhanded. Sunlit with a cloudy background.

Posted 26 December 2016 - 06:08 PM

View PostMystere, on 24 December 2016 - 03:50 PM, said:

HOTAS.

Would love a good one. Seems professional and clean.
Way out of my current budget at this point. Which one do you prefer?

#4 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 26 December 2016 - 07:40 PM

View Postplodder, on 26 December 2016 - 06:08 PM, said:

Would love a good one. Seems professional and clean.
Way out of my current budget at this point. Which one do you prefer?

I use a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, of course (Posted Image), along with the T.Flight Rudder Pedals.

If that's too much, you can try the cheaper Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Flight Pack (i.e. stick, throttle, same pedals as above)

#5 Bill Lumbar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:34 AM

View Postplodder, on 23 December 2016 - 01:28 PM, said:

I really enjoy my tactical keypad. I have an old Nostromo by Razer, and I recomend a tactical keyboard to any gamer, but ecspecially in this game, but that is not the best investment I have decided to post here about.

The Nostromo cost a fair amount and has delivered every penny and more, but I want to share what I have said in teamspeak comms for the last year or so.

My best investment was a USB pedal switch. $10.00 programmable to keystroke. I bought 2 planning on using one for jump jets and the other for masc.

I have found the jump jet is still easier with my pinky o the left hand with my tactical keyboard.

The foot pedal for the Masc has been completely AWESOME, best bang for the buck, buy one now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...LOL

You can have it toggle on, or push to use, but it is a game changer.

Better than 10 mech bays!!!!

Good Luck and have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buy one... I took an old racing set of peddles and a old dell keyboard, gutted them both, tested the pins on the circuit board for the keyboard, shorting out each combo of pins, found what made W, D, S, A and others keystrokes work, and soldered wires to the buttons I added from radio shack, and made two foot peddles. I run push to talk on the right one, and masc on the other left peddle.... works awesome!!!!!!!!!! Total cost $3 dollars. Posted Image

#6 plodder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 995 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:41 AM

View PostMystere, on 26 December 2016 - 07:40 PM, said:

I use a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, of course (Posted Image), along with the T.Flight Rudder Pedals.

If that's too much, you can try the cheaper Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Flight Pack (i.e. stick, throttle, same pedals as above)

Always wanted a nice setup like that. But I find I am either too cheap too poor or too chicken to make the investment when I have seriously pursued the idea. I do not feel the cheaper units would satisfy me.

Thinking about it makes me want it though........

But for 10 bucks you have an extra button for your foot for everyone else.

#7 plodder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 995 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:45 AM

View PostBill Lumbar, on 03 January 2017 - 07:34 AM, said:

Buy one... I took an old racing set of peddles and a old dell keyboard, gutted them both, tested the pins on the circuit board for the keyboard, shorting out each combo of pins, found what made W, D, S, A and others keystrokes work, and soldered wires to the buttons I added from radio shack, and made two foot peddles. I run push to talk on the right one, and masc on the other left peddle.... works awesome!!!!!!!!!! Total cost $3 dollars. Posted Image

That is freaking awesomeness!!!

I love that kind of stuff!

Already have 2 pedals, but hopefully someone else can use it. Thanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users